Derry v Wexford 11th July 2015

Started by Estimator, June 29, 2015, 10:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Estimator

Derry scrapped by 14man Down by a solitary score at home.
Wexford destroyed Down at home.

It's clear who must be the favourites for this one.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Wildweasel74

dodgy enough spin up for Wexford on the 11th Night, maybe Derry take you`s to Owenbeg, save you the need to see the city of culture and its bonfires on the 11th nite

thebuzz

Unfortunately in spite of this we'll probably still get the favourites tag which we have never worn very well. We can't afford to have too many injuries going into this one.

Someone said on the Derry thread that PJ McCloskey was back in training. I hope it's true. He'd be a major asset.

It would be great to have the game in Owenbeg. The 11th night in Derry wouldn't be much fun for the Boys of Wexford   :-)

Kid Twist

The bonfires are usually done on the 11th of August in the 'city of culture'

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 29, 2015, 11:09:37 PM
dodgy enough spin up for Wexford on the 11th Night, maybe Derry take you`s to Owenbeg, save you the need to see the city of culture and its bonfires on the 11th nite

More bonfires in your neck of the woods on that date that mine mucker!

theticklemister

Derry are 1/7 for this. Can't see why

southderryman

Quote from: theticklemister on June 30, 2015, 06:08:27 AM

Neither can I. Down should have beaten us and Wexford dismissed them handily enough by the sounds of things.  Johnson and McFaul ruled out too. Hope we don't lose anyone else before this game.

tbrick18

Quote from: southderryman on June 30, 2015, 08:19:21 AM

Neither can I. Down should have beaten us and Wexford dismissed them handily enough by the sounds of things.  Johnson and McFaul ruled out too. Hope we don't lose anyone else before this game.

Why is MFaul ruled out?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 30, 2015, 09:35:41 AM
Quote from: southderryman on June 30, 2015, 08:19:21 AM

Why is MFaul ruled out?

Broke bone in hand making a block.

screenexile

Quote from: thebuzz on June 29, 2015, 11:19:42 PM
Unfortunately in spite of this we'll probably still get the favourites tag which we have never worn very well. We can't afford to have too many injuries going into this one.

Someone said on the Derry thread that PJ McCloskey was back in training. I hope it's true. He'd be a major asset.

It would be great to have the game in Owenbeg. The 11th night in Derry wouldn't be much fun for the Boys of Wexford   :-)

The lad hasn't played football in the best part of 2 years. . .

oakleaflad

Are there any Wexford posters on the board?

theticklemister

oakleaflad

Haha good lad Tickle.

With Johnston and McFaul injured who can we see dropping into their places? Sean Leo to WHB is an obvious one. What about the other?

twohands!!!

Even though they haven't been great they have a lot more experience of playing Division 1 football.

Far better to get relegated from Division 1 than get relegated from Division 3.

Also Wexford seem to be a team who have a much better record playing at home versus away. Haven't actually looked at this but from the top of my heads have a notion their record at home is a good bit ahead of their record on the road.

Wexford pulled off a shock the last day against Down, it's very rare in the GAA that sides manage to pull off 2 shocks in a row.

southderryman

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 30, 2015, 12:49:49 PM
Haha good lad Tickle.

With Johnston and McFaul injured who can we see dropping into their places? Sean Leo to WHB is an obvious one. What about the other?

Maybe Aidan McAlynn? McKinless will have another couple of weeks under his belt too so could be an option.

I'd assume Benny Heron would come in as a starter if sean Leo drops back, although he could maybe go with the likes of McAtamney. They way we set up i suppose actual starting positions don't mean all that much