Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shagger

Kilcoo players are "Elite athletes" so they are grand....

wobbller

Quote from: shagger on February 13, 2021, 10:37:40 PM
What an insightful first post.

Johnnysboys

Quote from: shagger on February 13, 2021, 10:37:40 PM

Corofin would beg to differ....

manwithnoplan

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 13, 2021, 08:37:10 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on February 13, 2021, 01:16:33 PM
The level of personal attacks on coaches and officials, subtle
and not so subtle accusations of rule breaking, and snipes at other clubs on this message board is beyond embarrassing now. It would be great to share opinions and positive news about GAA but I suppose this whole pandemic has brought out the worst in people, especially on social media and online forums. Quit moaning about who was training and where, if anyone here can show that a group of young men out exercising directly contributed to losses of life then please share. If not, quiet down and let the young lads at it. They need it more than ever right now. In the coming years when participation levels hit rock bottom and mental health issues peak, feel free to stand by your snipey comments if you are comfortable with the current devastation of sport and mental health which has no strong evidential basis.

What a disgusting message. Lots of us abiding by the rules so we can get out of this pandemic as soon as possible for good this time. And you come put with a stupid comment like that. If the down u20 are training then shame on the county board for allowing it to happen at this time and shame on this much touted management for carrying it out..  I have no problem with lads getting programmes and carrying out such in a safe and responsible manner but collective training should not be happening in any capacity. Kilcoo lads posting on social media showing them training in 3/4's is another joke. All from different households and in contact training - they must be immune to this virus over there..

"Stupid" indeed. Another personal attack. You crack on with how you want to live your life but feel free not to upset yourself with how others are living while they do you no harm at all. I stand by everything I said, I put huge value on the physical and mental wellbeing of people and especially young people. I truly hope the devastating effects of these lockdowns don't impact you and yours in the near future, as they have done to so many already.

manwithnoplan

https://www.hoganstand.com/Down/Article/Index/315603

Interesting perspective from a man working as a doctor during the pandemic.

SamFever

A lot of support here for breaking GAA rules and respective Government's Laws.Very disturbing if it's true about our U20's and Kilcoo.

thewobbler

There's not a lot of support for it.

A couple of people (including myself) don't overly consider adult men exercising outdoors in parks that are open to the public, to be worthy of anything beyond indifference. That is neither a "lot" or "support".

By the way did you see the photos from Stormont yesterday? Thousands of people from hundreds of households all in the one public space. I'd have no problem with this either. So long as they've a dollop of common sense, the only thing they'll catch is a few shivers.

pbat

When the amount of rule breaking going on can you blame the government for removing elite sport off the GAA.

SamFever

Unbelievable the laissez-faire attitude to all of this,especially from posters who I would have expected more off.

DuffGael

With the vaccinations in the North massively outstripping the south we could well be allowed back long before them,  but would the GAA allow it or will they go with an all Ireland approach.

Mourne Red

Quote from: DuffGael on February 15, 2021, 10:16:25 AM
With the vaccinations in the North massively outstripping the south we could well be allowed back long before them,  but would the GAA allow it or will they go with an all Ireland approach.

No chance, they left north behind last year in some decision they'll open GAA up once the south are in a better situation. Whispers that it'll be May before club goes back

Johnnysboys

White smoke at last from county board about minor management.. How will they fare??

Lotto

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 16, 2021, 04:36:37 PM
White smoke at last from county board about minor management.. How will they fare??

Some range of men involved but little experience at this level. Good to see progression and reward for being involved with Development squads and less of the 91/94 brigade being handed the gig again. I hope they do well but hard to see much football at this level before they finish last year's competition.

Lloyd p

Quote from: Johnnysboys on February 16, 2021, 04:36:37 PM

Who are they then? Where was this news announced?