The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Squeaky bum time, need 31 from 24 balls.

Main Street

Boycey

michaelg

ONeill

Some innings by Belfast lad Stirling despite sweating profusely.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

michaelg

He's got to be fitter than he looks!

quit yo jibbajabba

West Indian spin bowler week or two back tippin in at 22stone...theres hope for us all to be internationals yet 😊

Main Street

Some butterfingers out there among the English, similar to that game in Bangaluru.

The O'Brien said in commentary that the English bowler just can't get away with delivering yorkies one after the other, what did he mean?

GiveItToTheShooters

Baffled that there are actually 142 pages about this muck on a GAA forum ;D

Capt Pat

A yorker is a delivery that doesn't bounce before reaching the batsman I think. A yorkie is a chocolate bar.

3 irish men got centuries in that game and no english men.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2020, 11:39:42 PM
Some butterfingers out there among the English, similar to that game in Bangaluru.

The O'Brien said in commentary that the English bowler just can't get away with delivering yorkies one after the other, what did he mean?

Didn't see the game, but presume he was talking about a yorker. This is a delivery that is aimed to bounce at the batsman's feet. If the batsman isn't expecting it, it is very difficult to score more than one run off, as you can get tied up, so it can be a good tactic in T20 or ODI.
Problem if you overuse it, it becomes predictable and the batsman can come down the wicket after it. If you are expecting it and/or if you pick it early it is a gimme
Hasta la victoria siempre

Main Street

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on August 05, 2020, 01:53:29 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 04, 2020, 11:39:42 PM

Didn't see the game, but presume he was talking about a yorker. This is a delivery that is aimed to bounce at the batsman's feet. If the batsman isn't expecting it, it is very difficult to score more than one run off, as you can get tied up, so it can be a good tactic in T20 or ODI.
Problem if you overuse it, it becomes predictable and the batsman can come down the wicket after it. If you are expecting it and/or if you pick it early it is a gimme
Thanks.

Main Street

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 05, 2020, 12:30:31 AM
A yorker is a delivery that doesn't bounce before reaching the batsman I think. A yorkie is a chocolate bar.
Yes I can see how you couldn't answer the question, being so confused that I could have been referring to the very real possibility of the batsman delivering chocolate bars to the batsman.

Orior

These colony nations are quite good at Engerland's great game.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on March 06, 2021, 11:51:41 AM
These colony nations are quite good at Engerland's great game.

When you've a pool of 1.4 billion people who's only sport is cricket you should be doing ok!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea