Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

McTominay was the best player on the pitch last night, stood out a mile as the best midfielder on show. I'd like to think he'll continue to improve, already there's been a huge difference between performances last season and this. He looks like he's got excellent leadership qualities too, looking like its one less midfielder to find. Fred has done better and has great workrate but he's got to offer more on the ball, gives it away too easily for a player who only looks to make basic passes; When we signed him I was expecting him to be technically gifted from what I read which unfortunately has been the opposite.

Ole has got a lot of stick but once again he got it tactically right and even when Chelsea equalised he changed it again which put United on the front foot. There's a long way to go yet but I do hope he's backed in January. United were heavily linked with Mandzukic last summer and I'd imagine United will try and bring him in on loan in January; He offers something totally different to what we've got which I think is what we need and would be capable of scoring goals. A midfielder is a must, I hope they stay well clear of Eriksen as he'll mess them about; He's got 6 months left on a contract so a player of his calibre on a free is going to appeal to most of the top clubs on the continent.

Maguire has done so much right the past 2 games, completely been in control and his use of the ball has been excellent but looked anything like a top centre half for both goals we've conceded.

At least we've had a positive week for the first time since the opening week of the season.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 31, 2019, 09:48:00 AM
McTominay was the best player on the pitch last night, stood out a mile as the best midfielder on show. I'd like to think he'll continue to improve, already there's been a huge difference between performances last season and this. He looks like he's got excellent leadership qualities too, looking like its one less midfielder to find. Fred has done better and has great workrate but he's got to offer more on the ball, gives it away too easily for a player who only looks to make basic passes; When we signed him I was expecting him to be technically gifted from what I read which unfortunately has been the opposite.

Ole has got a lot of stick but once again he got it tactically right and even when Chelsea equalised he changed it again which put United on the front foot. There's a long way to go yet but I do hope he's backed in January. United were heavily linked with Mandzukic last summer and I'd imagine United will try and bring him in on loan in January; He offers something totally different to what we've got which I think is what we need and would be capable of scoring goals. A midfielder is a must, I hope they stay well clear of Eriksen as he'll mess them about; He's got 6 months left on a contract so a player of his calibre on a free is going to appeal to most of the top clubs on the continent.

Maguire has done so much right the past 2 games, completely been in control and his use of the ball has been excellent but looked anything like a top centre half for both goals we've conceded.

At least we've had a positive week for the first time since the opening week of the season.

So he's been in complete control apart from the 2 times he wasn't in complete control and conceded goals??

Farrandeelin

Three away wins in a row now!!! I hope they haven't used up their quota. Tough one today against Bournemouth. I predict a 1-1 draw.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gerrykeegan

Awful again today. Once I see Ashley Cole in the squad it's a bad day. At least his yellow card means a suspension.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

stiffler

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 02, 2019, 02:36:46 PM
Awful again today. Once I see Ashley Cole in the squad it's a bad day. At least his yellow card means a suspension.

Ashley Cole would be a better option. Turgid.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

gerrykeegan

Quote from: stiffler on November 02, 2019, 02:40:18 PM

Ashley Cole would be a better option. Turgid.
I was so pissed off I couldn't figure out my mistake!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 02, 2019, 08:58:08 AM
Three away wins in a row now!!!
Back to normal today I see....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: laoislad on November 02, 2019, 05:02:09 PM

Back to back wins in the premier league was always going to be a big ask  ;D

Cunny Funt

Played alright 1st half and probably deserved to be leading not Bournemouth at half time. Another soft goal conceded due to lack of concentration in defence. To turn things around 2nd half leaders was required and apart from McTominay in patches United have none. That's defeats to West ham,Palace,Newcastle and now Bournemouth this season and the worst part is none of those teams needed to play well to beat United.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 02, 2019, 05:08:27 PM

So many corners turned it's like the Red Cow Roundabout!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 02, 2019, 05:56:36 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 02, 2019, 05:08:27 PM

So many corners turned it's like the Red Cow Roundabout!

At least I got half the scoreline correct. :-X
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

Job done in the group stages of EL by reaching the knockout stages with 2 games to spare. Not convinced if United are good enough to win the competition but a few decent signings in January might change that.

Tonights win could come at a cost if McTominay agurably Uniteds best player this season is out injured for a few games.

Boycey

Rough mental arithmetic on my behalf but I reckon average age of todays team is about 23, I say we rarely ever had a Premier League team as young?

Cunny Funt

Another home win with 3 goals scored both games United missed more chances than they scored. Back to back performances like that a rare sight for United nowadays. The return of Martial from injury is making a difference.

With Liverpool more or less wrapping the title up today and Leicester,Chelsea look good for top 4 finishes SKY and BT will be left to hype up the race to 5th.

Maroon Manc

United were great to watch the last few days but both opponents came out to play football and attacked United but when a team like Bournemouth sit back and let United have the ball this is when United struggle as the player in a the primary position to create is well out of his depth, Pereira is nowhere near good enough to play that role; He's done ok when we've played against team that come out to play but when space is at a premium he doesn't have the skill level required to influence a game. United need Pogba back quickly as the role should suit him. Its good to see Fred improving but is going to have to do a lot more to convince me he has a long term future at United.

Rashford has been very good the last month, his finishing still needs work but he has 6 goals from his last 6 starts but it could comfortably been 10; He looks far more comfortable playing from the left and he has a fantastic work rate which is equally important in that role. The front 3 looks balanced with Martial looking a perfect foil for the James & Rashford but thats when there's more space. United's front 6 pick its self when everyone is fit but the lack of alternative options is worrying and is going to hurt United unless they buy in January, they don't necessarily need to buy there's several good players out there who'll be available on loan.