#newbridgeornowhere

easytiger95

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2017, 01:42:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 10, 2017, 12:38:59 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2017, 11:53:36 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 10, 2017, 11:50:18 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2017, 11:41:10 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 10, 2017, 11:35:14 AM
Dublin.................................................Kerry..............................................Tyrone..Mayo...Monaghan/Donegal/Galway/Kildare.........................................................the rest...............................................

I'd suggest you're generous with Kildare and Donegal there.

You leave my bait alone although they are both in Division 1 next year, the only proper ranking system.

The next logical step is a Division 1A and 1B, so we can start to ignore the 1B teams and let the other 4 bucks play away with each other.
A bit like the hurley stuff.
They could play home and away in the League, then tip their hats to tradition by playing in the Provincials/Qualifiers with the rest of us and then play a "Super4"  to determine the AI finalists.

There you go. And RTE pundits could spend all week talking about the next Super Dooper Saturday/Sunday, and the new Sean Óg O'Ceallachain could read out the results from the other games at 11 o'clock on a Sunday night, like when I was a young lads and loved hearing about these exotic clubs like Fighting Cocks, Shelmaliers, Dreadknots, Gneeveguilla etc. The youngsters in 10 years could be marvelling at names like Longford, Carlow, Offaly and Westmeath.

AZ, I'm assuming they wore the Carlow colours, smoked a lot of ganja, and listened to Bob Marley's "Exodus", whilst looking to be delivered from Babylon (ie anywhere outside Dublin)? ;)

Rossfan

We're Dreadnoughts from Louth?
Do Skeoghvosteen and Skeheenarinka still exist?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on August 11, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

Skeheenarinky are a junior (I think) hurling club in Tipp.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 11, 2017, 05:47:04 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 11, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

Skeheenarinky are a junior (I think) hurling club in Tipp.
Class name. It is on the old Cork to Dublin road
Another great name on that road is newtwopothouse.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2017, 05:12:03 PM

Monaghan with their size and resources really sticks out there, it shows how good of a job O Rourke has done with them. Kerry the worse defence of the top four but getting by with a good offence. Dublin the best offence and 2nd defence no wonder they are the best team. Galway are surprising high considering they haven't seen past the last 8 since 2001.

Your own county Kildare are ok on the offence side of things but still need improving in defence as was proved again this summer.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose