Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: lenny on July 21, 2018, 09:33:46 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 21, 2018, 09:29:21 PM
Excellent performance from the Dubs, they played really enjoyable and intelligent football. Tyrone (cliche alert) did ask a some questions, however,  complaining about the ref's performance  is missing in total  the essential elements of why Dublin won, with relative ease.

Correct, I think on a full size pitch Dublin would've won by 10 or so.

What are you spouting about man --- Healy Park is the same 86m in width as Croke itself?

You haven't been believing all that pitch-narrowing nonsense have you, seriously? :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wildweasel74

Healy park is not the same size as croke park pitch; doesnt even look it@ Donegal be biting at the bullet next week!

omaghjoe

Coldrick is beyond facrical at this point. Some of the decisions of lack of were a disgrace.

You could maybe understand 1 or 2 but there had to at least a dozen and it was the timing of some of them were obviously there to kill Tyrone momentum.
In rugby Cian O'Sullivan would be facing a ban for his tackle on McGerary but what does he give.... a throw up ... while Tyrone were in the ascendansy. 
Richie Donnelly gets his fingers taken of him while going down for a pick up and then gathers a bouncing ball only to be blown up for an off the ground right in front of the Tyrone posts...

This is all only the half of it of course but these tow in

How is allowed to referee intercounty games is beyond me, besides his actual abyssmal refereeing he is constantly behind the play and struggling for fitness

Should be brought out of the town in a car boot

omaghjoe

Quote from: Jinxy on July 21, 2018, 09:38:59 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 21, 2018, 08:54:16 PM
Dublin are juiced up to the hilt.

It's time someone said it.

It's fairly obvious watching that.

Pace pace pace all night long.

They have pace everywhere.
When they go, they go hard & fast.
Then someone else has a go.
It's not the same fella every time.

Ciaran Kilkenny is flat out all the time right up to the final whistle.
Dont think he's at anything tho just a physical freak and dedicated

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 21, 2018, 09:45:59 PM
Healy park is not the same size as croke park pitch; doesnt even look it@ Donegal be biting at the bullet next week!

FFS, check out your stats, and none of this anecdotal, apocryphal "look at it" nonsense.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on July 21, 2018, 09:38:59 PM
Quote from: highorlow on July 21, 2018, 08:54:16 PM
Dublin are juiced up to the hilt.

It's time someone said it.

It's fairly obvious watching that.

Pace pace pace all night long.

They have pace everywhere.
When they go, they go hard & fast.
Then someone else has a go.
It's not the same fella every time.
Is it not Clones?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ONeill

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 21, 2018, 09:46:59 PM
Coldrick is beyond facrical at this point. Some of the decisions of lack of were a disgrace.

You could maybe understand 1 or 2 but there had to at least a dozen and it was the timing of some of them were obviously there to kill Tyrone momentum.
In rugby Cian O'Sullivan would be facing a ban for his tackle on McGerary but what does he give.... a throw up ... while Tyrone were in the ascendansy. 
Richie Donnelly gets his fingers taken of him while going down for a pick up and then gathers a bouncing ball only to be blown up for an off the ground right in front of the Tyrone posts...

How is allowed to referee intercounty games is beyond me, besides his actual abyssmal refereeing he is constantly behind the play and struggling for fitness

2 sides of coin though. Colm Cav v lucky twice in first half.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2018, 09:10:30 PM
Tyrone not too far away and I feel they played the game too safe for the most part.

On a given day, from here on, they've a sniff.
[/b]

IF they meet again, it'll be a repeat of last year in Croke Pk. Tyrone simply don't have the spread of players to put the ball over the bar consistently. It's been their achilles heel for a good while. It was a very good hardy aul battle tonight.

In the modern era, for a team to go so many championship matches unbeaten is extraordinary.

inthrough

Quote from: JoG2 on July 21, 2018, 10:02:14 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 21, 2018, 09:10:30 PM
Tyrone not too far away and I feel they played the game too safe for the most part.

On a given day, from here on, they've a sniff.
[/b]

IF they meet again, it'll be a repeat of last year in Croke Pk. Tyrone simply don't have the spread of players to put the ball over the bar consistently. It's been their achilles heel for a good while. It was a very good hardy aul battle tonight.

In the modern era, for a team to go so many championship matches unbeaten is extraordinary.
You may well be right, but full credit to Tyrone for pushing such a great side to the limit.

bigtogs

Colm Cavanagh past his best unfortunately cost us some big scores when he went off and we started to go at Dublin looked like a different game...

tyroneman

When you strip it back (and leaving Coldrick out of it) Tyrone missed 2 easy frees (RoN and Skeet) +  McShane made a total balls of his goal chance  (wtf was he trying to do?) Add this to a lucky enough rebound out for the goal.....I'd say MH will take plenty of positives from the game.

Wildweasel74

He shouldnt be by his best; hes not playing a normal midfield role   as he plays deep sweeper and does not mark anyone;  an all star last year: poor game today though@ i thought the match up of Hampsey on McCarthy strange; Mattie Donnelly is not a wing player and needs accomodated down the centre

BennyHarp

Dublin render Colm's role ineffective so he's never going to have the same influence against them, so we need to use him more effectively. I would have liked to see him thrown in full forward for 5-10 mins before taking him off.
That was never a square ball!!

redzone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 21, 2018, 08:35:30 PM
Cluxton's radar gone haywire the last 10 minutes.
Yeah it just shows when u push up man to man and go at them (as Mayo proved time and again) then they are very vulnerable. He had nothing hit in the last 10 min

Gold

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2018, 09:59:02 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on July 21, 2018, 09:46:59 PM

His died black hair is cringe AF
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."