The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Apologies if this was covered already by how did the police get a hold of the whatsapp messages that the defendants sent each other the next day? Voluntarily or from whatsapp/mobile phone provider?

screenexile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2018, 08:25:19 PM
Quote from: caprea on February 01, 2018, 06:34:19 PM
Quote from: square_ball on February 01, 2018, 06:03:22 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2018, 05:18:17 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 01, 2018, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 01, 2018, 04:33:26 PM
Where are you getting twitter updates Screen?

It was on Ewan MacKenna's feed. . . please don't judge me!

Too late  :o

Off thread but Ewan is a very very angry man!

Fairly spot on and has been for a long time on GAA funding, absolutely nutters on his opinions on Mcgregor. Doesn't seem to care for people who are simply very good at sport.

Let's be frank he's an arsehole. But being arsehole doesn't make him wrong.

A stopped clock is right twice a day... if he writes enough negative articles about EVERYTHING he's bound to be right some of the time!

Syferus

Quote from: ballinaman on February 01, 2018, 09:02:41 PM
Apologies if this was covered already by how did the police get a hold of the whatsapp messages that the defendants sent each other the next day? Voluntarily or from whatsapp/mobile phone provider?

It's clear some couldn't be recovered which means the defendants deleted at least some of the messages, another sign that points very much in the direction of guilt. WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted so Facebook would have no access to message contents, but may have been able to provide login details for the defendants' accounts. Anyone in a given WhatsApp group would have the full chain of messages from that period.

seafoid

3 not even plastic paddies on the team and the captain being hounded by Mna na hEireann.
Truly these are momentous times.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rois

Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2018, 09:24:09 PM
the captain being hounded by Mna na hEireann.

Explain this to me now - mna amhain?

ballinaman

Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2018, 09:20:55 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 01, 2018, 09:02:41 PM

It's clear some couldn't be recovered which means the defendants deleted at least some of the message, another sign that points very much in the direction of guilt. WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted so Facebook would have no access to message contents, but may have been able to provide login details for the defendants' accounts. Anyone in a given WhatsApp group would have the full chain of messages from that period.
Cheers

seafoid

Quote from: Rois on February 01, 2018, 09:27:27 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 01, 2018, 09:24:09 PM
the captain being hounded by Mna na hEireann.

Explain this to me now - mna amhain?
It looks like #disgust was trending

Social media is very hard to "manage". It's a long way from Lansdowne Road.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40rorybest2&src=typd

Nora Calder‏ @NoraCalder ·

2 Ireland rugby stars in court for Rape.
What's app evidence.
'We're all top shaggers'
'like a merry-go round at a carnival'
'No joke, she was in hysterics. Wasn't going to end well.'
@IrishRugby captain @RoryBest2 supported his mates in court as the girl testified
#Intimidation

Conor Mac Allister‏ @conorthomas89 ·

@RoryBest2 @SafeShaft @ActonHouseFarm

Did the defence team thank you for turning up yesterday? Nothing like a few high profile mates to intimidate an already fearful girl

Alison Duhan‏ @AlisonDuhan ·

Disgusted at @IrishRugby Captain @RoryBest2 and @HendersonIain attending the rape trial of their Ulster teammates today. This is Ireland's version of the #BrockTurner case in the US.

David Whelan‏ @dpawhelan ·

@Conor32Ryan @sha_byrne12

The message I took from this is that @IrishRugby supports them whether their guilty or not #rapeculture

jo‏ @bigred_joe ·

@RoryBest2 @SafeShaft @ActonHouseFarm

Attending the court case yesterday puts you right up there with @DonalOgC and @DavidWalshST when they're publicly supported a rapist/paedophile.

Michael Kinahan‏ @mickkinahan ·

The Irish Captain had no place at Rape trial supporting "the lads" It will be a very sad end to the @IrishRugby captaincy for @RoryBest2

Hugely disappointing

Rebecca Halliday‏ @beckhalliday ·

V. Disturbed by what I'm hearing in the case against #paddyjackson & friends. Even if they ARE found innocent referring to women as a "merry-go-round" and a "spit-roast" is vile. @IrishRugby, @UlsterRugby and @RoryBest2 are foolish to be seen supporting this. Sends the wrong msg!

@KevBeirne   

Really, really disappointed that Joe Schmidt and @IrishRugby didn't even have the decency to offer a comment on @RoryBest2 and Iain Henderson attending the Jackson/Olding rape trial. Cowardly.

EricHennellyFlanagan‏ @EricHFlanagan · 

Disgusted at @RoryBest2 and @HendersonIain attending a trial of alleged rape.
They and @IrishRugby needs to take a long hard look at what message that sends out to young men and women across the country. Really sickened by it."

Not ideal.

Syferus

I'd be more concerned about the image it reflects on the jurors than the girl. If any of them have caveman mentalities the frat boys sticking by them may impact how they judge the evidence.

caprea

https://twitter.com/emmacashin2006/status/959176324576407553?s=17

So looks like they had a couple of different stories over time as well as deleted messages

Syferus

Quote from: caprea on February 01, 2018, 09:54:47 PM
https://twitter.com/emmacashin2006/status/959176324576407553?s=17

So looks like they had a couple of different stories over time as well as deleted messages

These are the things those who are choosing to not believe the victim's story are conveniently ignoring.

The actual evidence to suggest something horrible happened is overwhelming and the defendents' own actions after the fact are the clincher for anyone who has read what's came out.

I'm waiting for the victim-blaming segement of the trial to begin when the high-priced mercenaries Jackson and Olding's IRFU money has bought them try desperately to character assassinate the victim. Like clockwork we will be told the woman was drunk, is sexually promiscuous and it will be hinted that she is somehow putting herself through this ordeal is for attention, money or notoriety. That anyone could even imagine she'd be lying is incredible and an insult to what she's endured and is going to have to endure for the rest of her life for having the guts to come forward.

The victim is very brave to take on both the ingrained victim-blaming rape culture that exists and the rugby fraternity on top of it.

caprea

And I'll just say that I thought ched Evans should always have been found not guilty although it was a complex case.

But this trial my friends is a horse of a very different colour.

Maybe there is some astounding evidence for the defence we are yet to hear but unless we hear it the only hope those ulster boys have is a jury of dubious personal beliefs

seafoid

Matthew of Suburbia‏ @Dreno95 · 49 min

Actually the case was thrown out until some form of media was uncovered (possibly the txts) and that's why it's going to trial. I heard something about a video too but the prosecution are holding on to what they will use until the right moment.

Syferus

The texts are what removes a lot of the he-said-she-said stuff most defence solicitors use to get rapists off these charges. Thank God for social media.

Milltown Row2

Why wait 2 days before going to police and then forget someone (a woman) came into the room when it was all happening? She'd have been the first person you'd have in your prosecution team, her evidence and those others at the house should nail them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Have seen some shitty behaviour, but nothing in the "beyond reasonable doubt" category yet.