Attention OWCers

Started by gallsman, August 08, 2008, 12:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

I've always had time for you on this board and whilst not always agreeing with you opinions on certain matters, I have at least tried to understand your perspective and have been more than happy to engage in reasoned debate. On top of that, I've frequently defended you in Fearon's crusading threads.

Reading a thread on OWC yesterday, I decided to post for the first time in a long, long time. The thread was about the sight of Northern Ireland tops popping up in unexpected places such as Ballymurphy and Twinbrook. Everything was nice and dandy and people mentioned that GAA tops could also be seen in unexpected places these days and that hoefully this was a sign that times really are changing. However, some tosspot from Cregagh decided to mention that he found it "repulsing" (sic) to see people living near him wearing GAA tops. This statement was widely condemned as it was generally interpreted that what you man was trying to say was "I don't want any taigs living near me", a viewpoint reinforced by his later statement "so what if a am a biggot" (again, sic, he wasn't that bright). However, one of your moderators/admins, Sickboy, decided to weigh into the debate and mention that due to hs family history in the troubles he too found the sight of GAA tops "repulsing" as the first thing he thought of were clubs named after convicted IRA/INLA men such as Kevin Lynch. However he went on to attempt to score cheap political points by bringing in issues such as Sinn Fein, and somehow, the current issue of teen suicide in places like Ballymurphy and Ardoyne.

I pulled him on this immediately (I doubt he even knows as his post was over a year ago) and pointed out that it was cheap, sickening and disgraceful to drag an issue such as teen suicide into the equation. Of course, the usual dismissal of my post as some sort of "mock indignation" or "feigned concern" arrived quickly enough, and then the topic got dragged into a GAA vs. IFA, "we endorse terrorism/we don't debate". My points and rebuttals were made both politely and articulately, and I was addressing everyone's question in turn, and was happy to continue to do so. However I decided that it would be wise to point out (due to the minority of mouthpieces on the OWC board who would have no interest in debate, but merely give me abuse or call me "IRA supporting scum") that any sort of personal abuse directed against me or my close associates would be taken very seriously. BANG! In comes your Commander-In-Chief and asks me was I making a threat agaisnt the board. I believe my response was something along the lines of "I'd call it friendly advice" and that I thought the days of anyone dissenting getting slapped with an immediate ban were over. Apparently not, as my account has been temporarily suspended and I won't be free to continue the discussion untilm oh let's see, the 5th of may, 2011....

Clear, concise and articulate. Free of point scoring or abuse. Yet I still get banned? Like I said, I thought those days were over. I had grudging respect for certain OWC posters who stay away from this board, but alas no more. A shocking display of intolerance. I really hope this isn't a view shared by the majority of the "other side".

T Fearon

Having read my "crusading threads" it is with great pleasure that I now say, I told you so.

nifan

Just read that "wazza"s comments - what a complete tube.

Tony your only a bit better, and thats cos your spelling in slightly better.

full back

Fearon is a sh1te stirrer, but he doesnt quite go as far as some of your OWCers

nifan

Well I doubt wazza will ever have the intelligence prerequisite to start a shit stirring campaign by writing letters or phoning radio shows with outright lies.

full back

f**king typical nifan
Instead of just coming out & saying what a w4nker he is for saying that you have  to get a 'but' in somewhere  ::)

nifan

I didnt get a but in.
I said hes a complete tube.

You said that tony wasnt as bad - i think the fact his winding up goes as far as this self proclaimed media campaign is ridiculous.

I only brought tony into it as he referenced his crusading threads - highlighting his own brand of bigotry.

An Fear Rua

Which topic/thread are these comments in?
Its Grim up North

lynchbhoy

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 09:18:53 AM
f**king typical nifan
Instead of just coming out & saying what a w4nker he is for saying that you have  to get a 'but' in somewhere  ::)

thats two 'I told you so's ' here
firstly the agreement with Tony on the owni brigade's lack of desire to integrate and move forwards in society
secondly the nifans pechant for trying to 'equalise' any thing that shows up his comrades in a poor light

typical

gallsman - your intent was noble and reflects a lot of modern day nationalist/Irish peoples ideal of creating a decent society through integration, dialogue and interaction !
However, the mindset of these people is set in stone it seems. there are a few who are like minded, but unfortunately they are still outnumbered. Their next generation will hopefully be ready for the 21st century !

Aerlik

Lads, lads, cornered rats I tell you.   Make one move on Our wee cesspit's site and they'll be on top of you like a numerator on a denominator.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

nifan

lynchboy your full of shit

I said the guy was an idiot
I happen to find tony an idiot too - his campaign against anything ni related.

Your constant commenting on me is getting tedious, especially when you make comments in the other thread and refuse to follow them up.
I dont need your permission to post and your cod psychology is a joke.
I am not a bigot or sectarian despite your claim to the contrary.

full back

Thats what I was trying to say Lynchboy - nifan was trying to equalise as usual
Would you have posted on the thread if Fearon hadnt posted?

nifan

I would have actually.
Gallsman had pm'd me on the issue so I had already had a look at the thread in question and was going to comment.

I stated my opinion of wazza. My opinion of tony has been stated before. I wouldnt have mentioned tony at all if he hadnt posted his smug response.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: full back on August 08, 2008, 09:45:04 AM
Thats what I was trying to say Lynchboy - nifan was trying to equalise as usual
Would you have posted on the thread if Fearon hadnt posted?
Thats what I occassionally point out on threads, the repetition just eventually peed me off so when I feellike it, I just point this out.
However, I am apparantly at fault and wrong for doing so.

I also aparantly have to respond whenever asked ?

Some are still living in (or wishing for) the good old overlording days !   :D

how can we ever get them to integrate with attitude and forked tonges like that (yet clear consciences in their own minds !)
:D

(wait till you see them all rushing in now to defend each other!)

full back

So, lets try and make your feelings known on the thread in question & on gallsman getting banned without trying to equalise.......