Stefan Campbell signs for Lurgan Celtic

Started by T Fearon, August 31, 2017, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Zulu on December 17, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 17, 2017, 06:30:45 PM
Association football and our own Gaelic football. Soccer you call it if you are American as they have their own football.

Or soccer if you're Irish.

Or football if you're Irish.

nrico2006

Irish people calling football soccer gets on my goat.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Some will call it soccer on here to save any confusion. Soccer is only a nickname and Irish people that doesn't have any interest in the sport calls it nothing but soccer.

BennyCake

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 17, 2017, 07:54:20 PM
Some will call it soccer on here to save any confusion. Soccer is only a nickname and Irish people that doesn't have any interest in the sport calls it nothing but soccer.

Not true. Soccer men like Giles, Dunphy, Brady etc all call it soccer regularly.

tonto1888

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on December 17, 2017, 06:38:38 PM
Are there any Cross players on the panel this. From what I've read, it looks like they have all opted out.

It doesn't look like it tho I'm sure BCB would know for sure

Cunny Funt

Quote from: BennyCake on December 17, 2017, 08:21:06 PM

Not true. Soccer men like Giles, Dunphy, Brady etc all call it soccer regularly.
They are football men that may occasionally call it soccer. What did i say that wasn't true?.

1) that some will call it soccer on here to save any confusion
2) that soccer is a nickname for the sport
3) Those that doesn't have any interest in the sport calls it nothing but soccer

Ethan Tremblay

Armagh will struggle for scores this year now that him and Clarke are out.  Going to be a short year me thinks!

Its ground ball btw!
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Zulu

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 17, 2017, 09:05:51 PM

They are football men that may occasionally call it soccer. What did i say that wasn't true?.

3) Those that doesn't have any interest in the sport calls it nothing but soccer

Don't know any Irish people that aren't very big into LOI that call soccer football. It's nothing to do with avoiding confusion, being a nickname or not having an interest in the sport, they just call it what it is known as by most people in Ireland, soccer.

BennyCake

"Football".

Also, those that are interested in soccer, call it nothing but soccer too.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: BennyCake on December 17, 2017, 09:23:53 PM

"Football".

The game is called "Football" i didn't say anything wrong there. Yes plenty that have interest in the sport call it soccer also but even those calling it soccer the majority of them still know the true name of the sport is called football.

seafoid

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 17, 2017, 09:44:16 PM

"Football".

The game is called "Football" i didn't anything wrong there. Yes plenty that have interest in the sport call it soccer also but even those calling it soccer the majority of them still know the true name of the sport is called football.
Association football
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Zulu on December 17, 2017, 06:48:02 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 17, 2017, 06:30:45 PM
Association football and our own Gaelic football. Soccer you call it if you are American as they have their own football.

Or soccer if you're Irish.

FAI = Football Association of Ireland. Maybe someone in Ireland should tell John Delaney and Co to change that football bit to soccer.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2017, 09:48:44 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 17, 2017, 09:44:16 PM

"Football".

The game is called "Football" i didn't anything wrong there. Yes plenty that have interest in the sport call it soccer also but even those calling it soccer the majority of them still know the true name of the sport is called football.
Association football
Thats the full name yes. Soccer is a nickname.

Rossfan

Some right west Brits among the Nordies here.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LooseCannon

Can this thread be locked please?

It's about as useful as a chocolate teapot