The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on December 28, 2017, 06:40:51 PM
Neil McGuinness (among many positive things):

"I notice at times that he can switch off when the game is comfortable. That has been his biggest problem."

Like a glove.  ;D

At least there will be no bedding in period.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on December 28, 2017, 06:40:51 PM
Neil McGuinness (among many positive things):

"I notice at times that he can switch off when the game is comfortable. That has been his biggest problem."

Like a glove.  ;D

Instant Liverpool player
just add water😀
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

gawa316

Sure the game is won, what's the worst that will happen?!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 27, 2017, 10:09:53 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 27, 2017, 06:08:32 PM
Sure that cant be right. StGalls said he was going to Manchester sure.

Oh dear!   LFC didn't really learn from the Andy Carroll episode did they?     Once again, like the dole family winning the lottery,  they can't wait to get the Coutinho money spent even before the cheque arrives just to show everyone else they are part of the big league and can "outbid" even City!  😁  £75m would've gone a long way to sorting out defence and GK.  But no....blowing the budget on making a statement of intent is much more important! 😉

Poor cub is fuming  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Milltown Row2

I think Utd fans interest in this particular signing is the hypocrisy of some Liverpool fans saying Utd paid over the odds for players.. how anyone can't actually see that instead of dancing round it is more amusing...

Buying one player and selling your best won't win the league... I hope he lives up to the hype
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armamike

What is a fair price for any player? Who sets this acceptable figure?  To Liverpool Van Dijk is worth 75 million based on their needs. Other clubs with less pressing priorities in that part of the pitch might not value him the same.  If he's a success and tightens up the defence he'll be worth that money and more to Liverpool.  The market works both ways for clubs anyway.  Liverpool will benefit the other way if/when Coutinho is sold. 

Every signing carries a risk.  But Klopp's record with signings so far at Liverpool is pretty good and  based on that i'd wager Van Dijk will do well.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armamike on December 28, 2017, 10:43:27 PM
What is a fair price for any player? Who sets this acceptable figure?  To Liverpool Van Dijk is worth 75 million based on their needs. Other clubs with less pressing priorities in that part of the pitch might not value him the same.  If he's a success and tightens up the defence he'll be worth that money and more to Liverpool.  The market works both ways for clubs anyway.  Liverpool will benefit the other way if/when Coutinho is sold. 

Every signing carries a risk.  But Klopp's record with signings so far at Liverpool is pretty good and  based on that i'd wager Van Dijk will do well.

So based on his record of good signings he should do well on the pitch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Ah there he is ..... Mr f**king Boring

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 28, 2017, 11:54:45 PM
Ah there he is ..... Mr f**king Boring

Christ you take it thick... wind your neck in. Look at this site for what it is, a medium for people to debate, wind up, take piss out of and have a laugh.. whether Utd Liverpool or City win the next 20 titles will it actually have any bearing on your life?

Chill out and calm down, Shankly was completely wrong when he said it was more important than life and death.. it's a bunch of whimps kicking a piece of leather around and getting millions for it..

And by the way I actually hope Liverpool win it soon, I've backed them every year for past ten years!

gawa316

GJL

Jeysus but this Salah man is unstoppable.  ???

From the Bunker

always felt we'd get two in the second half! Fear was Leicester would get one!

Good win!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on December 30, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Hard fought for 3 points but fully deserved in the end.
On a decent run now.

Unbeaten in 15 games...too many silly draws.

laoislad

Great tackle by Roberston near the end.
No way Moreno would have even been near the player to make a tackle had he been playing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Nice to come back from a losing position for once...read somewhere it was 2014 the last time we were losinh at halftime and won!