PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

My problem with Taylor wasn't that he was a bad loser, it was that he was frequently a terrible winner.

Boycey

The point I'd be making is that I don't really care whether Taylor or any other sports star for that matter is a good/bad winner/loser it's what they do at their sport that defines them and sets them apart. The other stuff is superfluous and only comes relevant if you let it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2018, 11:25:39 AM
Written by a 25 year old 'freelance' journo who writes clickbait pieces for the Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail and Paddy Power, enough said..

Taylor indeed could be a right knob at times but his overall legacy will be his sheer domination of his sport over a substantial period. He also suffers from the well established begrudgery syndrome that is so popular in this part of the world the more you win the more people dislike you..
It's easy to dislike someone when they are dislikeable.

Syferus

Rodger Federer isn't perfect either but he shows you can be the GoAT in a major sport and not be a total ass. Anyone who defends Taylor and doesn't admit his behaviour taints his legacy has a purposeful blind spot for his many misdeeds on stage and verifiably off it.

To say the fact he's a convicted sex offender "only comes into it if you let it" is an incredible statement in itself Boycey. It comes into it for any right-minded human being.

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on January 03, 2018, 02:26:54 PM
Rodger Federer isn't perfect either but he shows you can be the GoAT in a major sport and not be a total ass. Anyone who defends Taylor and doesn't admit his behaviour taints his legacy has a purposeful blind spot for his many misdeeds on stage and verifiably off it.

To say the fact he's a convicted sex offender "only comes into it if you let it" is an incredible statement in itself Boycey. It comes into it for any right-minded human being.

Jesus lad that's some leap from what I actually said.

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2018, 02:35:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 03, 2018, 02:26:54 PM

Jesus lad that's some leap from what I actually said.

You said it, not me.

trileacman

Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2018, 12:23:26 PM
The point I'd be making is that I don't really care whether Taylor or any other sports star for that matter is a good/bad winner/loser it's what they do at their sport that defines them and sets them apart. The other stuff is superfluous and only comes relevant if you let it.

So i suppose you'd say that Suaez is one the best players english football has ever seen?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Franko

You're over thinking this one lads.

Smashing darts player, bit of a cnut.

End of story.

trileacman

Quote from: Franko on January 04, 2018, 12:55:59 AM

End of story.

Only Boycey is overthinking it. We can all agree he's a successful cuunt. Only Boycey thinks that winning excuses his cuntishness.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

AZOffaly

End of story.

Exactly.  Best I've seen at putting the boot in when a lad misses a double or has a poor turn.

His behaviour on and off stage would make you want to kick him up the hole 

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 04, 2018, 12:10:01 PM

End of story.

Exactly.  Best I've seen at putting the boot in when a lad misses a double or has a poor turn.

His behaviour on and off stage would make you want to kick him up the hole
And peg a few darts at him as well.  ;D ;D ;D

AZOffaly

Very enjoyable 1st game in the BDO. Mark McGeeney beat Wolfie Adams. McGeeney obviously very Irish. From Coventry but wears a tricolour on his collar.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 06, 2018, 02:35:36 PM
Very enjoyable 1st game in the BDO. Mark McGeeney beat Wolfie Adams. McGeeney obviously very Irish. From Coventry but wears a tricolour on his collar.

I'm amazed at how much of a cliff Adams seems to have fell off in recent years. At one stage he would have been more than competitive in the PDC but now he can't even beat random lads in a BDO where the standard is lower and lower every year.

We missed out on some great Taylor-Adams games because of the split. Manley-Hankey would have been some pairing in their pomp too.

AZOffaly

There's a good game on at the moment with two young lads. I wonder is the BDO also getting an influx.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 06, 2018, 02:59:37 PM
There's a good game on at the moment with two young lads. I wonder is the BDO also getting an influx.

They have copped on a little with tv deals in recent years but the horse had already long since bolted. The PDC is producing its own young talent independent of the BDO these days, the best thing that could have happened was if they'd accepted Hearn's buyout a few years back and became a feeder for the PDC circuit. The Lakeside has such great significance to darts that a proper PDC-produced major in an intimate venue (akin to the Circus Tavern) would be really special.