PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 23, 2017, 09:10:24 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on December 23, 2017, 08:43:16 PM
Justin pipe is gonna gets dogs abuse from the crowd in this one after the coughing incident in the last round.
Was really enjoying Pipe's antics. Pity he missed those darts to take the set. Was really getting under Taylor's skin.
Was really enjoying himself and didn't seem to give a shite that he lost.

bennydorano

Thought Mardle did a bit of a Paisley 'Grand old Duke of York' routine with Pipe, get the snowball rolling & gtf outa the way. Can't be nice for Pipe at the minute.

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on December 24, 2017, 05:51:32 PM
Thought Mardle did a bit of a Paisley 'Grand old Duke of York' routine with Pipe, get the snowball rolling & gtf outa the way. Can't be nice for Pipe at the minute.

Nonsense. He called it as it happened. Why you'd expect him not to is beyond me.

You do the crime you do the time. The actual act was scum, Mardle commenting on it certainly wasn't the part of it all to be getting upset about.

Pipe wasn't likeable even before that incident.

Boycey

I saw Pipes interview with the German guy last night, it came across as feasible enough what he said. I'd like to hear the other guy Bernie Smiths take on it too. Either way I'm not sure Wayne Mardle is qualified to be judge and jury on the situation.

Syferus

Quote from: Boycey on December 24, 2017, 07:47:27 PM
I saw Pipes interview with the German guy last night, it came across as feasible enough what he said. I'd like to hear the other guy Bernie Smiths take on it too. Either way I'm not sure Wayne Mardle is qualified to be judge and jury on the situation.

He walked closer to him and timed a cough when his opponent was throwing for the match. Anyone trying to make out there's leeway for any other interpretation really is doing some serious samba moves to clear all the mental hurdles.

Boycey

The video evidence does look pretty bad, but maybe he stood there every time the other fella played, maybe there was no sound from the cough he made. I'd like to be in possession of all the facts before some fellas career is ruined. If he is vindicated at the end of it how many people will remember? He'll always be the guy who cheated at the World Championship rightly or wrongly..

Asal Mor

Well said Boycey. Mardle is jumping to conclusions in a most unfair way. Pipe is saying on twitter that there was no sound, he says he stifled the cough. Bernie Smith never reacted and didn't have any issue as far as I'm aware. Mardle wasn't a sporting player himself. Often saw him gesturing to the crowd to make more noise while his opponent was throwing. Of course that was just him being "a flamboyant character". He was such a shite player he had to try something I suppose.

bennydorano

Mardle's entitled to his opinion but it doesn't mean he's right. His actions look way OTT the further from the event we get.

In this era of change like the wind social media storms Mardle could end up in more bother than Pipe. Pipe has said he and his family have received abuse.

Syferus

There was nothing over the top pointing out the obvious. You're on a loser trying to rake him over the coals for it. A pundit that could watch what happened and give a mealy-mouthed take like you seem to have wanted has no purpose being a pundit in the first place.

bennydorano

Being a hyperbolic gobshite is par for the course with some Sky commentators and Mardle is particularly awful, not surprised you buy it.

Syferus

Quote from: bennydorano on December 24, 2017, 10:53:41 PM
Being a hyperbolic gobshite is par for the course with some Sky commentators and Mardle is particularly awful, not surprised you buy it.

Pipe did exactly what Mardle said he did. Case closed.

bennydorano

http://www.live-darts.com/category/darts-interviews/pipe-hits-back-at-mardle-over-coughgate-20171224-0002/

Justin Pipe has hit back at an "out of order" Wayne Mardle following his comments on the coughing controversy which shrouded Pipe's World Championship campaign.

Pipe found himself at the centre of an alleged cheating scandal after footage emerged of him appearing to cough while his First Round opponent- Bernie Smith - was throwing for a match double.

New Zealand's Smith subsequently missed the double and went on to lose the match in a tie break seat, with Pipe setting up a Second Round glamour tie against Phil Taylor.

Pipe was eventually whitewashed 4-0 at the hands of the 16-time World Champion on Sunday and was subjected to a torrent of abuse from the Alexandra Palace crowd for the duration of the contest.

The Taunton thrower has vigorously denied the allegations and has responded angrily to comments made by Sky Sports analyst Mardle - who branded Pipe's actions as "desperate" and "despicable".

"It's been very hard," said Pipe, speaking to the PDC's Dan Dawson. "I've kept my mouth shut.

"It's very hard to look back at two and a half thousand people and say: 'I've got proof that Bernie heard nothing and I didn't cough.'

"I've been verbally attacked and abused, and my family's come in for it as well.

"Mardle's bang out of order for me.

"It's totally wrong, you do not jump to the conclusion that somebody has heard something when they haven't.

"Bernie Smith didn't hear anything, I held that cough back, I did not hide my body movements.

"Wayne Mardle could not wait to jump onto that and he's bang out of order."

Mardle also called for DRA (Darts Regulatory Authority) to take disciplinary action, and PDC Chairman Barry Hearn confirmed on Twitter that the incident had been referred the sport's governing body.

Pipe admits he can understand how the incident could have come across on television, but believes it has been blown out of proportion.

"It looks awful and I said that to my wife and my children," he added.

"But there's no noise. It actually hurt me a little bit to hold it back, just like you do when you're driving down the road and you've got a sneeze.

"I've been playing darts on TV for ten years, I know where the cameras are, the stage is mic'd up, there's people with mics on and nobody heard anything.

"I'm going to go on Twitter, which is pretty much a tool for hatred, and post the pictures of Bernie's message to me that say: 'I didn't hear anything, bro.'

"The haters will hate. I don't care about Wayne Mardle fans, they don't bother me.

"My family and my genuine fans will know, the PDC and everyone involved knows that I did nothing and that's all that matters to me."

Pipe received £18,500 for his run to the Second Round, but could be faced with a sizable fine if he is to be found guilty of bringing the sport into disrepute.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Syferus on December 24, 2017, 11:23:54 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 24, 2017, 10:53:41 PM

Pipe did exactly what Mardle said he did. Case closed.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare