Parcel Motel

Started by laoislad, December 20, 2013, 10:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Has anyone ever used this service? Are they reliable ?

I ordered an Ipad last week and set up a parcel motel account to have it delivered to.
I used the Nordie parcel motel address as it was free postage inside the UK.
I think then they are suppose to deliver it to the nearest parcel motel near me?
The tracking number is saying it's delivered but I still haven't heard anything from parcel motel.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Used it recently (in the last week) to get a phone from England. I presume you put the PMID on the address label? How it worked for me is that I had set up a credit card with them so they deducted the €3.50 from my account. They had it delivered to the depot in Waterford and into the 'motel' by noon the following day and texted me a PIN so I could open the box. It all happens automatically, they don't ask you to confirm anything.

laoislad

Quote from: deiseach on December 20, 2013, 10:27:39 AM
Used it recently (in the last week) to get a phone from England. I presume you put the PMID on the address label? How it worked for me is that I had set up a credit card with them so they deducted the €3.50 from my account. They had it delivered to the depot in Waterford and into the 'motel' by noon the following day and texted me a PIN so I could open the box. It all happens automatically, they don't ask you to confirm anything.

Yeah I used the PMID.
It's just that when I go into the tracking it saying Delivered.
Maybe that's delivered to Antrim and they still have to drop it down to Dublin.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2013, 10:31:00 AM
Yeah I used the PMID.
It's just that when I go into the tracking it saying Delivered.
Maybe that's delivered to Antrim and they still have to drop it down to Dublin.

I think Delivered means it's in the box. If you click directly on the tracking number (PRCLXXX) for your item it should tell you where it is.

laoislad

I'm on my phone and can't access the page now for some reason.
I thought I'd get a text like you did saying it's in the motel with a pin code to open the box.

I'm thinking it's probably after being delivered to their depot in Antrim and is on it's way down.Hopefully....

Mayo4Sam

they would have asked you which PM you wanted it delivered to.
Go to that and theres a touch screen that will ask you for you're reference number and then text you a code which opens your box

parcel motel is the business
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2013, 10:43:44 AM
I thought I'd get a text like you did saying it's in the motel and a pin to open the box.

I'm thinking it's probably after being delivered to their depot in Antrim and is on it's way down.Hopefully....

Its definitely not in antrim, its at the depot you specified

deiseach

You should have received a PIN. I think you can get one re-sent using the screen at the depot. The FAQ doesn't say what to do if you don't get your PIN.

laoislad

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 20, 2013, 10:44:35 AM
I thought I'd get a text like you did saying it's in the motel and a pin to open the box.

I got it sent to the North as to avail of free postage inside the UK.
There is an option for you to do this on the website.
What is suppose to happen then I thought,was they deliver it to the PM that I choose when registering via their depot up North.

I'm hoping I don't have to drive to the North! I will have to get Tony Baloney on the case for me up there!

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on December 20, 2013, 10:55:15 AM
What is suppose to happen then I thought,was they deliver it to the PM that I choose when registering via their depot up North.

I'm hoping I don't have to drive to the North! I will have to get Tony Baloney on the case for me up there!

Absolutely not. It's almost certainly in the local motel you specified when you first signed up. All you need is the PIN so you can open the box - it's pleasingly space-age, the way the box with your package opens up!

Mayo4Sam

You used the NI address alright but you'd also have been asked for your local PM, do you remember which one you picked?

Tony Baloney

I fancied an auld iPad too. Cheers Laoislad you're a kindly cratur.

laoislad

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on December 20, 2013, 11:31:39 AM

You used the NI address alright but you'd also have been asked for your local PM, do you remember which one you picked?

The Texaco station on the N4 at Lucan,the one beside the Foxhunter Pub.
I'll check it tonight on my way home.

deiseach

laoislad

Not yet. It was in Antrim alright.
Tracking now saying in transit so I would guess I should have it by Monday.