Laois v Donegal

Started by laoislad, July 21, 2013, 11:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

Jimmy made his lads go to bed without warm milk tonight.

Laois 0-8 Donegal 2-19
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Maybe Longford for this one, or Kingspan?

Syferus

Quote from: Aaron Boone on July 21, 2013, 11:43:14 PM
Maybe Longford for this one, or Kingspan?

DR HYDE PARK. ROSCOMMON TOWN. ROSCOMMON.

Can't be playing this in Leinster and giving Laois an unfair advantage.

laoislad

Wouldn't be the first time we knocked out defending All Ireland Champs if we were to bate Donegal.
We handed Tyrone back their Nordie arses on a plate back in 06

Time to let Billy out of his cage again.

Wildweasel74

not be much in this one

sam03/05

Laois are complete shite.

Donegal will win by 10 points plus

Syferus

The whole Kevin Cassidy incident is finally coming back around and biting Jim on the ass. License to gloat granted.

J70

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2013, 12:56:29 AM
The whole Kevin Cassidy incident is finally coming back around and biting Jim on the ass. License to gloat granted.

You'll have to explain the connection between Kevin Cassidy and today's result.

J70

It will be interesting to see how many Donegal people travel for this.

Our fans have been out in their multitudes for the good days, and would have been for the quarter final, had we won today. Will they make the effort now the team, who gave the county such a massive lift over the past two years, needs their support?

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on July 22, 2013, 02:18:14 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2013, 12:56:29 AM

You'll have to explain the connection between Kevin Cassidy and today's result.

He's not going to solve all Donegal's problems but the lack of depth in Donegal's panel was exposed badly today. Everyone was crowing last year about how Jim dropped Cassidy and Donegal didn't skip a beat but they had a remarkable run of fitness in the business end of the season. Now that some holes are starting to form the lack of one of the county's best backs is hurting them.

Would Cassidy have helped sort out the soft spine of the Donegal defence today over a clearly not match-fit Lacey, be it replacing him directly or moving Lacey to a less essential area of the field? Almost certainly.

This isn't a wail on Jimmy thing, I have huge respect for him and expect Donegal to respond to loss in typical McGuiness fashion, but it does appear to have been folly to drop such a good player from such a shallow panel and on a decision that has contributed to their loss to Monaghan.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Quote from: sam03/05 on July 22, 2013, 12:33:43 AM

No way bucko are laois shite...
this will be tight.

laoislad

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on July 22, 2013, 03:44:07 AM
Quote from: sam03/05 on July 22, 2013, 12:33:43 AM

No way bucko are laois shite...
this will be tight.

People never learn. The same one's who won't give Laois a chance will probably be the same fellas who didn't give Monaghan a hope.
In saying that though you have to be realistic. Donegal are All Ireland Champions and if they play to their full potential they should have too much for Laois.
It will take a mammoth effort from Laois and I hope they give it their all because on their day Laois can be very good but unfortunately with Laois they can also decide to not turn up and I would fear for them if that happens.

Laois shouldn't be afraid of Donegal. We beat them in the league last year and were unlucky against them in league final the year before and I think we also beat them in league that year.
We have a good record in the qualifiers as well and have good momentum going into this game.
I do think Donegal will win but I wouldn't see it as the David v Goliath game that some will make it out to be.

ck

I'd love to see Laois win this one but can't see it. They seem to hover around, impress no-one, never really make a breakthrough but yet like a bad smell, lingering, lurking...
I can see a serious sting in the Donegal tail. It seems all part of the script!

Donegal were awful yesterday. How St.Jimmy couldnt see that Lacey wasnt fit is beyond me. He was the reason Monaghan went straight down the middle time after time.

Bingo

Loais by 57 points.

Donegal to drink 57 pints a man.