Gazza

Started by laoislad, February 04, 2013, 09:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The man is fecked.
Love him or hate him,but there is no doubt he was a fabulous footballer.
Shame to see such a talent waste away like this. Doubt he will be of this earth for much longer.

This video of him is sad. The yobs in the crowd cheering him on are as bad.
It's all self inflicted I know but still....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T2Tv-2CCqU8

At his best:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9p0ExBpqeY

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

EC Unique

Away to America today for intense treatment. Hope it sorts him out. I don't think many people would hate him.

ONeill

Jaysus that's a shocking video. I remember him telling Morgan he was on 16 lines of cocaine and four bottles of brandy a day at his worst.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

The man never grew up. He needed slapping 20 odd years ago. Maybe that would've helped. I can't find any sympathy in me for him to be honest. He was talented, earned more money than most of us wouldn't earn in a lifetime, had a great lifestyle.

People seemed to have bent over backwards to help him out, get him coaching roles, tv work etc, but he pissed them away. He was an adult, and is/was responsible for his own decisions. Yes it's sad to see anyone in that situation, but I don't have any sympathy for him.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2013, 09:38:40 PM
Jaysus that's a shocking video. I remember him telling Morgan he was on 16 lines of cocaine and four bottles of brandy a day at his worst.
Couldn't watch it - 10 seconds max. An absolute mess. I don't think he can be fixed but he seems to be getting more chances than your average Joe.

Apparently so

f**k him. He`s a hateful, wife beating sc**bag bastard

Dougal Maguire

Wouldn't have a pile of time for him myself
Careful now

spuds

That's quite disturbing to watch. Some harsh comments here, not very compassionate. Man in free-fall.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2013, 09:38:40 PM
Not in the same day? probably (with a high degree of certainty) 2 different examples of a worst day.

NAG1

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 05, 2013, 12:04:34 AM

Nor would I, biggest mistake he ever made, was picking Spurs over United, I would put good money on it that he would not be in the shape he is in now if he had of signed for Ferguson at that time. Maybe Im wrong but that move to London didnt help him in any sense.

seafoid

Beating a man when he is down is poor form, I think.
We all have our crosses to bear.

Shamrock Shore

He's a likeable gom apart from throwing a few slaps into the then missus.

He needs help - but if he is not willing to help himself then there is no hope and he will be dead or in a gutter in a few years.

I believe he is now in the States in rehab.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: NAG1 on February 05, 2013, 08:25:27 AM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 05, 2013, 12:04:34 AM

Nor would I, biggest mistake he ever made, was picking Spurs over United, I would put good money on it that he would not be in the shape he is in now if he had of signed for Ferguson at that time. Maybe Im wrong but that move to London didnt help him in any sense.
Possibly would have helped...but Slur Fergie couldn't help Paul McGrath so who knows. I don't think it would have mattered that much.

thewobbler

He was born with a self destruct button unfortunately. Similar to George Best in that regard, except Gascoigne's injuries never allowed him to peak as a player. In 1990/91 he was right up there with the best in the world. And then that tackle.

johnneycool

Quote from: thewobbler on February 05, 2013, 09:21:33 AM
He was born with a self destruct button unfortunately. Similar to George Best in that regard, except Gascoigne's injuries never allowed him to peak as a player. In 1990/91 he was right up there with the best in the world. And then that tackle.

His own doing as he went to bury Steve Hodge of Notts Forest and came off second best.

Gascoigne was talented, but immature and had money to burn at a very young age, he just couldn't handle it. He's not the first and won't be the last.