Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2016, 01:07:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 12:02:46 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2016, 11:41:11 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 26, 2016, 11:10:35 AM
If Labour & Liberals get themselves organised on a f**k brexit ticket the whole thing could be killed off before it starts.

Anyone see a problem with this scenario?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 11:17:36 AM
Christ if that happens what is seafoid going to post about? he'll lose a third of his posts!

While Brexit may be cancelled, I'd say this will run and run for a fair while yet.

Too be honest I really can't see it being stopped unfortunately and the fall outs since it was announced will take a few years to recover even if it was cancelled.... complete laughing stock!!

I'm talking about seafoid's contribution here  ;D
Would you care to put a tenner on it Milltown ?

Fiver is my limit tbh.... need to watch what i spend now considering the state of affairs round these parts! Xmas is cancelled already and the new kitchen will have to wait!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

The Irish Times - Wednesday, November 17, 2010
*****Channel-hopping offers explosive time and space perspective
NEWTON EMERSON
NEWTON'S OPTIC:
BBC News
We interrupt our report on wheelchair access at job centres to bring you some breaking news. Astronomers at Britain's Jodrell Bank observatory have detected an asteroid on a collision course with Earth. Initial projections suggest it will strike the Republic of Ireland in approximately 15 minutes.
RTÉ News
We interrupt our report on a cat stuck up a tree in Cabinteely to bring you some breaking news. The BBC is reporting a serious problem with wheelchair access at job centres. More on Six-One, but, meanwhile, back to Cabinteely.
BBC News
We have an update on that developing asteroid story, by which we mean the story is developing, not the asteroid. Astronomers confirm it will strike the Republic of Ireland in 13 minutes, causing widespread devastation. Shock waves are expected across Europe and EU leaders are meeting now in emergency session.
RTÉ News
And I'm sure we're all delighted to see Tiddles safely back on the ground. In other news, Government sources have reacted angrily to reports in London of an "astronomical problem" threatening Ireland.
The British media has a long history of anti-Irish reporting, as you can see from this 1865 cartoon of Mr Punch dropping a rock on "Poor Paddy".
BBC News
Further details on that asteroid. Jodrell Bank says it is five miles wide, travelling at 20,000mph and will hit Dublin in 10 minutes.
Scientists warn this is an "existential threat" to the Republic of Ireland, while linguists warn that "existential" should not be used as an adjective for "existence".
RTÉ News
The Government is denying reports of an existential threat to Ireland or a threat to the existence of Ireland.  RTÉ understands that several alarming statistics circulating in London have come from a British bank, which may well have its own reasons for speculating on Dublin's future.
BBC News
As the so-called "Paddy's Rock" passes lunar orbit, EU leaders have urged the Irish Government to recognise the gravity of the situation and seek urgent help.
RTÉ News
Government sources confirm they have spoken to EU leaders about an urgent situation, but only to complain that talk of "gravity" is not helping.
BBC News
With impact now minutes away, survival experts advise people to dig a hole in the softest ground available. Fortunately the Irish are good at digging holes in soft ground, as you can see from this 1865 cartoon of Mr Punch "watching Paddy stick his head in the bog".
RTÉ News
We interrupt these scurrilous rumours to bring you truly earth-shattering news. A man with a beard is moving from Belfast to Dundalk to look for work. Central Bank sources say this proves the recession is over.
BBC News
Our correspondent in Ireland reports that a shadow has now fallen over the whole country and people are fleeing the affected area, except for one man with a beard who appears to be fleeing in the opposite direction.
RTÉ News
In an exclusive angry phone call to our newsroom, a Government press officer has confirmed that he can see the light at the end of the tunnel. The light has appeared in the sky directly over Dublin, where it is glowing bright red and getting larger and larger by the . . .

DickyRock

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2016, 11:17:44 PM
Quote from: DickyRock on October 24, 2016, 11:12:07 PM
Belgian People are right on this. These agreements are bad.

Which bits do you particularly dislike Dicky?

TIPP & CETA have clauses that allowed international corps to challenge local gov policy's in international tribunals and also to skirt local laws. Don't think I'd take the benefits of free trade over protecting people and the planet.

muppet

Quote from: DickyRock on October 26, 2016, 07:32:54 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2016, 11:17:44 PM
Quote from: DickyRock on October 24, 2016, 11:12:07 PM
Belgian People are right on this. These agreements are bad.

Which bits do you particularly dislike Dicky?

TIPP & CETA have clauses that allowed international corps to challenge local gov policy's in international tribunals and also to skirt local laws. Don't think I'd take the benefits of free trade over protecting people and the planet.

Didn't know that.

Sounds a bit like the way bond holders can raise taxes in some cities/districts in The States to ensure they get their money back.

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 02:43:35 PM
If Labour & Liberals get themselves organised on a f**k brexit ticket the whole thing could be killed off before it starts.

Christ if that happens what is seafoid going to post about? he'll lose a third of his posts!

While Brexit may be cancelled, I'd say this will run and run for a fair while yet.

Too be honest I really can't see it being stopped unfortunately and the fall outs since it was announced will take a few years to recover even if it was cancelled.... complete laughing stock!!

Fiver is my limit tbh.... need to watch what i spend now considering the state of affairs round these parts! Xmas is cancelled already and the new kitchen will have to wait!
Fine. What timeline and how do you decide who wins?`

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2016, 08:35:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 02:43:35 PM

Fine. What timeline and how do you decide who wins?`

Well if I'm still earning and the company is still growing will that mean I win??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 09:59:23 PM
Well if I'm still earning and the company is still growing will that mean I win??

It just means you are a jammy Brexit dodger.

make sure you get a wage increases, prices are going up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2016, 10:13:41 PM

lucky in that the company increased growth through the last recession... we never know how things will pan out in the future, time will tell,  but I wouldn't have left my last job without knowing how well they performed during that time ..

I know prices will increase, they did before but levelled out and wages were increased (well they were in my last job) if a company is not directly dealing within the Euro market then that company should still have growth..

seafoid

MR it will have to be some economic stat like the UK economy growing by say 1% over the next year. I think Brexit will reduce the size of the economy. 

seafoid

http://www.ngahr.com/blog/brexit-impact-uk-legislation-and-hr-function

The Government, in the event of a Brexit vote, may try to repeal certain aspects of EU law. Likely targets are Working Time Regulations (WTR), Agency Workers Regulations and CRD IV (which relates to bankers' bonuses).

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 27, 2016, 07:34:34 AM

The Government, in the event of a Brexit vote, may try to repeal certain aspects of EU law. Likely targets are Working Time Regulations (WTR), Agency Workers Regulations and CRD IV (which relates to bankers' bonuses).

Could work out for the best depending on the law and job you work at

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2016, 08:27:11 AM

looks like a fox/henhouse situation. Never trust à junkie

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 27, 2016, 08:35:32 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2016, 08:27:11 AM

looks like a fox/henhouse situation. Never trust à junkie

Rather be a fox than a hen!

No wides

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2016, 10:23:01 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 26, 2016, 10:13:41 PM

lucky in that the company increased growth through the last recession... we never know how things will pan out in the future, time will tell,  but I wouldn't have left my last job without knowing how well they performed during that time ..

I know prices will increase, they did before but levelled out and wages were increased (well they were in my last job) if a company is not directly dealing within the Euro market then that company should still have growth..

Is that code for being made redundant!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2016, 10:54:22 PM
MR it will have to be some economic stat like the UK economy growing by say 1% over the next year. I think Brexit will reduce the size of the economy.

According to the news today youre a fiver down!