Leinster SFC

Started by Catch and Kick, May 18, 2017, 11:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Rossfan on May 19, 2017, 09:02:08 PM
I'm a NFL type supporter ;)
There will be little or no public interest and certainly no bandwagon rolling for these 3 games.
They're a bit like the early counts in an Election when the no hopes are being eliminated.

Sadly.........
the sad reality is none of these 6 teams have any chance of winning the all Ireland  the same as Roscommon

manfromdelmonte

Driving around Leinster and Connacht for the last two weeks - not one advertising for the championship on a billboard

Cunny Funt

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 20, 2017, 08:58:15 PM
Driving around Leinster and Connacht for the last two weeks - not one advertising for the championship on a billboard

The super 8 will be well advertised next summer throughout the country. A big money spinner for the men in grey suits at GAA HQ.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: laoislad on May 19, 2017, 09:54:16 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 19, 2017, 11:47:39 AM
I usually start Longford v threads but just couldn't get the motivation to do it this year.

Won't get to the game due to a prior commitment but Laois surely won't lie down here. I expect them to win handy.

Routine wins for Wexford and Louth as well.
Your prior commitment was a road trip to Portlaoise with laoislad...until you dumped me for your posh mates... >:(

Yes - you are right. It's unforgivable that I've stood you up for Vivaldi. But we'll meet again.......

Enjoy the match - I will be tuning in on Twitter during final rehearsals.

DandyMan

Unfortunately and I mean it, the structure of the championship is outdated and irrelevant, given the focus that teams with greater resources place on fitness levels and a professional approach to training and development of their teams. As a longstanding Dublin supporter even I am getting tired of the endless rounds of matches that lead up to the quarter finals, when the real action begins.

I cannot for the life of me see any motivation for players from the counties playing in the Leinster Championship games today to get up to the level of fitness required to simply keep teams like Dublin to a respectable score.

The solution has to be built around two sixteen-team leagues or four eight-team divisional structures based on performance. The league worked well this year with the four divisions. This means that teams get consistent games with teams of their own standard and can progress and develop to a higher division. In the championship we have outdated provincial systems that throw up meaningless and uncompetitive games and where there is little prospect of teams or players being able to progress.

We have four teams (maybe five) who are so far ahead of the rest that the present structure is unattractive and uncompetitive. It needs to change.

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 20, 2017, 08:58:15 PM

It's the 21st Century, J. Jonah Jameson.

laoislad

HT
Laois 2-10
Longford 0-07
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jinxy

Who has the breeze for the 2nd half?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Laois 4-11 Longford 0-9

Wicklow are only 2 points behind Louth

laoislad

Laois 4-11
Longford 0-09

seafoid

laoislad

FT
Laois 4-15
Longford 0-16

Dinny Breen

Murphy scores a screamer. Carlow win!!

Their reward Dublin live on Sky!
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Will that be played in Dr Netwatch Cullen Park?
If you were any use you'd be playing.