Passport Express

Started by Lazer, March 10, 2010, 10:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

Anyone know how much the passport express service for the Irish passports cost in sterling?

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

thebigfella

Sorry can't let this go, why the fcuk don't you google it yourself as clearly have access to the net  >:(

By the way it's 6 quid  ;)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Fees for Passport Express [Only in Ireland and UK]
Fees for applications made through the Passport Express Service should be paid to the Post Office in question. There is an additional processing fee for this service.  Please see the An Post website for these fees. 

£6.00
Per application in UK Post Office branches in Northern Ireland and Great Britain

If applying by Passport Express you pay the combined passport fee and the Post Office processing fee at the Post Office.  [The application form includes a section [section 1] where debit/credit card details may be entered. This does not apply to applications sent by Passport Express and should not be completed in such cases].
Tbc....

Lazer

I did google it, its the total price i'm looking which I couldn't find!

The Post office sets a price in sterling and doesn't change it based on the exchange rate.
My mum got the passport through passport express last year for £60 including the admin fee of £6.

That worked out cheaper than €75 for the normal service.

RMDrive

There's nothing express with current applications. Get them in early cause you could be waiting 3-4 weeks. It's the go-slow don't you know!

Ulick

Quote from: Lazer on March 10, 2010, 10:40:53 AM

The Post office sets a price in sterling and doesn't change it based on the exchange rate.
My mum got the passport through passport express last year for £60 including the admin fee of £6.

Shusshhh... don't let the 'Staters know the nordies get their passports for less than them. Next thing they'll be looking us to pay their tv license.

armaghniac

QuoteThere's nothing express with current applications. Get them in early cause you could be waiting 3-4 weeks. It's the go-slow don't you know!

True. They've abandoned the 10 day guarantee. I was away last week and had something of a close shave with the passport arriving in time.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Canalman

Varies on time of year. Last year sent mine off late Monday evening and was amazed to find it delivered when I got home on Thursday. January 2009.

Don't mean to be harsh but I have very little sympathy/ understanding for adults  who leave it to the very last minute to renew their passports. Wailing/ crying in the passport office on the morning of the flight........... just can't understand it.

Can understand if it is a kid's first application for a passport (just).

RogerMilla

comes much quicker if you previously held a GB one and have now decided you want to play for the boys in green  ;D

Lazer

I just sent the form away via the passport "express" and been told 3 - 5 weeks

GetOffThePitch

Quote from: Lazer on March 11, 2010, 01:04:06 PM
I just sent the form away via the "passport" express and been told 3 - 5 weeks

fire it into Curleys Post office. :)

i did it a coupla years back and it took just over a week. My ma got one very recently and had it back in days. I get the impression it's very much season related- you should still be OK now.  The express bit is that some preliminary checks are done before its actually submitted. You can also track its progress on the home office website i believe

TacadoirArdMhacha

This thread brings back good memories of ONL's passport "difficulties" a couple of summers ago.

RIP ONL
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RMDrive

Quote from: GetOffThePitch on March 11, 2010, 01:07:41 PM
Quote from: Lazer on March 11, 2010, 01:04:06 PM
I just sent the form away via the "passport" express and been told 3 - 5 weeks

fire it into Curleys Post office. :)

i did it a coupla years back and it took just over a week. My ma got one very recently and had it back in days. I get the impression it's very much season related- you should still be OK now.  The express bit is that some preliminary checks are done before its actually submitted. You can also track its progress on the home office website i believe

There's a union action that is delaying the process - nowt to do with seasonal effects.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Ulick on March 10, 2010, 11:08:45 AM
Quote from: Lazer on March 10, 2010, 10:40:53 AM

Shusshhh... don't let the 'Staters know the nordies get their passports for less than them. Next thing they'll be looking us to pay their tv license.

No worries, we get your British Broadcasting Corp. & Ulster t.v. for free  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Well back on planet Uniontopia in the Publicsectoris Nebula

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0326/pay.html

Standing ovation for Passport Office staff
listen Friday, 26 March 2010 12:27

Delegates at the Civil Public and Services Union conference in Galway have given a standing ovation to their colleagues in the Passport Office.

Workers in the Passport Office have been at the forefront of the industrial action over pay cuts.

Addressing the conference, General Secretary Blair Horan apologised to members of the public affected by the industrial action.
Advertisement

However, he said he would not apologise to anyone for the legitimate action they were taking.

'We take no pleasure in this industrial action, but we do it out of necessity to protect our already low living standards,' he said.

The dispute has led to a massive backlog of passport applications and created long queues outside the office earlier this week.

Mr Horan said that some members said they should have taken strike action, but he said that would have meant that no-one would have got a passport.

However, he made it clear that the action would continue until they got a settlement in the current talks that would be acceptable to lower paid workers.

He outlined figures showing that there had been a huge increase over the last ten years in the numbers of top civil servants, who had also done far better in terms of pay.

There was also criticism of the media for what was described as the coordinated demonising of public servants.

One delegate approached the media table and threw pieces of tissue at reporters, saying they should be ashamed of themselves.

However, another delegate approached the table and apologised for the conduct of his colleague.

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.