County Senior Hurling Championship Updates

Started by AZOffaly, October 04, 2016, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Thurles are an enigma!! Unfortunately they'll probably miss the bus with this team! And like teams in the past they have underachieved!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GaillimhIarthair

I wouldn't be too harsh on Thurles Sars on this occasion as Ballygunner are a very good side and would have fancied their chances below in Waterford.  Na Piarsaigh will be thereabouts also in the coming weeks - very competitive club champ in Munster this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on October 29, 2017, 08:09:13 PM
I wouldn't be too harsh on Thurles Sars on this occasion as Ballygunner are a very good side and would have fancied their chances below in Waterford.  Na Piarsaigh will be thereabouts also in the coming weeks - very competitive club champ in Munster this year.

Ballygunner yet to win also !! They have won the last four Waterford finals but yet to win Munster! They blew up last year!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

waterfordlad

It was a good game in good weather at Walsh Park yesterday. Ballygunner have underachieved in Munster club as well with only one title back in 2001 I think despite numerous county final wins. I thought when Thurles Sarsfields drew level to bring it to extra time they'd have the advantage with the Gunners playing for 7 weeks in a row but the Waterford champions got the last two points to deservedly win. Padraic Maher got some great scores and was a great leader but him and Thurles keeper at fault for the goal from Mahony's free.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: waterfordlad on October 30, 2017, 10:07:46 AM
It was a good game in good weather at Walsh Park yesterday. Ballygunner have underachieved in Munster club as well with only one title back in 2001 I think despite numerous county final wins. I thought when Thurles Sarsfields drew level to bring it to extra time they'd have the advantage with the Gunners playing for 7 weeks in a row but the Waterford champions got the last two points to deservedly win. Padraic Maher got some great scores and was a great leader but him and Thurles keeper at fault for the goal from Mahony's free.

Yeah he was and he'd have no complaints there on that goal, but by christ hes the heart and soul of that time, amazing shift he puts in everytime i see him play for Sarsfields, must be annoying with that talented team not to get further in the All Ireland club!

The goal even at that early stage was he barrier that Ballygunner needed to stay in front and manage to get over the line in injury time, Lar for me plays too loose, waiting on the ball coming out of a ruck rather than winning dirty ball, his goal threat is gone when hes that far out the pitch..

the fielding in the Kilkenny game was outstanding! Buckley had an outstanding first half, went missing for a bit in the second half (think the Village lads played the ball anywhere he wasnt in the second half) but near the end was back on top!

That Dicksboro team is undefeated and had a serious amount of hunger on the ball, the Culla team has been going rightly to so should be a cracking game! Harder to call, though The Village didnt put up much of a fight for large parts of the game

mouview

How come the KK finals have been on so late? County team knocked out since mid July and they don't have too many Senior clubs to hold things up.

fearbrags

""How come the KK finals have been on so late? County team knocked out since mid July and they don't have too many Senior clubs to hold things up.""  They KK players are ""busy with the ladies"" ;)

shark

Quote from: mouview on October 30, 2017, 09:25:12 PM
How come the KK finals have been on so late? County team knocked out since mid July and they don't have too many Senior clubs to hold things up.

Finish it too early and your club champions have too long to wait for Leinster.

imtommygunn

I feel sorry for that dicksboro full back having to mark o'callaghan.

Cuala will not be easy beat this year either.

manfromdelmonte

manfromdelmonte

the red and maroon colour clash is ridiculous

good few players have misplaced passes

manfromdelmonte

Cuala's hooking, flicks off the hurley and 'offloading' of the ball are great to watch. Very high skill level

imtommygunn

Cuala na piarsagh would be a hell of a game.

Cuala's fitness levels are a step above most club teams.

waterfordlad

Another good game in sunny but cold Walsh Park today with Ballygunner getting a narrow win for 2nd week in a row. Sixmilebridge playing with the breeze were much better in 1st half with 41 year old Niall Gilligan getting a few points. Ballygunner started 2nd half very well and had drawn level within first 10 minutes. 2 Jamie Shanahan points put the Clare side a point up with 3 minutes to go but a goal and point from Jj Hutchinson got the Gunners  over the line. Morey got a last minute goal for the Bridge but it was too late. Na Piarsaigh had a big win in other semi final and with their record in Munster club will be favourites for the final.

Milltown Row2