Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

I heard Devenny on Off the Ball saying that he's heard McManus is out and Cavanagh could be too. Is he bullshitting away as usual or has anyone else heard that?

Boycey

There are some stand tickets currently available online if anyone is interested..

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

BennyHarp

A lot of confident talk coming out of Monaghan. Talk of the best Monaghan team ever etc. I just wonder where the optimism is coming from? A decent league campaign maybe? But in last years championship as Tyrone strolled through Ulster, Monaghan struggled, losing to Down, what's changed? Tyrone have taken a lot of stick for the defeat to Dublin yet Monaghan's capitulation to the same team seems to have been air brushed from history. There's a lot of talk about Tyrone needing to prove themselves this season but I think Monaghan have much more to prove. They've been chugging along with the same management team and many of the same players and never really kicked on when the pressure is applied. For me this is do or die for Monaghan, all the pressure is on them, Tyrone know they can navigate the back door, Monaghan have scars of the likes of Longford just 2 seasons ago and can't risk the perils of the scenic route. They haven't handled pressure well in the past so I can't see anything other than a Tyrone victory. We were streaks ahead in Ulster last year and if we have tweaked our gameplan to be even a little more offensive then I think we will be a better version than last year. That's a lot of ground for the Ulster teams to make up in 12 months. No doubt I'll have egg on my face by 5.30pm tomorrow. 😄
That was never a square ball!!

Schkite

And I've seen people talk of the arrogance of Monaghan people  ::)

There are genuine reasons for optimism for anyone who's watched any of Monaghan this year, it doesn't mean we're going to win tomorrrow or whatever, but we're on the right track. Tyrone have the better record when we meet but they don't have a god given right to win these games. Tyrone are a good outfit but it's not 2008 anymore, there's not much between the teams really if you ask me. Tyrone are rightly favourites given they've won the last 2 Ulsters and are at home, but I see no reason why Monaghan people shouldn't feel confident that we can go there and get a result.

ONeill

There's nothing between the sides. If McManus plays I think they have the edge.

Boycey

Link to this talk of 'best Monaghan team ever' ??

BennyHarp

Quote from: Boycey on May 19, 2018, 09:57:25 AM

Some Monaghan poster said it a few pages back

Boycey

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 19, 2018, 10:22:44 AM

Do you think he was a spokesman for us all?

Schkite

Even though it's almost certain to change, might as well post the Monaghan team:

Rory Beggan
Colin Walshe
Drew Wylie
Ryan Wylie
Kieran Duffy
Vinny Corey
Karl O'Connell
Niall Kearns
Darren Hughes
Fintan Kelly
Jack McCarron
Dessie Ward
Conor McCarthy
Kieran Hughes
Conor McManus.

Subs:
Conor Forde
Conor Boyle
Barry Kerr
Dessie Mone
Neil McAdam
Paudie McKenna
Dermot Malone
Owen Duffy
Ryan McAnespie
David Garland
Shane Carey

Strange that Boyle isn't named on the team but is still on the bench, maybe they're giving him til the last minute to get over the injury. I like the look of the forward line but I wouldn't be surprised to see changes there either. I think you might see McAnespie start as he'd be a good man for tracking the runs of a Tyrone wingback.

Aaron Boone

Their training sessions are going very well I heard. Sometimes a good team becomes a great team, something clicks. Monaghan sound in that special zone now.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Boycey on May 19, 2018, 10:50:59 AM

Do you think he was a spokesman for us all?

I was just responding to what was being discussed.

Rossfan

Hope Monaghan win this and go on to win Ulster but probably will be disappointed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM