The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 26, 2018, 10:06:20 PM
Great to see faugheen back in the winners enclosure, footpad won with ease, 2 great horses.

really is and he absolutley hacked in. i suppose up until he won ther ballymore / sun alliance hurdle he was viewed as an out and out stayer.

looks like he is going to be an 11 year old novice chaser next year. a wonderful freak of a horse

Donnellys Hollow

It's fair to say Germany was a seriously underappreciated national hunt sire when he was around.

Faugheen, Captain Cee Bee, Samcro, Conna Castle, Tiger Cry is a fine list of progeny for a sire who only covered a tiny book each year.

Stood for €3k in 2013 the year he died. I should have sent a few mares his way.  :-\
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Insane Bolt

Saw a statistic that said of the near €2 million prize money on offer over first 3 days at Punchestown, Willie Mullins has won €1.25 million, with 12 winners, 12 different owners and 8 different jockeys

Amazing achievement 😎

Orchard park

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 27, 2018, 03:35:13 PM
It's fair to say Germany was a seriously underappreciated national hunt sire when he was around.

Faugheen, Captain Cee Bee, Samcro, Conna Castle, Tiger Cry is a fine list of progeny for a sire who only covered a tiny book each year.

Stood for €3k in 2013 the year he died. I should have sent a few mares his way.  :-\

He was virtually infertile hence the low numbers, its incredible what hevhas sired from generally moderate naremares

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Orchard park on April 27, 2018, 07:52:55 PM

He was virtually infertile hence the low numbers, its incredible what hevhas sired from generally moderate naremares

I'd a few moderate ones I could have sent his way. Unfortunately I sent them to even more moderate stallions!

Donnellys Hollow

Orchard park

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 27, 2018, 08:14:03 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on April 27, 2018, 07:52:55 PM

I'd a few moderate ones I could have sent his way. Unfortunately I sent them to even more moderate stallions!

Can relate to that............. back in my sheep farming days I can still hear my father preaching the ram is  half the flock

Orchard park

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 27, 2018, 08:16:45 PM
Nice ending for Katie Walsh. Great career.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4EuwkgDI50

A  top class jockey and lucky enough t to  be able to get out on her own terms

Boycey

Nina follows Katie out the door also with a winner, a pair of diamonds they were...

https://twitter.com/rteracing/status/990231596065161217?s=21

Avondhu star

We still have Rachel Blackmore. Lots of the lads made a good bit on her winning on Callthebarman in Huntingdon on the Wednesday of Cheltenham.
Nina and Katie were fearless
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Mickey Linden

Delighted for nina and katie. 2 absolute heroes. Great they ended careers on high note as it can be a cruel cruel game

Donnellys Hollow

Mendelssohn drawn in 14. Not ideal.

Avondhu star

Mendelssohn made no show at all. Connections must be very disappointed.

Any thoughts on the Fourth in the Guineas First in the Derby saying?
Elarqam needs a bit more distance according to Mark Johnson. 25/1 for Epsom
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 06, 2018, 04:54:58 PM
Mendelssohn made no show at all. Connections must be very disappointed.

Any thoughts on the Fourth in the Guineas First in the Derby saying?
Elarqam needs a bit more distance according to Mark Johnson. 25/1 for Epsom

Going officially "muck and clabber"

bennydorano

Had forgotten about this - Apart from terrestrial coverage, From today Irish Racing only available on pay tv - Racing UK in the UK. Whats the story in ROI? Same?

Sad day, dubious benefits of immediate cash injection V longer term poorer exposure for the product.