Leinster Senior, u20 & Minor Football Championship 2019

Started by Dinny Breen, April 10, 2018, 11:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

thejuice

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 27, 2018, 09:52:06 PM
One question for the Meath boys. How can the county champions (Simonstown Gaels) have not one player on the entire panel?

First off, Well done Shamrock Shore and all the Larries.

Had a sinking feeling during the first half that is wasn't going to be our day and it came to be.

As for your above question. I can think of about 5 players that lined out from Simonstown during the O'Byrne Cup and the League. Those include Sean Tobin, Mark McCabe, Brian Conlon, Robbie Burlingham and Padraig McKeever. I don't know why each one left or was dropped but I think Tobin and McKeever dropped themselves.

Shane O'Rourke has finished with county football, if Conor Nash didn't head for the AFL he'd probably be playing for Meath and Seamus Kenny also retired from County football a few years back.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Rossfan

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 27, 2018, 10:34:21 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on May 27, 2018, 10:32:26 PM
The last team to get relegated from Division 1 with 7 losses (Down in 2016) lost both their championship games that year (to Monaghan and to Longford)

The draw tomorrow is crucial for Kildare.

Doesn't really matter, O'Neill is finished regardless and getting the 2019 backroom team set up early would be nice.
He seems to have been an expensive clueless chancery.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LaurelEye

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 07:26:09 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on May 27, 2018, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
Meath and Kildare are the sick men of Leinster fuball but to see the 2 of them bet on the one day by Longford and Carlow is dochreidte.
What a day for the 2 counties.
I presume there was a Mullinalaghta input in the Meath match.

5 out of 15 starters (Fox, McElligott, two McGivneys and Brady) and 7 out of 16 points.
Great experience.
Would come in handy in a theoretical Leinster Club Championship.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

Dinny Breen

Glad I am still in Holland.

Congrats to Carlow .

On and off the pitch we have severe problems. We have a county board obsessed with making money as directed to them by Croke Board. They are now taking on infrastructure project badly needed but they can't afford.

A change in manager would give an uplift, biased as I am Glen Ryan would instill some belief & change the identity of a Kildare footballer. They play without emotion. Zero emotional energy in them.

Yesterday should be seen as a watershed moment but with the current landscape of Leinster football there might not be the will.

Anyway roll on the qualifiers.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: LaurelEye on May 28, 2018, 02:34:40 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 07:26:09 PM
Quote from: LaurelEye on May 27, 2018, 06:28:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2018, 05:09:27 PM
Meath and Kildare are the sick men of Leinster fuball but to see the 2 of them bet on the one day by Longford and Carlow is dochreidte.
What a day for the 2 counties.
I presume there was a Mullinalaghta input in the Meath match.

5 out of 15 starters (Fox, McElligott, two McGivneys and Brady) and 7 out of 16 points.
Great experience.
Would come in handy in a theoretical Leinster Club Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-146AydXpds
Anyway it is great to see. These days don't roll around very often
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Shamrock Shore

Dinny

Kildare are on a shocking bad run - 12 defeats in a row in all competitions I think. I would love to see Glenn Ryan given the task. He is well regarded in Longford and I am surprised he didn't kick on after this stint with us. Maybe he had other committments but he would certainly instill some confidence back into the Lillies. I think KIldare will beat Derry and maybe there is a summer ahead.

Fair play to Carlow. Last won Leinster in 1944 - not sure when they were last in a Leinster final but I do think Laois will have too much for them.

So - maybe I am being a little naive here - but a repeat of the 1968 Leinster final is on the cards. We beat Meath in '68 as well (and they were All Ireland Champs at the time) as well as beating Dubs.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 28, 2018, 09:00:57 AM
Dinny

Kildare are on a shocking bad run - 12 defeats in a row in all competitions I think. I would love to see Glenn Ryan given the task. He is well regarded in Longford and I am surprised he didn't kick on after this stint with us. Maybe he had other committments but he would certainly instill some confidence back into the Lillies. I think KIldare will beat Derry and maybe there is a summer ahead.

Fair play to Carlow. Last won Leinster in 1944 - not sure when they were last in a Leinster final but I do think Laois will have too much for them.

So - maybe I am being a little naive here - but a repeat of the 1968 Leinster final is on the cards. We beat Meath in '68 as well (and they were All Ireland Champs at the time) as well as beating Dubs.

Lads, why is Cian O'Neill failing so badly? Is it a tactical thing, a man management thing, a physical preparation thing, or all three?

maigheo

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2018, 10:06:22 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 28, 2018, 09:00:57 AM
Dinny

Lads, why is Cian O'Neill failing so badly? Is it a tactical thing, a man management thing, a physical preparation thing, or all three?
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2018, 10:06:22 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 28, 2018, 09:00:57 AMGood article by Tomas O Shea in yesterdays Sindo which gives some clues as to why O Neill is failing with Kildare
Dinny

maigheo

not sure what happened with my last post ;) but meant to say that Tomas O Sheas article in the Sindo yesterday gave some insight as to why  ONeill is not succeeding with Kildare

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jinxy

Well done to Longford, fully deserved win.
We're gone fierce watery altogether.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 28, 2018, 06:39:54 AM
Glad I am still in Holland.

Congrats to Carlow .

On and off the pitch we have severe problems. We have a county board obsessed with making money as directed to them by Croke Board. They are now taking on infrastructure project badly needed but they can't afford.

A change in manager would give an uplift, biased as I am Glen Ryan would instill some belief & change the identity of a Kildare footballer. They play without emotion. Zero emotional energy in them.

Yesterday should be seen as a watershed moment but with the current landscape of Leinster football there might not be the will.

Anyway roll on the qualifiers.

This x1000000000.

Aughrim 1990 was a watershed moment. Yesterday needs to be the same. That's the worst I've ever sat through anyway and by a long way.

An axe needs to be taken to that team and start again afresh. I've never seen a group that is as mentally fragile and that's saying something as a Kildare supporter.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?