America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2015, 06:06:45 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 11, 2015, 05:16:15 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2015, 09:51:45 AM
South Park destroyed the Gun Lobby again the other night. . . great stuff!!

Any links?

South park is irrelevant on Gun control, we can debate Gun control all day long but in the end, the NRA are too powerful and will prevail.

The NRA is likely to a major reason why the GOP is merely a visitor to The White House these days. In that regard, South Park and others who point out the lunacy of the gun laws are very relevant.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2015, 06:11:02 PM

Any links?

South park is irrelevant on Gun control, we can debate Gun control all day long but in the end, the NRA are too powerful and will prevail.

The NRA is likely to a major reason why the GOP is merely a visitor to The White House these days. In that regard, South Park and others who point out the lunacy of the gun laws are very relevant.

The people will NEVER give up their weapons, NEVER, it would be akin to the reaction the loyalist community would have if the Brits declared they were pulling out of Ireland, the hard liners would fight to the death to be allowed the right to bear arms, even semi automatics, a good friend of mine is one of the top surgeons in the midwest, he assures me when we argue this topic that he will never, under any circumstances give up the right to bear arms and nor will any of his family or friends.

The left in this country have allowed a generation of pussies to spring up, the students of Ivy league schools protesting about their lot, students demanding they have a say in who becomes Dean at their University, the cry of racism over anyone who tells it like it is, Black lives matter and the way the go after the cops but when a gang member shoots dead a child in a gang war in Chicago they do not protest that, why? because they are media whores looking for their five minutes like the dickhead who stared at the cop for three minutes.  The bastards in Black lives matter were pissed off no end because they lost air time when the Paris attacks happened.

Clinton is going to be President I believe, she had an opportunity to say all lives matter, she pandered to the black vote, I was saddened by this because I thought she might have some sense of decency, she does not, black people have the right to protest but I wish they would focus on all crimes against their race, not just focus on the cops, 'fry em like bacon they say' Repugnant stuff, hate speech that this mealy mouthed facker of a President lets go.

Back to guns, this country was formed on the right to bear arms, guns have always played a huge role in the United States, NRA men say that their dads taught them how to shoot and how to treat a gun, they hunted in freezing weather, playing cards and drinking Beer in a cabin with friends and built memories like killing their first deer and their grandfather taught the father, it is ingrained in these people and there is no winning them over, simple as that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

In short in relation to my last post.................................................... I believe America to be fucked and I blame the last two Presidents for it being so!

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2015, 06:29:44 PM

Any links?

The people will NEVER give up their weapons, NEVER, it would be akin to the reaction the loyalist community would have if the Brits declared they were pulling out of Ireland, the hard liners would fight to the death to be allowed the right to bear arms, even semi automatics, a good friend of mine is one of the top surgeons in the midwest, he assures me when we argue this topic that he will never, under any circumstances give up the right to bear arms and nor will any of his family or friends.

The left in this country have allowed a generation of pussies to spring up, the students of Ivy league schools protesting about their lot, students demanding they have a say in who becomes Dean at their University, the cry of racism over anyone who tells it like it is, Black lives matter and the way the go after the cops but when a gang member shoots dead a child in a gang war in Chicago they do not protest that, why? because they are media whores looking for their five minutes like the d**khead who stared at the cop for three minutes.  The b**tards in Black lives matter were pissed off no end because they lost air time when the Paris attacks happened.

Clinton is going to be President I believe, she had an opportunity to say all lives matter, she pandered to the black vote, I was saddened by this because I thought she might have some sense of decency, she does not, black people have the right to protest but I wish they would focus on all crimes against their race, not just focus on the cops, 'fry em like bacon they say' Repugnant stuff, hate speech that this mealy mouthed facker of a President lets go.

Back to guns, this country was formed on the right to bear arms, guns have always played a huge role in the United States, NRA men say that their dads taught them how to shoot and how to treat a gun, they hunted in freezing weather, playing cards and drinking Beer in a cabin with friends and built memories like killing their first deer and their grandfather taught the father, it is ingrained in these people and there is no winning them over, simple as that.

Unionists said they would never go into Government with Sinn Féin. That changed.

France was a monarchy just like Britain. That changed.

People fought a Civil War in the US to (among other reasons) defend the right to own slaves. That changed.

The Republic of Ireland was a completely Catholic Country:

That thankfully has changed.

If we were all born Conservatives, we would still be living in caves. Things always change.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Any links?

The left in this country have allowed a generation of pussies to spring up, the students of Ivy league schools protesting about their lot, students demanding they have a say in who becomes Dean at their University, the cry of racism over anyone who tells it like it is, Black lives matter and the way the go after the cops but when a gang member shoots dead a child in a gang war in Chicago they do not protest that, why? because they are media whores looking for their five minutes like the d**khead who stared at the cop for three minutes.  The b**tards in Black lives matter were pissed off no end because they lost air time when the Paris attacks happened.

I agree completely on the guns, but give it up on the "All Lives Matter" crap. The only purpose of that phrase is to diminish and delegitimize the black experience at the hands of the police over the years. Until someone produces stats showing that whites suffer the same way, its just more white resentment politics. Some idiots on BLM protests taking their rhetoric too far doesn't change that.

easytiger95

The left in this country have allowed a generation of pussies to spring up

they are media whores looking for their five minutes like the d**khead who stared at the cop for three minutes

'fry em like bacon they say' Repugnant stuff, hate speech that this mealy mouthed facker of a President lets go

I dunno, anyone else seeing the irony here?

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2015, 06:45:14 PM

Any links?

Unionists said they would never go into Government with Sinn Féin. That changed.

People fought a Civil War in the US to (among other reasons) defend the right to own slaves. That changed.

If we were all born Conservatives, we would still be living in caves. Things always change.

I was not born a conservative, in fact my favorite politician in Britain was, and always will be Tony Benn. I came over to this country a democrat, having live in the states and not just pontificated about the Country like many on here I changed based on  life experiences I had over a period of 20 years.

You are right things do change but do you really think the Loyalists would accept a United Ireland?

If you live to be a hundred, you will never ever see weapons taken out of the hands of the people in the United States of America, never! Even if the law changes the people will rise up and fight that change, just as the constitution tells them to when they consider the Government interferes with their rights.

It's called diversity, both in people and in critical thinking of the leaders elected by the people, you need liberals, you need conservatives, you do not seem able to grasp that concept, like a caveman you seem to equate Liberal good Conservative bad, if so I am glad you are not in office.

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2015, 09:00:59 PM

Any links?

I was not born a conservative, in fact my favorite politician in Britain was, and always will be Tony Benn. I came over to this country a democrat, having live in the states and not just pontificated about the Country like many on here I changed based on  life experiences I had over a period of 20 years.

You are right things do change but do you really think the Loyalists would accept a United Ireland?

If you live to be a hundred, you will never ever see weapons taken out of the hands of the people in the United States of America, never! Even if the law changes the people will rise up and fight that change, just as the constitution tells them to when they consider the Government interferes with their rights.

It's called diversity, both in people and in critical thinking of the leaders elected by the people, you need liberals, you need conservatives, you do not seem able to grasp that concept, like a caveman you seem to equate Liberal good Conservative bad, if so I am glad you are not in office.

Again your post is completely hypocritical.

What you are saying is the liberals are ok until they pass laws you don't like. Then you will impeach, repeal or simply go to war. You only 'need' liberals to pretend you are in favour of democracy.

MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2015, 09:08:56 PM

Any links?

What you are saying is the liberals are ok until they pass laws you don't like. Then you will impeach, repeal or simply go to war. You only 'need' liberals to pretend you are in favour of democracy.

Absolutely not what I am saying, what I am saying is that you need people to hold differing values, skill sets and political ideals and show me where I said anything about impeach, repeal or go to war? Are you on drugs ffs?

WTF is your comment on democracy about? Do you think I am anti Democracy? There's wiser in the looney bin!

armaghniac

I presume the point is that you claimed that gun owners were anti democracy, as they wouldn't respect the law if it was changed. Fact is, ISIS and NRA both put their religion before democracy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

This is YOUR argument. Do you understand the words you yourself wrote?

"If you live to be a hundred, you will never ever see weapons taken out of the hands of the people in the United States of America, never!"

"Even if the law changes the people will rise up and fight that change".

Like I said, democratic when it suits.

But most people here know it is all talk anyway. The outrage at the constant mass-murders will eventually reach a critical mass and cop on will eventually overcome GOP pay-offs by the NRA.

MWWSI 2017

stew

Any links?

I think I get it now, you think I would want the people to do this, a million percent no, I am TELLING you what I think will happen and nothing more than that, I dont like guns, I hate the NRA and all it stands for and was trying to give an honest answer as to what I think will happen.

I hate war, I never want anyone to go to war because it is the ordinary people that suffer on both sides of the war, I was dead against the Gulf war for several reasons, not the least of which they went in not having discovered weapons they said was there, the other reason, too many innocents die and it is always the working class that get hit hardest!

When you have animals like ISIS you have to meet them head on, the UN should be leading the way but they are useless so someone has to stop these bastards, A coalition force should go in and destroy these f**kers and the Saudis, Jordanians, Iraqis and Egyptians  to join the fray and defeat this evil.

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on December 11, 2015, 09:22:11 PM
I presume the point is that you claimed that gun owners were anti democracy, as they wouldn't respect the law if it was changed. Fact is, ISIS and NRA both put their religion before democracy.

Exactly.

As for religion, this has happened for centuries. For example, eclipses caused terror, but then we learned. Thunder and lightning were thought to be signs the Gods were angry. but then we learned.

Some of us might be a bit slower than the rest, but we will get there.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: stew on December 11, 2015, 09:25:33 PM

Any links?

I think I get it now, you think I would want the people to do this, a million percent no, I am TELLING you what I think will happen and nothing more than that, I dont like guns, I hate the NRA and all it stands for and was trying to give an honest answer as to what I think will happen.

I hate war, I never want anyone to go to war because it is the ordinary people that suffer on both sides of the war, I was dead against the Gulf war for several reasons, not the least of which they went in not having discovered weapons they said was there, the other reason, too many innocents die and it is always the working class that get hit hardest!

When you have animals like ISIS you have to meet them head on, the UN should be leading the way but they are useless so someone has to stop these b**tards, A coalition force should go in and destroy these f**kers and the Saudis, Jordanians, Iraqis and Egyptians  to join the fray and defeat this evil.

Why are you arguing vigorously against people you claim to agree with 100% then?
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: muppet on December 11, 2015, 09:25:21 PM
This is YOUR argument. Do you understand the words you yourself wrote?

"If you live to be a hundred, you will never ever see weapons taken out of the hands of the people in the United States of America, never!"

"Even if the law changes the people will rise up and fight that change".

Like I said, democratic when it suits.

But most people here know it is all talk anyway. The outrage at the constant mass-murders will eventually reach a critical mass and cop on will eventually overcome GOP pay-offs by the NRA.

f**k me I am telling you what I think will happen if the Government take away their guns, do I want them to have guns, NO!!!!! I abide by the law even if I believe it to be wrong because I am a law abiding non citizen, I want most of the guns taken from them because I am anti gun and I support the democrats on this issue, there now, in simplest terms, do you get it now or are you going to try and read into what I write rather than acctually take the time to comprehend it?

There are no back doors in me, I have an opinion and will share it, if you do not like it oh well, I am not hear to pander to your bleeding heart sensitive soul bullshit, I am here to offer a differing opinion to yours and others like you, your problem is you have nothing good to say about conservatives at all, you are blinded by liberal doctrine and seem to be incapable of diverse thought, just an opinion.