Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Much as it pains me to disagree with Kevin McStay  :'(, the table don't lie unless I'm badly mistaken

P   W   D  L  F  A      +/-    Pts

Claremorris                  2   2    0  0 28 22     6        4
Ballina Stephenites       2   1    1  0 21 21     0        2
Castlebar Mitchels         2   1    1  0 24 26    -2        2
Burrishoole                  2   0     2 0 19 23    -4         0

If Ballina win by three points they will be level on points with Claremorris, Ballina's scoring difference will go up to +3 and Claremorris' will go down. However Claremorris will be ahead on points scored (I think this is the next divider). But if Ballina win by four they will have a better score difference.
So Stephenites need to win by four to be sure of qualifying. I'm not sure they will. But can Mitchels make up the gap against Burrishoole? I know I said earlier that Mitchels would make up the scoring difference but now that I think about it I'm not so sure - they're weak in attack and its hard to see them putting over more than 12 points in a game.
Serious final day ahead though

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Farrandeelin

Ballina only had 3 subs at the weekend.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 12, 2008, 11:17:47 PM
Ballina only had 3 subs at the weekend.

Maybe that had something to do with keeping players eligible for the Junior team. If that's the reason you'd have to question it. There was nothing straightforward about beating Burrishoole.
Did you hear anything Stephenite?

stephenite

Didn't hear anything but I'm due my fortnightly update this weekend so I'll find out - I'd doubt if it has anything to do with keeping players elegible for Junior. Senior championships are the only thing that count in the club and everything is geared towards that, can only think that leaving cert/college exams might have kept some of the younger panel members that usually sit on the bench occupied.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: stephenite on June 13, 2008, 12:28:50 AM
Didn't hear anything but I'm due my fortnightly update this weekend so I'll find out - I'd doubt if it has anything to do with keeping players elegible for Junior. Senior championships are the only thing that count in the club and everything is geared towards that, can only think that leaving cert/college exams might have kept some of the younger panel members that usually sit on the bench occupied.

Ye as stephenite says it would have nothing to do with the juniors the senior team is the main priority , i heard that things are not well in the camp which does surprise me especially with Liam Mc involved i would have thought the lads would have a lot of repect for liam. On sunday Eanna casey was taken off and had to go on again as farrendeelin said there were only 3 subs. A few of the lads who played in the Ai final are now with the juniors. with the size of Ballina no matter what there should be more than three subs available crikey they are the connacht champions so all must not be well however i wouldn't be writing them off. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

Does anyone have the East Mayo Junior Fixtures for this weekend handy?

RedandGreenSniper

After the depression of losing to Galway its back to the club scene this weekend. Its always interesting to see how lads perform for their clubs after losing for their county.

Will Conor Mortimer and Andy Moran be on fire for Shrule and Ballaghaderreen against Kiltane and Breaffy respectively? Will Shrule cope without Trevor Mort? Will McDonald put in a performance for Cross that will once again pose the question of why isn't he in the panel?

Its a big round with a lot on the line and is the first game for a lot of teams in six weeks.

Group D (Ballina, Castlebar, Claremorris and Burrishoole) will be the most interesting with alll four teams capable of qualifying

stephenite

Ballina have Martin Wynne suspended apparently along with young Kieran Sweeney - by all accounts things not going well too well for us.

RedandGreenSniper

This would seem to back up what you're saying Stephenite

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4551&Itemid=39

Is there a personality issue with the new manager and some players?

stephenite

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 16, 2008, 01:10:04 AM
This would seem to back up what you're saying Stephenite

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4551&Itemid=39

Is there a personality issue with the new manager and some players?

I don't think there is a personality issue at all to be honest; Brady has retired, Shane Sweeney is concentrating on the career, Enda Dev apparently doesn't want to play senior football anymore, happy to play Junior and have his few pints at the weekend (I say apparently because that's what I've been told and like yourself am far enough away to not know personally what is going on), James Dev has been struggling with injuries etc. Kenny Golden has been driving up and down from Belfast for about 10 years and had a very busy winter last year, so maybe he owes work some time. I don't know the ins and outs of it to be honest, just pick up snippets.

I'd doubt if it's personality - Liam is the type of guy that generally gets on with people, if people are acting the **** then he has no option but to drop them or act the **** back but if you're striaght with him you'll get it back, at least that's always been my impression of him.

Hopefully with their backs to the wall they can pull a result out of the hat, at this stage last year there weren't too many people that would have tipped us to win the county never mind Connacht so I wouldn't be writing the Stephenites off just yet.

RedandGreenSniper

Yeah I remember last year thinking ye hadn't a notion of winning the county title and look how that turned out  ???
Ye had to beat Westport in the last group game to qualify I think.
I had Ballagh backed from an early stage last year and in the semi-final against ye I thought they only had to turn up to beat ye. Think Ballagh had the same mentality  ::)
But Claremorris seem to be flying, tough ask for any team at this stage. I won't make the mistake of writing ye off but I won't go out on a limb predicting that result either. The scoring difference could be the difference yet . . .

Champ15

Stephenite Kenny Golden has been sufferin with a hamstring injury for the past couple of months. he returned training about a month ago and popped the other hamstring all that driving to & from belfast is starting to take its toll. As for the players gettin on with Liam your dead right with what your saying everyone gets on with him some people might'nt like somethings that he does or says but i tkink that would be the same in most clubs.
Ballina Stephenites
All Ireland Champions 2005

RedandGreenSniper

Right, I'm gonna have a go at predictions for the weekend if anyone wants to follow suit. Not much hype ahead of the important round of the group stages. Fall-out from last Sunday taking more attention. God there's gonna be some amount of close games though. Think Ballinrobe and Breaffy might pull off two upsets

Ballintubber  v Garrymore Sunday at 1.30 ----- Ballintubber by 3 
Charlestown  v Moy-Davitts  Sunday at 1.30 ----- Charlestown by 4

Crossmolina Deel Rovers  v Louisburgh Sunday at 1.30 -------- Cross by 12
Ballinrobe v Knockmore Sunday at 1.30 ----- Ballinrobe by 1

Shrule-Glencorrib  v Kiltane  Saturday at 7 ----- Shrule by 1 
Breaffy v Ballaghadereen  Saturday at 7 - --- Breaffy by 1

Burrishoole v Castlebar Mitchels Saturday at 7 ----- Mitchels by 1   
Claremorris  v Ballina Stephenites  Saturday at 7 ------ Ballina by 2

Intermediate
Achill  v Mayo Gaels  Sunday at 1.30 ---- Achill by 3 
Ballyhaunis  v Westport  Sunday at half 1 - --- Westport by 5

Kilmeena  v Aghamore  Aghamore by 2 
Bonniconlon  v Belmullet  Belmullet by 3

Kilcommon  v Parke-Keelouges-Crimlin  Parke by 1 
Swinford  - - Crossmolina Deel Rovers B Cross by 3

Hollymount  - - Tourmakeady  Tourmak' by 3 
Kiltimagh  - - Kilmaine  Kiltimagh by 1

Farrandeelin

It wouldn't be that much of an upset if Ballinrobe won tomorrow. Seen as we have a lot of players in America for the Summer. A lot will depend if the Knockmore players are misbehaving at Declan Dempsey's wedding today. (If they're at it, that is)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Doubt if many of the knockmore lads would be at it, a few of the older ones but a lot of them are too young for deccie
Would like to think we can beat ballinrobe even with a depleted team, we'll have gone back a long way if we cant

Ballina team is very strange, no liam or ger brady, gazza mchale midfield & harte full forward, tighe & campion in, could all go wrong for Liam Mc
Apparently Ger has takn the hump and hasn't been training for a couple of weeks
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me