Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Westside on June 07, 2019, 06:32:24 PM
If Grimley stabs McKiernan in the heart after the throw in it should be hilarious listening to all of these Armagh posters explain his actions away. "He was eating an apple right before throw in, obviously forgot it was in his hand, could happen anyone. Them Cavan boys were no angels either hai"

Was this a Derry or Japanese "Armagh" poster? 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Wildweasel74

G you make it hard for a neutral to support Armagh which I done for many a year.,with half the crap talked on here.

illdecide

FFS lads, this yapping is depressing stuff...

People are saying here that favourites rarely lose the replay but in fairness there was not a big pile between the two teams in the betting so wouldn't be getting too caught up in that one 5/6 Cavan & Armagh 13/10 for this Sunday's game. The one thing that most managers don't seem to have the bottle for is when having the extra man advantage why not throw him up in the forward line and give the other team something to think about and make them (force them closer to goal) bring another man back to mark him, this will give you a better advantage (in my mind anyway) than pulling him back to have another sweeper.

They just don't want to take the gamble but i believe it would pay off...On the game this Sunday it'll probably be similar to last weeks game, I expect Cavan to be better but i also expect Armagh's forward line to be better too so should be interesting...FFS Kieran just them them loose and go for it...have a shoot out like the Rossies game last year, go for it ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ck

balladmaker

The joys of modern technology ... presently cruising at 35000 feet over North America listening to RTE Radio on the plane ... come on Armagh!

gortnaleck

Blowitupref

9 mins to play Cavan 0-17 Armagh 0-16.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Cavan in the driving seat with 3 mins to play. Cavan 0-20 Armagh 0-16
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

balladmaker

under the bar

Entertaining stuff but the result was a foregone conclusion since Armagh were outplayed by 14-men the last day out.

Blowitupref

Strong finish by Cavan seals the win.  FT Cavan 0-23 Armagh 0-17. Cavan's first Ulster final for 18 years. As armaghniac pointed out yesterday a first Cavan v Donegal Ulster final since 1983.

Captain Obvious

Well done to Cavan in front today from pillar to post and closed out the game very well. As for Armagh, lost that game the first day and for a team supposedly fit they fade out of games a lot towards the end of them.

Solo_run

Congratulations Cavan and good luck in the final.

Not sure where this leaves Armagh. We were down a good few points in the first 20 minutes. I don't think we were quick enough to make the changes needed which had been a constant problem with this management team.

David McKeown

Fair play to Cavan. They were more clinical and made the most of the favourable refereeing decisions they got to record a deserved victory. Some positives for Armagh but a lot of negatives. Reminded me a lot of the Meath game in the championship. As long as we avoid Monaghan in the draw I'd be happy enough although I think we'd need to get lucky draws from there to make the Super 8's.

There's a very good bunch of players there. I'm yet to be convinced there's a good team.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

tonto1888

Well done Cavan. Deserved win. We lost that between the 5th and 25th minute. After that we had too much to do