GAAGO where are you?

Started by sligoman2, May 03, 2014, 02:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

I see the season pass is now $109 for the rest of the year which is still good value imo as it includes the Sunday game etc.
4 games on this weekend.

Top job so far, well done to all at GAAGO, please keep up the good work now that we are approaching the business end of the championships.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

PMG1

If you are in northern Ireland does gaago season pass give you access yo all the games on rte, sky etc?

armaghniac

The games on Sky alone used not be available at UK IP addresses on GAAgo and the price was reduced. If you are in the north you can watch on RTÉ website provided your IP number isn't in England
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

Rubbish for any1 else today?

Dinny Breen

Excellent for me in the South of France except for Martin Carney couldn't ask for more.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Subbie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 17, 2017, 09:17:34 AM
Excellent for me in the South of France except for Martin Carney couldn't ask for more.
I thought you were gonna forget about the south of France and go to Monaghan for an Indian instead Dinny, what happened??? 8)
Hope the holidays are going well !

sligoman2

No problems here either.

The service can only be as good as the wifi or wired internet you are using. 

Dinny Breen

Quote from: The Subbie on July 17, 2017, 01:39:42 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 17, 2017, 09:17:34 AM
I thought you were gonna forget about the south of France and go to Monaghan for an Indian instead Dinny, what happened??? 8)
Hope the holidays are going well !

Ha! Yes the wine has eased the pain.  I will get that Indian when I get back.

But GAAGO has much improved.
#newbridgeornowhere

sligoman2

I have to say fair play to Rte and Gaago.  I enjoyed all the games, had no problems and was happy with the price.

We are quick enough to criticize and we should also be able to say fair play when it is due.

Well done to all involved. Great coverage and great picture quality...

J70

Yes, great job this year.

Worked fantastically on Roku.

If only NBC Sports could get their shit sorted with their premier league app in a similar fashion!

Syferus

As someone who works on these sorts of things for a living the one time I had to use it all year (via a proxy to see the Ros-Dublin massacre in the league) left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Still a very 1.0 platform, and the UI is needlessly obtuse in places. Games are expensive and more than that, the service should be much more complete in terms of its archive as well also offering other GAA shows aired on RTE and TG4. Being able to thumb through 50-60 years of old Sunday Games and documentaries would make it a service they could sell to GAA supporters at home as well.

NFL Pass should be the gold standard for this sort of service and GAAGO remains a long way off that.

Puckoon

I'd give it 6.5/10. A lot of buffering, at times there seemed to be 2 sets of commentary coming through, and a periodic pause.

I'd love to have a service that was worth the money (whatever that may be)

omaghjoe

Its been ok this year better than it has been but I had a bit of bother with it today. No problem with the 3 stooges but then it went AWOL for the first 10mins twas ok after that. However there was a 2min lag on it

And if I have to listen to that Hunt plank 1 more time I think I will go mad, why the hell was that part of their marketing?

sligoman2

I haven't had any issues with it since I upgraded my internet plan for more power.  I actually go with wifi from router to iPad to Apple TV to big screen.
Agree with hunt and the cork hurling strike from 20 years ago, not to mention the same bank of Ireland ad and the guy in London who wants to move to Ireland.I think gaago could do something more inventive during the breaks, maybe a quiz or something.  But the games themselves have been top class.

J70

Perhaps the internet signal strength IS an issue.

We have a plan which gives us up to 330 Mbps and the Roku app has been excellent. No issues whatsoever with buffering this year.