Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisboy

people need to get their facts right ,crettyard pulled their u13 first didnt want to play with killeshin the minute they could make a team by their own. when killeshin could have done that every year because  they had the numbers to make teams ,all this was instigated by  cretty  killeshin only pulled out of amalgation after cretty did this

High Fielder

It doesn't really matter who pulled the plug. Can it be resolved? It really needs to be, because expecting youngsters to pull on a different jersey depending on the way the wind blows is negligence.

laoisboy

i dont know cretty were egging at this for a while they knew what the consequence were if they did this ,they want to play with killeshin when they cant make a team. but when they could they didnt want to ,its all in or nothing can,t have it both ways i do feel sorry for the lads that had played all the way up together because a lot of them were friends ,on the other side killeshin left killeshin players on the line to accommodate cretty players ,a lot of bad blood now  .
dont think it will be resolved

High Fielder

And the same will happen in Na Fianna Og, who let's face it, also have a marriage of convenience. With four clubs involved, how can that ever succeed? There needs to be a settled and logical solution to our entire underage set up. Killeshin/Crettyard was working. There was nothing wrong with the arrangement. It benefitted them both, and for two relatively small clubs, they were developing players well. That's the bit that gets forgotten. Stephen Attride and Evan O'Carroll both played for the underage amalgamation, as did many others involved with Laois. With respect, neither club traditionally contributed much to the county. Now they do.

But look, throw that all away because you have enough to put out an Under 13 team. That makes all the sense in the world  ::)

laoisboy

i  agreed with you high fielder , buts its all or nothing all age groups play together ,not some when it suits ,cretty have a lot of good young players but very small number most teams only 3,4,5 at the most so cretty were getting  more benifit than killeshin but they did not see that way,
now this is whats are happening because they wanted to have one age group cretty only,

High Fielder

As I said above, Laois' infrastructure and its mechanics are a soap opera.

In these sort of arrangements, I have seen first hand the pressure that exists to get everyone on the field. People can no longer accept that their youngster, their player, does not deserve to start. So some bright spark said when we have enough of one age group, we'll register them as a single team. This is not the first time this has happened. I think this is what brought Ballylinan Genmore to its knees as well. It needs to be discussed at length and arrangements need to be set in stone. There is a feeling of Open Season about everything we do, and it's very divisive. Talk about area teams and players getting access to senior football can be shelved until this sort of nonsense is resolved

steven seagal

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on February 16, 2019, 07:23:57 PM
And that's all Killeen were doing too so that's OK then is it? People have been criticising Killeen since they started doing it but now suddenly it's all OK... Fair enough....

You're not comparing like with like Junior. Killeen proved to be the highest bidders and set the lads up with an address. They were established footballers at that stage. I've seen the flyer Killeshin sent out. Nowhere on it is anyone encouraged to leave Graiguecullen or transfer away from them. It just stated they were having a juvenile registration night, and new players were welcome.

You're comparing the active pursuit of a high-profile intercounty player with a club trying to inform potentially eligible young players in their catchment area that they can register with the club and play football.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on February 17, 2019, 09:24:02 AM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on February 16, 2019, 11:41:32 PM
Who are underage players in Crettyard gonna play with now?

Na Fianna Og,now a 4 club Juvenile amalgamation

Seemingly Crettyard are low in numbers but high in quality,I have no connection with either Killeshin or Crettyard,but what Killeshin did was shortsighted and plain wrong

Interesting times ahead too for Castletown, Slieve Bloom and the other na Fianna

That's gone tits up too?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Downtheroad

Quote from: High Fielder on February 17, 2019, 11:27:02 AM

In these sort of arrangements, I have seen first hand the pressure that exists to get everyone on the field. People can no longer accept that their youngster, their player, does not deserve to start. So some bright spark said when we have enough of one age group, we'll register them as a single team. This is not the first time this has happened. I think this is what brought Ballylinan Genmore to its knees as well. It needs to be discussed at length and arrangements need to be set in stone. There is a feeling of Open Season about everything we do, and it's very divisive. Talk about area teams and players getting access to senior football can be shelved until this sort of nonsense is resolved
Have to agree 100% Ballylinan went on their own a few years back due to one team initially pushing for it. The Rock split with St Pauls over one team. St Josephs and Barrowhouse probably over one player but it was hard to blame Barrowhouse. The word is that Crettyard pulled the trigger on their split with Killeshin while Kilcavan went on their own once they were able to. This is only football and hurling is probably similar.  Have to admire Stradbally Parish Gaels for going the distance. There is no problem with any club going on their own if they have the numbers but they can't have it everyway. Killeshin were dead right to pull the whole thing if Crettyard initiated the latest split. Why deal with a club who will let you down when it suits them.

clonadmad

Quote from: laoisboy on February 17, 2019, 10:25:34 AM
people need to get their facts right ,crettyard pulled their u13 first didnt want to play with killeshin the minute they could make a team bye their own. when killeshin could have done that every year because  they had the numbers to make teams ,all this was instigated by  cretty their age groups where they couldnt  killeshin only pulled out of amalgation after cretty did this

Did both killeshin and crettyard have enough at u13 for 2 seperate  teams?

If they had

surely there was no issue to keeping the amalgamation together and both clubs entering 2 seperate u13 teams,is it not all about giving lads game time rather than having 15 lads standing on a sideline

The other option was to put in 2 Killeshin /crettyard teams in u13 A and either B or C

Coiste na nOg and the County Board should be knocking heads together instead of wringing their hands

clonadmad

Quote from: Downtheroad on February 17, 2019, 06:48:57 PM

Have to agree 100% Ballylinan went on their own a few years back due to one team initially pushing for it. The Rock split with St Pauls over one team. St Josephs and Barrowhouse probably over one player but it was hard to blame Barrowhouse. The word is that Crettyard pulled the trigger on their split with Killeshin while Kilcavan went on their own once they were able to. This is only football and hurling is probably similar.  Have to admire Stradbally Parish Gaels for going the distance. There is no problem with any club going on their own if they have the numbers but they can't have it everyway. Killeshin were dead right to pull the whole thing if Crettyard initiated the latest split. Why deal with a club who will let you down when it suits them.

SPG came very close to disbanding last year over the Stradbally name in the team's name and no recognition of the other 2 clubs

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on February 17, 2019, 08:28:04 PM

SPG came very close to disbanding last year over the Stradbally name in the team's name and no recognition of the other 2 clubs
That and one club poaching another's players

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on February 17, 2019, 09:54:18 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on February 17, 2019, 08:28:04 PM

That and one club poaching another's players

Really Don

When was there poaching in the past few years?

SpeculativeEffort

Interesting to see signs in Portlaoise town trying to recruit players to Clonad. Similar situation to Killeshin going into Graigue?

laoisboy

killeshin & cretty always played together
clonadmad  and if they had 2 decent teams they could put a team in the A championship instead of the B championship if they were seperate it would be in the B championship ,the more exposure you give kids to high quality football the better they become
more so when they reach old age groups.
their were whispers last year of cretty joining with spink ,so i dont think cretty were happy with the set up
we have good county players for laois from crettyard&killeshin so i thought it was working good
for both clubs