The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I genuinely don't think people get annoyed about media bans.
I think the media get annoyed about media bans.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thewobbler

Quote from: Jinxy on February 15, 2018, 09:27:27 AM
I genuinely don't think people get annoyed about media bans.
I think the media get annoyed about media bans.

If it helps reduce the potential for high profile managers sucking money out of county boards, then I agree, stop interviewing them, stop building them and their tactics up.

Jinxy

I'm a big fan of GAA players/managers doing proper in-depth interviews, particularly on the radio or in print.
The stuff that is said immediately pre and post-game on live TV/radio is of no interest to me.

Hardy

The problem is that less Mickey and Jim means more Ó Sé, Dabollix etc.

Syferus

You say that as if Gavin is somehow an improvement. He's not.

BennyCake

I usually mute all interviews/punditry until the match starts. I just can't listen to all the tripe and shite talking

I can't even stand most of the commentary on matches, especially Ger Canning. The sooner there's a 'no commentary' option on matches, the better.

Main Street

RTE have reported that the microphone used by the outside broadcast unit to catch the crowd noise at sports events is broken.
In order that the sports viewing public will not be inconvenienced, RTE have decided on an active course of progressive efficiency and will now used canned crowd noise in future.  Not just canned crowd noise but genuine crowd noise recorded on cassette tapes from the attendance at each county ground.
How will this work?
when Dublin play somewhere outside the pale, the commentator will have a cassette player on hand, when the Dubs score he will press the play button and loud genuine Heffo's Army grunts of delight will be heard in the background by viewers.

RTE sports will also employ special sound effects, e.g. when the Dubs have a free awarded against them, the commentator will press another button and the viewers will hear loud boos as the free taker embarks on his run up to kick the ball, not ordinary boos but genuine authentic Hill 16 boos recorded one All Ireland day. 
When Tyrone players walk off the pitch after a defeat, the commentator will  place 2 or 3  small stones in an empty vessel and give it a good rattle.

mrdeeds

Watching League Sunday and wondering how is Pat Spillane still getting a gig. Marty Clarke young and fresh. To top it off went to add break with Justin Timberlake playing as a complete contrast to the old tired cliched Kerry lad. I know Lyster still there but he retiring.

straightred

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 18, 2018, 10:55:34 PM
Watching League Sunday and wondering how is Pat Spillane still getting a gig. Marty Clarke young and fresh. To top it off went to add break with Justin Timberlake playing as a complete contrast to the old tired cliched Kerry lad. I know Lyster still there but he retiring.

Brushed over the Moran incident but its a different story on social media with many calling for a 3 month ban similar to Connolly last year. Very similar incidents except maybe more contact today - today's issue was dealt with on the field with a black while Connolly's wasn't. This one could grow legs.....

Syferus

I'm just wondering what the over-under is on the number of times Clarke mentions he was in Australia, because it seems like it's going to be quite high.

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on March 21, 2018, 10:13:36 PM
I'm just wondering what the over-under is on the number of times Clarke mentions he was in Australia, because it seems like it's going to be quite high.

I agree with you there.  I think we will gave a pain in the ring of Marty by seasons end

Beffs

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 18, 2018, 10:55:34 PM

I know. The contrast in ages was very stark. Maybe it was the shiny & overly coiffed birds nest on top of MC's head, that stood out so much, in contrast to Spillane's grey head, that made me think of what an old, out dated geezer PS is. ( I'm not normally so shallow.  :P ) But the age gap was very apparent. Am not being deliberatley age-ist, but if Spillane's so called analysis wasn't as woeful as it is, we wouldn't have such a problem with the age contrast. It is, so we do.

Jinxy

If ever a man needed a championship haircut.

magpie seanie

Just to go back to our conversation of a month ago or so - TG4 showing 7, count em, 7 live games this weekend. How are they managing to do this? Fair play to them. Hand it all over to them I say.