Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

Sean Moore surely has to be given some league action with Laois next year . Very Impressive again last evening and has definitely filled out the past 18 months .
Ballylinan look a different animal with Walsh back in the frame.

Countyminor

Courtwood Ballylinan was one of the best club games I've seen in a while. Gary Walsh was left to do what he wanted and he did untold. Ballylinan are so much more dangerous now with him back, you wouldn't rule them out of reaching the county final. Niall Dunne's performance for Courtwood was absolutely brilliant. Such a class act, his fielding is unreal for a lad his age.

Jd

I was surprised that courtwood didn't put an extra defender back to close off the space. Ballylinan identified that and drew everyone out leaving Gary one on one and he made hay. Young Dunne was very good alright made a mockery of not starting for the u20s. Courtwood will feel they left it behind a bit. Niall Donoher even though he looked to be carrying an injury was absolutely class too

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Sunday's Results:

SFC Round 3                   
Emo                        1-10
Graiguecullen        1-14
            https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/08/25/the-scoreless-period-costs-emo-as-graiguecullen-march-on-to-the-last-eight/

St Joseph's             1-15
Ballyroan-Abbey    2-11
            https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/08/25/st-josephs-down-14-man-ballyroan-abbey-to-advance-to-quarter-finals/

Relegation Semi-Final      
Stradbally               1-14
The Heath               0-12
          https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/08/25/lawlor-to-the-fore-as-stradbally-survive-and-the-heath-head-for-relegation-final/

Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals
O'Dempsey's v Ballyfin
Portlaoise v St Joseph's
Portarlington v Graiguecullen
Killeshin v Ballylinan

Senior Football Championship Relegation Final
Crettyard v The Heath
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

Was only in yesterday for the two Round 3 games. Poor enough stuff. Fierce disappointed in BA. Thought they would show more benefit of some very good underage teams. Maybe a little too soon for some of them?
Same with Emo. They have brought through a few very good lads in recent years but Graigue were just a bit cuter. Wasn't much in it really though. Could Graigue catch Port too? Not impossible...

Unlaoised

Best tenner I ever spent was Saturday evening ballyfin and ballylinan wins ...they were incredible games

Sean Moore was pure class ...ballyfin got 4-15 from play
LAOIS ABÚ

BallyroanAbu

Courtwood Ballylinan second half was fantastic

Yep we were disappointing but nothing between the teams back to drawing board for us.

les Antiques

Ballyfin will give ODemseys plenty of it . Port and Graigue is a toss up . Attride and  Walsh will be an interesting dual , can see Ballylinan pulling through . Joes won't get within ten points of Portlaoise .

portlaoisekid

Am I correct to assume quarter finals will be played on the weekend of 7/8 September ?

merman

That's hurling weekend PK.
They'll be the following weekend. Format is alternate weekends with the EP weekend being left completely free.

portlaoisekid

Thanks Merman, totally forgot about Electric Picnic

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on August 26, 2019, 12:30:02 PM
Courtwood Ballylinan second half was fantastic.
No, it wasn't... :(
A bit of naivety on our part maybe. We really should have tried to tie up Gary Walsh a bit better than we did. But then again, we missed plenty at the other end too.
Not a bad draw for Ballylinan in the quarter final too. They'll know Killeshin well and it looks like another 50-50 game.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Joeythelips

Quote from: Unlaoised on August 26, 2019, 12:22:25 PM
Best tenner I ever spent was Saturday evening ballyfin and ballylinan wins ...they were incredible games

Sean Moore was pure class ...ballyfin got 4-15 from play

Pity there is no Laois senior manager to watch these games.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Joeythelips on August 29, 2019, 09:21:14 AM
Pity there is no Laois senior manager to watch these games.

You can be sure there are a couple of fellas snaking around watching games in the hope of impressing in an interview!
These are lucrative jobs, a fella could earn a sizeable 5 figure sum for himself after all!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Chrimtain

I suspect that the All Ireland Football Final replay will clash with the timing of Laois SFC Quarter Finals. I hope the CB will change the timing of throw ins so that people, who wish to, can see the televised replay as well as attend the quarter finals.