Mayo-2011

Started by Peter Solan the Great, October 13, 2010, 11:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boosabum

Danny Kirby looked good for Castlebar at the weekend. Be interesting to see if he plays on Sunday. He might be a bit young and raw yet.
There may be a lot of the lads mentioned already off playing with their colleges when during the FBD league, so it will be hard to see if they get game time to prove themselves, in the league or otherwise

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Lads its hard to tell how many of the old lads we should hold on to. Do we go the Roscommon approach and throw the baby out with the bathwater and bring in all you lads or keep a few experienced players to steady the boat. It has taken quite a few years for Rosommons approach to start to pay off and they are still only a lower middle ranking team. If we take the Roscommon kids appraoch we might be waiting for the next management team after Horans before we get any pay-off.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

REDCOL

County Meet-up last weekend, a few of last years panel not there, Kenneth o Malley, Kieran Conroy, Shane Nally, Ger Mc Donagh. Some New faces, Cathal Hallinan, R O Connor, J Gibbons, C O Connor, James Moran, R Feeney, R Hennelly. Around 40 players in total

Cosmo Kramer

Any particular reason why KOM wasn't there or is he likely to be out of the frame in the league if he's not in this 40? McDonagh and Conroy would be among those I would consider unlikely to be brought back for now.

I think Cillian O'Connor and Jason Gibbons could add something to the squad even as soon as next year.

Do you know if Keane from Westport was involved?
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Chimley

Shane Nally seems to be slipping down the pecking order at the moment. A good year at U21 might help him back on track.

REDCOL

Two more of last years panel not included, BJ Padden, L Keegan.

AbbeySider

Quote from: REDCOL on November 03, 2010, 03:07:06 PM
County Meet-up last weekend, a few of last years panel not there, Kenneth o Malley, Kieran Conroy, Shane Nally, Ger Mc Donagh. Some New faces, Cathal Hallinan, R O Connor, J Gibbons, C O Connor, James Moran, R Feeney, R Hennelly. Around 40 players in total

Tipperary's Declan Browne was also said to be showcasing his stuff. I'm surprised you missed that one REDCOL

REDCOL

Is it the Third secret of Fatima Abbeysider, maybe we shouldnt discuss the new setup at all, and pass the winter fighting with PSTG

RedandGreenSniper

I'm told players are being brought in periodically and given programmes. One of our lads was in last week, was sent on his way with a programme and to report back in January. Another lad due in next week. I'd say its very hard to judge who is in or not in terms of long term.

Are there trials due to take place as well does anyone know?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

muppet

Quote from: AbbeySider on November 06, 2010, 08:31:03 PM

Tipperary's Declan Browne was also said to be showcasing his stuff. I'm surprised you missed that one REDCOL

What the story there?
MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on November 07, 2010, 03:42:18 PM

What the story there?

Ha ha ha, thats that old story that has been coming out every 2 or 3 years for the last decade, sure the lad must be 32 or 33 by now. Why does this old chestnut keep coming up, is he of Mayo stock or what? By the way I don't believe it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

RedandGreenSniper

Ed Coughlan (the new strength and conditioning coach) is from Tipp. Maybe he had Browne up for some purpose? Definitely nothing to do with a move, I'd put my house on that.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

AbbeySider

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on November 09, 2010, 01:24:20 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 07, 2010, 03:42:18 PM
What the story there?
Ha ha ha, thats that old story that has been coming out every 2 or 3 years for the last decade, sure the lad must be 32 or 33 by now. Why does this old chestnut keep coming up, is he of Mayo stock or what? By the way I don't believe it.
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on November 09, 2010, 01:05:18 PM
Ed Coughlan (the new strength and conditioning coach) is from Tipp. Maybe he had Browne up for some purpose? Definitely nothing to do with a move, I'd put my house on that.

My tongue was firmly in cheek with the Declan Browne statement!  ;)

For various reasons its is one of those names that pops up every now and again. :D

I threw it in out out of devilment and because it seems no more inaccurate than some of the names that have been posted here in the last week or so.

REDCOL

If I have put any innaccurate information on the forum please feel free to correct it Abbeysider, It was not my intention to mislead anyone. I have spoken to a few of the lads and they are very impressed with the new setup.

AbbeySider

Quote from: REDCOL on November 09, 2010, 02:22:08 PM
If I have put any innaccurate information on the forum please feel free to correct it Abbeysider, It was not my intention to mislead anyone. I have spoken to a few of the lads and they are very impressed with the new setup.

I have to be honest and say I dont see the point REDCOL, its far too early.
There have been no trial games so everyone involved last year, as well as new guys being given work to do over the winter, will be given a fair chance. We could be naming 60+ players.

We should just give the new management a chance and see what happens at trials and FBD before we can comment.  ;)