The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Passion > petrodollars
Soul > slavery

We are about to ascend to our rightful place as Kings Of Europe yet again.

angermanagement

Manchester City are like Oscar Pistorius -

Lost both legs but still managed 4 shots on target.

RedHand88

Hi your man Salah isn't half bad is he?

BennyHarp

Roma v Liverpool final would be a nostalgic one. If it went to penalties Karius would have to produce the wobbly legs.

https://youtu.be/U6vaEngvA2M
That was never a square ball!!

redhandofgod

Ive no love for City but the referee's absolutely shafted them over the 2 legs!!

RedHand88

Quote from: redhandofgod on April 11, 2018, 08:31:49 AM
Ive no love for City but the referee's absolutely shafted them over the 2 legs!!

No. City had 4 shots on target across the two legs, Liverpool scored 5 goals. It was no contest. People need to stop blaming the referee for City falling 5 goals short.

ned

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 11, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

No. City had 4 shots on target across the two legs, Liverpool scored 5 goals. It was no contest. People need to stop blaming the referee for City falling 5 goals short.

If the ref had done his job it would only have been three! 😋

TabClear

Would Liverpool be in this position if they had kept Coutinho and not signed VVD? Defensively they are much superior to the team pre Christmas.

I can understand City feeling aggrieved about the two decisions  that  were definitely incorrect. Salah in first leg and Sane last night. Both decisions went in Liverpool's favour and more importantly were at crucial times in the tie. City two up at halftime last night I would have fancied them.

Anyway, couldn't care less. We have had dodgy decisions go against us this season, it happens. Irrespective of what I said above the record books will show Liverpool were 4 goals better over the two legs.

I think I want Roma in the draw as If we could beat them and get to the final I would prefer the other teams in a one off game. Would have loved Barca in the semi if only to see Luis return to Anfield!

RedHand88

Quote from: ned on April 11, 2018, 09:42:33 AM

If yer ma had balls she'd be your da!

ned

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 11, 2018, 09:53:10 AM

My point exactly. Liverpool walloped City in the first leg, should have scored more than three. Liverpool seemed to be able to restrict their clear cut chances last night. Fully deserved. Let's hope Sevilla do it tonight also. Juventus won't overturn their deficit but would like to see less of the usual suspects in the semis.

RedHand88

Quote from: ned on April 11, 2018, 10:25:53 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 11, 2018, 09:53:10 AM

My point exactly. Liverpool walloped City in the first leg, should have scored more than three. Liverpool seemed to be able to restrict their clear cut chances last night. Fully deserved. Let's hope Sevilla do it tonight also. Juventus won't overturn their deficit but would like to see less of the usual suspects in the semis.

I just want it to be Friday already to we see the draw.

Minder

The "Klopp is no better than Rodgers" doesent seem like a thing as much these days
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

north_antrim_hound

Why is pep mentioning the off side goal at Anfield and the disallowed goal last night as the reason they lost
Don't have a degree in mathematics but do we not still win with away goals etc
Have some friends who are  mancs and that's all they want to talk about
Not the foul on VVD for the first goal or sterling clearly diving twice last night
I don't buy this theory that if second goal was allowed Man City go on to score one more and keep Liverpool scoreless in second half
For what it's worth I thought karius was to blame for both goals last night and Liverpool still needs a keeper come the summer
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

TabClear

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 11, 2018, 11:56:31 AM
Why is pep mentioning the off side goal at Anfield and the disallowed goal last night as the reason they lost
Not the foul on VVD for the first goal or sterling clearly diving twice last night
I don't buy this theory that if second goal was allowed Man City go on to score one more and keep Liverpool scoreless in second half
For what it's worth I thought karius was to blame for both goals last night and Liverpool still needs a keeper come the summer

Think it's hsrsh to blame Karius for the first. The offside incident definitely. And that's the problem and why I agree we need a keeper as well. He has played reasonably well of late but you cannot keep making those types of errors.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: TabClear on April 11, 2018, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 11, 2018, 11:56:31 AM

Think it's hsrsh to blame Karius for the first. The offside incident definitely. And that's the problem and why I agree we need a keeper as well. He has played reasonably well of late but you cannot keep making those types of errors.

Prior to karius rolling the ball out you can clearly see VVD to hold the ball or go long
VVD and Milner I think it was seen the city players pressing up and told karius not to go to them
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets