Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

do you think drink was involved?

Four arrested after scaling crane 

One of the men is seen outside the cab 
Four men have been arrested after they scaled a massive crane in Belfast city centre.
A number of roads were closed in the area for sveral hours while a rescue operation was launched.

Members of the Fire Service's rescue support unit helped take the men down the crane, which is on the site for a new hotel off Bedford Street.

One of the men was seen sitting out on the arm of the crane, which is hundreds of feet up.

A number of fire appliances attended the scene and police cordoned off several streets in the city centre.

No doubt if one of them had of been killed they would have sued someone

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

They should have been thrown off the top of the crane
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

balladmaker

One of them demanded a pizza as a condition of leaving the crane!!!  Drunk or not...tossers!

Gnevin

Marijuana vending machines in US
Cannabis bundle
Eleven US states allow medical marijuana on doctors' orders
Vending machines distributing the drug marijuana are to begin operating in the US state of California.

The machines can only be used by people who have been prescribed the drug for health reasons.

Patients will have to provide a prescription, and be fingerprinted and photographed before being allowed to use the facilities.

Eleven US states allow the medicinal use of marijuana, primarily for pain relief, but it remains controversial.

Vince Mehdizadeh, owner of the Herbal Nutrition Centre in Los Angeles, where one of the two first machines is based, said it would allow patients to buy extra supplies whenever needed.

Series of checks

Once the users have been photographed, fingerprinted and have shown their prescription, they will be issued with a card which can be used in the machines, he told KWTX News 10 in the US.

"They'll be greeted by a security guard right there. They'll slide the card in and they'll fingerprint in to verify that it's them," he was quoted by KWTX News 10 as saying.

"A camera takes a picture of them, verifying that they're actually at the machine. And they get the medicine and they move on."

The operators think that vending machines issuing prescription drugs could become a common sight in the US.

Proponents say marijauna is a valuable tool for relieving pain and stimulating appetite in the sick.

However, it remains banned by the 1970 Controlled Substances Act and the US federal government does not currently recognise any legitimate medical use
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7212778.stm
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

stephenite

So there we were, just about to head to bed on bank holiday Monday night when I noticed the police helicopter circling above, noticed that the spotlight was concentrating on my backyard and the ones to left, right, and on the street behind us. Was watching this with interest when herself comes down to tell me that there are a load of squad cars out in the street – this went on for a while and pretty soon some police officers came over the fence into our yard, opened the door to tell them that the back shed had no lock, they took out their guns and crept down the garden, shone the flashlight into the shed window and then went in, all clear. One of the police asked if he could come through the house to get back onto the road.

Went back down to our sunroom and was watching the chopper spotlight (which had by now moved down a couple of streets) and I see this man in a t-shirt tip toeing from one side of the house into the backyard no more than 3 feet from me, heart leapt and I was up the hall way and out into the street to get the police – they all piled into the house and out into the yard, 2 minutes later 3 big lads came in with massive Alsatians straining at the leash and the helicopter spotlight was now back shining directly at our yard. They had a pretty good look and found some footprints, sent the dog in under the house to ensure that he wasn't in there – gave us the all clear again. Helicopters and squad cars stayed in the area for another hour or so – media report below. Knackered this morning

From smh.com.au

TWO police officers are in hospital following a manhunt for armed robbers in Sydney's north-east.
Police say one male offender remains on the run and three are in custody following an armed robbery at Gladesville.
A police helicopter and a dog squad joined the manhunt after four men allegedly entered a licensed club in Ryde Rd about 10.30pm (AEDT) last night.
The offenders, one allegedly brandishing a firearm, threatened several people inside the premises before failing to steal an ATM.
Police say they did steal a sum of cash before fleeing the scene in a Mitsubishi Evo.
A short time later, officers sighted the car and pursued it into nearby Summer Hill before it crashed into another car.
The men allegedly fled on foot while the 52-year-old female driver of the other car escaped the crash uninjured.
A massive search involving PolAir and police dogs located the men aged 20, 25 and 31.
Police are questioning the men and continue their search for the alleged fourth offender.
The two police officers who responded to the incident were injured when their vehicle left the road and struck a pole at Ashfield about 10.45pm.
Both officers sustained back and neck injuries and were taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for treatment

EDIT : One of the arrested is also to be charged with animal cruelty having punched the police dog when apprehended

Puckoon

Quote from: stephenite on January 29, 2008, 12:32:26 AM
So there we were, just about to head to bed on bank holiday Monday night when I noticed the police helicopter circling above, noticed that the spotlight was concentrating on my backyard and the ones to left, right, and on the street behind us. Was watching this with interest when herself comes down to tell me that there are a load of squad cars out in the street – this went on for a while and pretty soon some police officers came over the fence into our yard, opened the door to tell them that the back shed had no lock, they took out their guns and crept down the garden, shone the flashlight into the shed window and then went in, all clear. One of the police asked if he could come through the house to get back onto the road.

Went back down to our sunroom and was watching the chopper spotlight (which had by now moved down a couple of streets) and I see this man in a t-shirt tip toeing from one side of the house into the backyard no more than 3 feet from me, heart leapt and I was up the hall way and out into the street to get the police – they all piled into the house and out into the yard, 2 minutes later 3 big lads came in with massive Alsatians straining at the leash and the helicopter spotlight was now back shining directly at our yard. They had a pretty good look and found some footprints, sent the dog in under the house to ensure that he wasn't in there – gave us the all clear again. Helicopters and squad cars stayed in the area for another hour or so – media report below. Knackered this morning

From smh.com.au

TWO police officers are in hospital following a manhunt for armed robbers in Sydney's north-east.
Police say one male offender remains on the run and three are in custody following an armed robbery at Gladesville.
A police helicopter and a dog squad joined the manhunt after four men allegedly entered a licensed club in Ryde Rd about 10.30pm (AEDT) last night.
The offenders, one allegedly brandishing a firearm, threatened several people inside the premises before failing to steal an ATM.
Police say they did steal a sum of cash before fleeing the scene in a Mitsubishi Evo.
A short time later, officers sighted the car and pursued it into nearby Summer Hill before it crashed into another car.
The men allegedly fled on foot while the 52-year-old female driver of the other car escaped the crash uninjured.
A massive search involving PolAir and police dogs located the men aged 20, 25 and 31.
Police are questioning the men and continue their search for the alleged fourth offender.
The two police officers who responded to the incident were injured when their vehicle left the road and struck a pole at Ashfield about 10.45pm.
Both officers sustained back and neck injuries and were taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital for treatment

EDIT : One of the arrested is also to be charged with animal cruelty having punched the police dog when apprehended

Rough night Stephenite. We had a guy go crazy in reno last year, knifed his ex-wife to death and then shot his divorce judge from a car park through the reno courthouse window. Of course the whole scenario was played out on tv, and Mrs Puck was at home while I was working. A news report was released that this murderers car had been abandoned in our neighbourhood and that everyone was instructed to lock down their houses. The panic alert I recieved from the wife was second to none, I wish Id have saved the voicemail.

I dont understand how you can charge the guy with punching the alsation. I mean if the fecking thing has a hold of you its completely intuitive!

stephenite

It was all a bit exciting really - you know that they're dangerous feckers but you kind of also know that the chances of you getting a bullet yourself are fairly slim. Crimes of passion are a different kettle of fish and I can only imagine the panic alert you received from Missus Puck

Tyrones own

QuoteI dont understand how you can charge the guy with punching the alsation. I mean if the fecking thing has a hold of you its completely intuitive!

Hitting a police dog is the very same thing as hitting a cop Puck regardless of the situation,
   And something else i just learned the other day is that if you damage a cop car in any way
   and the damage surpasses $500, it's a felony against you :o 
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stephenite

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 29, 2008, 03:49:38 AM

QuoteI dont understand how you can charge the guy with punching the alsation. I mean if the fecking thing has a hold of you its completely intuitive!

Hitting a police dog is the very same thing as hitting a cop Puck regardless of the situation,
   And something else i just learned the other day is that if you damage a cop car in any way
   and the damage surpasses $500, it's a felony against you :o 

I was just wondering about that, if this was to happen in the states would he be charged with assaulting a police officer/resisting arrest for thumping the dog? Or is it just straight cruelty to animals?

Tyrones own

Assault on an officer, nothing's taken lightly here when it comes to the "K9 officers"
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

AZOffaly

Quote from: Puckoon on January 29, 2008, 01:49:50 AM

From smh.com.au

Rough night Stephenite. We had a guy go crazy in reno last year, knifed his ex-wife to death and then shot his divorce judge from a car park through the reno courthouse window. Of course the whole scenario was played out on tv, and Mrs Puck was at home while I was working. A news report was released that this murderers car had been abandoned in our neighbourhood and that everyone was instructed to lock down their houses. The panic alert I recieved from the wife was second to none, I wish Id have saved the voicemail.

I dont understand how you can charge the guy with punching the alsation. I mean if the fecking thing has a hold of you its completely intuitive!

Puck, was that the big ex bodybuilder? Mack or something? He wounded the judge? I read about that. I think he gave himself up in MExico or somewhere?

Hardy

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 29, 2008, 03:49:38 AM
   Hitting a police dog is the very same thing as hitting a cop

But not half as satisfying. (I'd imagine).

Puckoon

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 29, 2008, 09:59:57 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 29, 2008, 01:49:50 AM

From smh.com.au

Puck, was that the big ex bodybuilder? Mack or something? He wounded the judge? I read about that. I think he gave himself up in MExico or somewhere?

AZ, Yeah, Darren Mack. Lunatic and swinger extrordinaire. Was estranged from the wife, was living the swinging lifestyle and just went bananas. He shot the judge through his office window with a high powered rifle from across the street in a parking garage. The whole downtown was shut down as the cops thought we had a sniper going after public figures.
He gave himself up and is now sueing his first trial laywer team as he said they coerced him to plead insanity.

TO - Was it at least worth it?

GaillimhIarthair

Eddie O'Sullivan  >:( >:( >:( >:( ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Brian O'Driscoll will win his 80th cap for Ireland this Saturday when he leads the team out to play Italy in Croke Park in the opening game of the 2008 RBS 6 Nations Championship.

Coach Eddie O'Sullivan has named Geordan Murphy on the left wing, with Ulster's Andrew Trimble named on the right wing.  At halfback, Ronan O'Gara will continue his partnership with Eoin Reddan, who was named at scrumhalf to win his sixth cap for Ireland.

In the forwards, Prop John Hayes will also be reaching the landmark of 80 caps for Ireland in a front row that sees the return of Rory Best to the starting line-up.

Malcolm O'Kelly also returns to the starting fifteen to extend his Ireland caps record to 92.

Speaking about his team selection, Eddie O'Sullivan said: 'There were a couple of difficult calls to make. The front row was hard because Rory has played very well since recovering from injury, but Jackman pushed him close.

'We looked at Jamie Heaslip because of his form but on balance we decided to leave the back row as it is. Scrum-half was a tight call as well. It could have gone either way between Reddan and Stringer.'

Ireland team to play Italy in the RBS 6 Nations at Croke Park on Saturday 2 February at Croke Park.

15 Girvan Dempsey, 14 Andrew Trimble, 13 Brian O'Driscoll, (capt), 12 Gordon D'Arcy, 11 Geordan Murphy, 10 Ronan O'Gara, 9 Eoin Reddan.

1 Marcus Horan, 2, Rory Best,  3 John Hayes, 4, Donnacha O'Callaghan, 5 Malcolm O'Kelly, 6 Simon Easterby, 7 David Wallace, 8 Denis Leamy.

Replacements: 16, Bernard Jackman, 17, Tony Buckley, 18 Mick O'Driscoll, 19, Jamie Heaslip, 20, Peter Stringer, 21, Paddy Wallace, 22 Robert Kearney.

Not considered: Jerry Flannery, Paul O'Connell.