Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gabriel_Hurl

Puckoon

Well sure if we were all the same Pints would have nobody to fall out with.

full back

Death row Scot set to be released 

Kenny Richey had been facing a retrial after two appeals
A Scottish man who has spent 20 years on death row in the US for the murder of a two-year-old girl is set to be freed after agreeing a plea bargain.
Kenny Richey, whose conviction was overturned, will plead no contest to attempted involuntary manslaughter and child endangering.

He was convicted in 1987 of an arson attack on an apartment block in an Ohio town which killed Cynthia Collins.

It is thought he will enter a plea on Thursday and then return to Scotland.

The plea would see him being sentenced to time already served.

I always knew this day would come, it is just that when it happened it happened so quickly

Karen Torley
Kenny Richey campaign

His conviction was overturned on appeal for the second time by a US court in August this year, bringing the prospect of a retrial.

Richey's lawyer Ken Parsigian said: "It is a complete victory and more than Kenny and I could ever wish for.

"Kenny is thrilled but a little nervous."

Mr Parsigian said Richey had spoken to his mother Eileen, who lives in Edinburgh, his father and his brother.

They were said to be "delighted" with the news.

Two-year-old Cynthia Collins died in the fire in 1986

A no contest plea is not an admission of guilt, but a statement that no defence will be presented.

It is treated like a guilty plea by courts.

Mr Parsigian said the plea deal was "as close to the state admitting it was wrong as we are going to get".

He added that Richey was planning to fly back to Edinburgh on Friday.

Karen Torley, his ex-fiancée and head of the Kenny Richey Campaign, said the plea was a face-saving exercise for prosecutors.

She said Richey was upbeat but anxious about the journey home.

"I always knew this day would come, it is just that when it happened it happened so quickly and out of the blue. It took your breath away," she added.

Nobody can expect him to trust a system that already got it so terribly wrong - but it's an insane process nevertheless

Clive Stafford Smith
Reprieve

Campaign group Reprieve has been working for years to secure Richey's release.

Reprieve's legal director Clive Stafford Smith said the case epitomized what was wrong with capital punishment.

Mr Stafford Smith said: "An innocent man gets a death sentence because he had an incompetent lawyer at trial, his conviction is reversed two decades later, and then he has to enter a plea to avoid a second death sentence.

"It was the right thing to do - nobody can expect him to trust a system that already got it so terribly wrong - but it's an insane process nevertheless."

Richey had always denied murdering his former girlfriend's two-year-old daughter, Cynthia Collins.

He was found guilty of starting a fire at the toddler's mother's apartment in the town of Columbus Grove in 1986.

The case has attracted appeals on Richey's behalf from Pope John Paul II and the former Archbishop of Canterbury.

johnneycool

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 17, 2007, 03:58:45 PM
Right what the f**k should i do  ???

A fella i know was let go a few weeks ago so i offered him a weeks work this week...He was suppose to call to my house this morning at 7am..I tried ringing him and I waited till 8am and still no sign so i just had to head off to work
At 1 o'clock today he rings and says sorry that he overslept and he slept thru his alarm  and that he was dying with a hangover and then wanted to know where we would be working tomorrow,I said i'd let him know...
What should i do? The fella is out of work but because it's the week before christmas i felt sorry for him and i have enough work for two so i gave him a weeks work..then he doesn't turn up on the first day and spent all day yesterday on the booze when he knew i wanted him early on monday morning
Should i give him work for the rest of the week or should i say f**k off i gave you a chance and you blew it..Thing is i was going to be looking to employ someone in the new year anyways and thought if he was any good i take him on full time 

I have a mate who employed a few lads in the states who were fierce beerheads, prone to not turning up the odd monday and the likes so what he did was he'd pay them $100 (example) a day if they worked 5 days in the week but if they only worked 4 he'd pay them $75 a day. He said their attendance at work improved no end.

gerry

I was jogging, says nude priest

A US clergyman claimed to have been jogging nude after being arrested for indecent exposure.

The Reverend Robert Whipkey was arrested in a suburb of Denver, Colorado, after an officer saw him walking on a street naked at 4.35am.

He told police he jogged naked because he sweated heavily if he wore clothes.

He will now go on trial before a jury in March next year.

Whipkey served three parishes in Colorado but was placed on administrative leave by the Archdiocese of Denver after his arrest.

The archdiocese said Whipkey was investigated for "inappropriate personal behaviour" more than eight years ago.

(All he had to say was that he was Ziggys mate in training for Greencastle 5km on St Stephen's day)

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

the green man

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

:D It would have been a great ending if he got his block knocked off.

stephenite

Quote from: Puckoon on December 22, 2007, 04:17:32 PM
:D It would have been a great ending if he got his block knocked off.

Thought it was classic meself :D

Square Ball

what a guy!!

anyone ring him? Is there anyone here think that a board member could sort him out?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

"Let proper f**king men fight! Classic.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.