Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Just read them all there in the meantime. Makes no difference. You on some sort of power kick or just jealous? Was outside of work hours and none of your business. You're lucky you didn't get a well deserved slap in mouth.

Donagh

Quote from: Mentalman on November 20, 2007, 04:00:58 PM
Quote from: Donagh on November 20, 2007, 03:51:36 PM
Haven't read all the posts, but FFS! A girl and bloke out at night for a few drinks and a bit of craic and their manager from work approaches them and tells them to curtail their behaviour? Maybe you should set up CCTV cameras in your employees' bedrooms to make sure they aren't having sex with bicycles at night. Mind your own business you nosey fecker.

Well maybe you should read all the posts then before proffering an opinion? Whether they want to shag the living daylights out of one another while covered in marmalade is neither here nor there in the context of what happened.

What context? Two people of their own free will were messing about outside of work hours and some little Hitler from the office on a power trip starts mouthing off?

"None of your business pal, now us all a favour and  f**k off"

Mentalman

Quote from: Donagh on November 20, 2007, 04:01:44 PM
Just read them all there in the meantime. Makes no difference. You on some sort of power kick or just jealous? Was outside of work hours and none of your business. You're lucky you didn't get a well deserved slap in mouth.

So he should just ignore the complaints from his two other staff members? Let them go to HR, reporting they lodged a complaint with him, not only that but he witnessed it too, putting his own job at risk? Never mind the fact your man would have tried to make a liar of him? Right enough.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Donagh

Quote from: Mentalman on November 20, 2007, 04:06:39 PM
So he should just ignore the complaints from his two other staff members? Let them go to HR, reporting they lodged a complaint with him, not only that but he witnessed it too, putting his own job at risk? Never mind the fact your man would have tried to make a liar of him? Right enough.

Aye, if that actually did happen I'd tell them to feck off as well. Wasn't in work time so had feck all to do with him or anyone else. Tell them to stick their nosey, Yankee, I'm owned by the company, Big Brother loving noses somewhere else. While you're at it tell them to get the f**k out of Iraq and Afghanistan, that's none of their business either. f**king Yanks. WTF?

Mentalman

Quote from: Donagh on November 20, 2007, 04:13:10 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on November 20, 2007, 04:06:39 PM

Aye, if that actually did happen I'd tell them to feck off as well. Wasn't in work time so had feck all to do with him or anyone else. Tell them to stick their nosey, Yankee, I'm owned by the company, Big Brother loving noses somewhere else. While you're at it tell them to get the f**k out of Iraq and Afghanistan, that's none of their business either. f**king Yanks. WTF?

:D

Just listening to a tune you'd like Donagh, Rendition by the Manics.

Rois

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 03:50:56 PM
She lied about getting groped by her boss and by doing so discredited me, she is not being punished harshly rois. Why is it ok to hut an innocent party? forget that it is me, why is that ok?

I'll refer you to what I said in my earlier post - now I'm just thinking along the same lines as someone who has been at the receiving end of some unwanted advances very recently at a work do, not from a colleague but from a potential client.

Quote from: Rois on November 20, 2007, 03:26:33 PM
...she's obviously good friends with him as well, she must not have been overly offended at his actions and understandably probably thinks that it's up to her whether it goes any further or not...

I can see that you're upset that she has implied you're lying and I understand why.  Has she formally communicated that you've "lied" to HR?  
I expect a manager to have some element of people skills and to empathise as far as possible - from what I've read on here, you've just jumped immediately to the defensive of your own position instead of trying to see things from her side and trying to exmplain to her the implications of what she's said.  The fact that she texted you to try to sort it out suggest that she is possibly beginning to understand, and that you refused to discuss it reflects rather badly in my opinion on your role as her manager.

Will caveat all of this by saying that there's obviously details that we don't know on here, and only you know the individual circumstances Stew.  

stew

Quote from: Donagh on November 20, 2007, 04:04:08 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on November 20, 2007, 04:00:58 PM
Quote from: Donagh on November 20, 2007, 03:51:36 PM
Haven't read all the posts, but FFS! A girl and bloke out at night for a few drinks and a bit of craic and their manager from work approaches them and tells them to curtail their behaviour? Maybe you should set up CCTV cameras in your employees' bedrooms to make sure they aren't having sex with bicycles at night. Mind your own business you nosey fecker.

Well maybe you should read all the posts then before proffering an opinion? Whether they want to shag the living daylights out of one another while covered in marmalade is neither here nor there in the context of what happened.

What context? Two people of their own free will were messing about outside of work hours and some little Hitler from the office on a power trip starts mouthing off?

[/quote]

Dead on, so I will ignore the complaints from their co-workers, forgewt the fact that they sent me the video, I wont go to HR and I will get sacked and hurt my own family because Donagh thinks I am a jealous nazi.

I am going to loook after number one, I was prepared to try and work with him and instead he fcuked me. if you cant see that you are a monkey Donagh and if he had tried to hit me a slap I would have broke his two f**king legs.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Rois on November 20, 2007, 04:17:49 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 03:50:56 PM
She lied about getting groped by her boss and by doing so discredited me, she is not being punished harshly rois. Why is it ok to hut an innocent party? forget that it is me, why is that ok?

I'll refer you to what I said in my earlier post - now I'm just thinking along the same lines as someone who has been at the receiving end of some unwanted advances very recently at a work do, not from a colleague but from a potential client.

Quote from: Rois on November 20, 2007, 03:26:33 PM
...she's obviously good friends with him as well, she must not have been overly offended at his actions and understandably probably thinks that it's up to her whether it goes any further or not...

I can see that you're upset that she has implied you're lying and I understand why.  Has she formally communicated that you've "lied" to HR?  
I expect a manager to have some element of people skills and to empathise as far as possible - from what I've read on here, you've just jumped immediately to the defensive of your own position instead of trying to see things from her side and trying to exmplain to her the implications of what she's said.  The fact that she texted you to try to sort it out suggest that she is possibly beginning to understand, and that you refused to discuss it reflects rather badly in my opinion on your role as her manager.

Will caveat all of this by saying that there's obviously details that we don't know on here, and only you know the individual circumstances Stew.  

I explained the circumstances, do you not think I tried??? she stuck to the story and given the complaints from others I did what i had to do. I am not going to fall on the sword while they make me out to be liars.

She admitted that i wasnt lying to HR. Thats all she would say.

full back

You still going to walk her down the aisle stew?
What about her fiance?

ludermor

did you talk to her before you called yer man in? Did you get the video before meetng yer man and talking to her?

Rois

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 04:24:41 PM

Then I can't understand who she's making out to that you're lying if she told HR you weren't lying.

Ah jeez I know that it must be really difficult for you Stew but to me, it seemed like she just panicked.  

stew

Quote from: Rois on November 20, 2007, 04:33:49 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 04:24:41 PM

Then I can't understand who she's making out to that you're lying if she told HR you weren't lying.

Ah jeez I know that it must be really difficult for you Stew but to me, it seemed like she just panicked.  

she lied to me twice and then when HR came in she told them I didnt lie.

I would still walk her down the isle surely, she still wants me to.

Donagh

Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 04:22:08 PM

Dead on, so I will ignore the complaints from their co-workers, forgewt the fact that they sent me the video, I wont go to HR and I will get sacked and hurt my own family because Donagh thinks I am a jealous nazi.

I am going to loook after number one, I was prepared to try and work with him and instead he fcuked me. if you cant see that you are a monkey Donagh and if he had tried to hit me a slap I would have broke his two f**king legs.

Catch yourself on Stew. This whole thread is about you and your reaction to seeing some girl who you think owes you something doing something that you don't like. Well she doesn't and if she wants to suck the milk from rats udders every night with her tea then it's got fcuk all to do with you or your company.

Mentalman

Quote from: Donagh on November 20, 2007, 04:49:34 PM

if she wants to suck the milk from rats udders every night with her tea then it's got fcuk all to do with you or your company.

Leave Heather Mills McCarthney out of this....

Puckoon

Quote from: Donagh on November 20, 2007, 04:49:34 PM
Quote from: stew on November 20, 2007, 04:22:08 PM

Catch yourself on Stew. This whole thread is about you and your reaction to seeing some girl who you think owes you something doing something that you don't like. Well she doesn't and if she wants to suck the milk from rats udders every night with her tea then it's got fcuk all to do with you or your company.

Thats unfortunately where you dont know your arse from your elbow donagh.