Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: NAG1 on August 06, 2021, 10:59:47 AM
Where does the Grealish move leave our 'Arry now?

I would have thought even for City another 150m might be a bit much, or do they just bring both in and go for it?

We know that spurs won't let him go cheap.

How long before we see Grealish back at Villa? I'd say he'll return at a fraction of the £100m within two years.

lurganblue

So Pep already on saying that they bought Grealish because they thought that they couldnt get Messi.  Great way to start

gawa316

Lukaku back the league with a 97 mil price tag...stats say he'll get you a goal every other game. I'd like Michael Edwards to make a cheeky bid for Timo...although he has an awful first season I still think he'd thrive in a Klopp side

J70

Will Chelsea set up to get the best out of Lukaku?

For all the massive transfer money spent on him, he's never really convinced that he's an elite striker.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2021, 05:18:44 PM

For all the massive transfer money spent on him, he's never really convinced that he's an elite striker.

Bit of a flat track bully. Scores lots against junk teams.

J70

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on August 08, 2021, 05:22:05 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 08, 2021, 05:18:44 PM

Bit of a flat track bully. Scores lots against junk teams.

Those kind of goals are important, obviously.

But for that kind of money you'd hope he'll also be doing it in CL knock-out and against the big EPL teams.

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on August 07, 2021, 08:16:27 PM
Lukaku back the league with a 97 mil price tag...stats say he'll get you a goal every other game. I'd like Michael Edwards to make a cheeky bid for Timo...although he has an awful first season I still think he'd thrive in a Klopp side

Yes, I'd like to see Liverpool try him.

Milltown Row2

So with Liverpool back to the team they dominated the Championship so much,  where will they find themselves on the last day in the points? Top? 2nd?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 08, 2021, 08:02:37 PM
So with Liverpool back to the team they dominated the Championship so much,  where will they find themselves on the last day in the points? Top? 2nd?

I might be biased but I do fancy liverpool this year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 08, 2021, 08:19:03 PM

I might be biased but I do fancy liverpool this year.

Signings wise obviously City have the jump on most, but defending a title is difficult
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SHEEDY

City, Liverpool, Man utd and Chelsea all to finish in top 4 was 2/1 on paddy power, a sure thing?
nil satis nisi optimum

nrico2006

Dunno. No Wijnaldum and VVD might not be the same. That team of theirs is two years older too, only so long that style of play can be maintained. Mane looks done too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

johnnycool

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 08, 2021, 11:12:53 PM

Dunno. No Wijnaldum and VVD might not be the same. That team of theirs is two years older too, only so long that style of play can be maintained. Mane looks done too.

More time between games might help, but the high press will need more use of a panel than Klopp usually does but in fairness if you look to the bench and see Origi, Shaqiri looking back at you, you'll tell Mane and Salah to keep going.

Klopp needs another go to player for the top three to keep them fresh. If he doesn't get one then the goals will dry up soon enough.

Capt Pat

Ziyech proving he is as frail as he looks. He disloated his shoulder by another player leaning into him in the air. It looks like he will miss a few weeks for Chelsea.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: SHEEDY on August 08, 2021, 09:07:31 PM
City, Liverpool, Man utd and Chelsea all to finish in top 4 was 2/1 on paddy power, a sure thing?

That was my thinking after last season ended. I think Utd will finish 4th.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.