Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 07, 2018, 10:31:53 PM
Bringing personal grievances about Harte into a GAA forum and dressing it up as comments on his contribution to Tyrone GAA and ability as a football manager is just cowardly. Most people here want to discuss football matters but many's a debate has ended up in a few lads throwing personal abuse at  the manager. I blocked STG a few weeks ago but still see his posts on those who quote him. He's admitted that it's not about Harte the manager, it is about Harte the man - well I personally couldn't give a flying fcuk what anyone's personal views on people are. This is a football thread and not a bitching thread...Hartes decisions have been criticised here and rightly so by the more logical posters and debate on that is great. However some of the personal stuff just has no place on a county gaa forum and thankfully it's died down as Mickey once again has managed to silence alot of the critics.
You can sum it all up in 3 words.  East Tyrone Jealousy!

RedHand88

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 07, 2018, 11:20:21 PM
Bringing personal grievances about Harte into a GAA forum and dressing it up as comments on his contribution to Tyrone GAA and ability as a football manager is just cowardly. Most people here want to discuss football matters but many's a debate has ended up in a few lads throwing personal abuse at  the manager. I blocked STG a few weeks ago but still see his posts on those who quote him. He's admitted that it's not about Harte the manager, it is about Harte the man - well I personally couldn't give a flying fcuk what anyone's personal views on people are. This is a football thread and not a bitching thread...Hartes decisions have been criticised here and rightly so by the more logical posters and debate on that is great. However some of the personal stuff just has no place on a county gaa forum and thankfully it's died down as Mickey once again has managed to silence alot of the critics.

Nothing to do with the West v east thing. I'm from the East and I couldn't be a bigger admirer of the man, as many of us down in the lowlands are!

Therealdonald

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2018, 11:23:16 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on August 07, 2018, 11:20:21 PM

Nothing to do with the West v east thing. I'm from the East and I couldn't be a bigger admirer of the man, as many of us down in the lowlands are!

There's alot of us from down in East Tyrone and believe me it doesn't come into it. We like to see the county doing well. If everyone has worked out who STG is then grow a set and name him?

Thebigdog

Harte loyalists out in force this weather after beating Dublin and winning our fourth All Ireland! ... Oh wait a minute.. Firstly I don't give too F#cks if someone named me on here or not, I mean whats gonna happen? Anyway on to Harte. Firstly I was happy to see him get the job back in 02 because he did deserve it after all the underage success. Eugene Mckenna did bring Tyrone their first National title and was unfortunate for him not to stay but Mickey was the lucky one to get it. Never once up until 2010 did I question him in the job. After cork in 2009 I said we will give it one more year Mickey and then the job should be given to someone else. Of course Harte was never gonna walk away cos the Tyrone senior job is far too prestigious and this would be like handing over my beautiful girlfriend to another man. That's unfortunately the mentality we have to deal with since 2011 were power and control is all consuming. Sure enough Mickeys hung in there and may have the talent now to win another one. We will see.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Thebigdog on June 05, 2018, 01:29:53 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 05, 2018, 12:42:31 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 05, 2018, 09:13:20 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 05, 2018, 07:32:05 AM
Quote from: longballin on June 04, 2018, 11:11:07 PM
I am taken aback by the amount of people from Tyrone who want them beat on Saturday and as many who couldn't care less if they win or not. Is anyone else finding that?

How many Tyrone people told you that they wanted Tyrone beaten on Saturday?

Dunno maybe 8 or 9 and many more who said they couldn't care less

8 or 9. Lol you made it sound a lot more you twit.   And they all formed an orderly queue to tell you this did they ?
IL be hoping for a Meath win on Saturday. Let's just call it tough love.

Let's take a moment to enjoy this quote from theBigDog. Do you hope we get beaten this Sunday?
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 08, 2018, 07:44:59 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on June 05, 2018, 01:29:53 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 05, 2018, 12:42:31 PM
Quote from: longballin on June 05, 2018, 09:13:20 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on June 05, 2018, 07:32:05 AM
Quote from: longballin on June 04, 2018, 11:11:07 PM
I am taken aback by the amount of people from Tyrone who want them beat on Saturday and as many who couldn't care less if they win or not. Is anyone else finding that?

How many Tyrone people told you that they wanted Tyrone beaten on Saturday?

Dunno maybe 8 or 9 and many more who said they couldn't care less

8 or 9. Lol you made it sound a lot more you twit.   And they all formed an orderly queue to tell you this did they ?
IL be hoping for a Meath win on Saturday. Let's just call it tough love.

Let's take a moment to enjoy this quote from theBigDog. Do you hope we get beaten this Sunday?

No he'll be scuttling to his club this week to ask for a lower hogan ticket because it's starting to get to the serious end of the championship. Big Tyrone man he is!

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 08, 2018, 07:02:32 AM
Harte loyalists out in force this weather after beating Dublin and winning our fourth All Ireland! ... Oh wait a minute.. Firstly I don't give too F#cks if someone named me on here or not, I mean whats gonna happen? Anyway on to Harte. Firstly I was happy to see him get the job back in 02 because he did deserve it after all the underage success. Eugene Mckenna did bring Tyrone their first National title and was unfortunate for him not to stay but Mickey was the lucky one to get it. Never once up until 2010 did I question him in the job. After cork in 2009 I said we will give it one more year Mickey and then the job should be given to someone else. Of course Harte was never gonna walk away cos the Tyrone senior job is far too prestigious and this would be like handing over my beautiful girlfriend to another man. That's unfortunately the mentality we have to deal with since 2011 were power and control is all consuming. Sure enough Mickeys hung in there and may have the talent now to win another one. We will see.

Did you get your accounts mixed up and think you were logging in as Southtyronegael? Why do you need two accounts to say the same things anyway?

chieftain

Lmao.. STG finally catches himself out and replies with his other account thebigdog. He was actually replying to himself earlier on in the year  :'(.

I see teamtalkmag are reporting meyler on crutches l night. Will miss his workrate on Sunday if not available.

redhandefender

Right lads leave STG to it, he will no doubt be back in force if we get beat sunday or the final. I think its fairly established himself and a few others are absolute clowns who take it too far!

I questioned mickey after the monaghan game as same mistakes seemed to be happening. But he deserves plenty of credit for where he has got us.

Looking forward to Sunday, it feels very surreal to be in an AI semi so soon!

bigtogs

Quote from: redhandefender on August 08, 2018, 10:05:18 AM
Right lads leave STG to it, he will no doubt be back in force if we get beat sunday or the final. I think its fairly established himself and a few others are absolute clowns who take it too far!

I questioned mickey after the monaghan game as same mistakes seemed to be happening. But he deserves plenty of credit for where he has got us.

Looking forward to Sunday, it feels very surreal to be in an AI semi so soon!

I feel the same so far in the championship We have failed one major test v Monaghan.... we expected to win all the rest of the qualifier games and we did, we expected to beat Roscommon and Get beat by Dublin and this happened.....Next big Major test v Donegal we passed with some ease at the finish up.....So all in so far after Monaghan defeat we would have took your arm off to be in the Semi Final on Sunday so i am happy enough... I have said all along,If we dont get to the All Ireland final if we avoid Dublin it would be very disappointing.... So Sunday is a big day for all concerned and i think we have improved enough to win!!

Jim Bob

Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 08, 2018, 08:13:28 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on August 08, 2018, 07:02:32 AM

Did you get your accounts mixed up and think you were logging in as Southtyronegael? Why do you need two accounts to say the same things anyway?

;D ;D ;DTotal clown is STG/TBD

TwoUpTwoDown

Interesting to see what lads think the matchups will be this weekend? Who is your replacement for Meyler (if unavailable). One worrying aspect is how badly cleaned out around the middle we were in HP. Do we bring a bigger man in there to try and stifle the Monagahn kickout? I am also of the belief that Beggan can be got at. He has had a fantastic year, however I think he is flaky. Both his shot stopping and comfort under the high ball are average IMO.

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on August 06, 2018, 10:36:45 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 06, 2018, 10:06:31 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 06, 2018, 09:20:55 AM
lads lets be honest about it. harte has stumbled through this championship. the players deserve all the credit and in reality its the great work done by peter donnelly that has us in the semi. we still dont have a single trophy so show for our efforts this year but at least we are in with a chance of the big one. i have every faith that we have the players to do it. thought we were bang average yesterday though until mickeys favourite player lee brennan came on and totally changed the game. also special mention to colly cavanagh, amazing performance.

Did MH not get it spot on with the timing of the subs that won us the game?

Great tactical performance from MH yesterday it has to be said.
great tactical performance from mh because he threw on a few subs in a game we were playing average in and losing by 4 points? Any half ass manager would do the same. Some people really will bend over backwards to praise harte. IL never be one of them!

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 06, 2018, 10:40:04 PM
Quote from: sam03/05 on August 06, 2018, 08:13:19 AM
No doubt the Harte bashers on here, who have called for Mickey to go and called for his head constantly.
These mouths will be the first in line looking for tickets for the Final (if we get there).
They will be the first down to Dublin for the final, the first game they  have attended in years.
Or maybe because they are so opposed to him and his style, tactics and play, then they will stay away - doubt it though.
Love Tyrone hate Harte. IL never give him credit. That ok princess?

::)
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

RedHand88

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 08, 2018, 10:07:00 PM
lads lets be honest about it. harte has stumbled through this championship. the players deserve all the credit and in reality its the great work done by peter donnelly that has us in the semi. we still dont have a single trophy so show for our efforts this year but at least we are in with a chance of the big one. i have every faith that we have the players to do it. thought we were bang average yesterday though until mickeys favourite player lee brennan came on and totally changed the game. also special mention to colly cavanagh, amazing performance.

great tactical performance from mh because he threw on a few subs in a game we were playing average in and losing by 4 points? Any half ass manager would do the same. Some people really will bend over backwards to praise harte. IL never be one of them!

No doubt the Harte bashers on here, who have called for Mickey to go and called for his head constantly.
These mouths will be the first in line looking for tickets for the Final (if we get there).
They will be the first down to Dublin for the final, the first game they  have attended in years.
Or maybe because they are so opposed to him and his style, tactics and play, then they will stay away - doubt it though.

My god. It all makes sense!!!!

And he would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

trueblue1234

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 08, 2018, 10:27:27 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 08, 2018, 10:07:00 PM

My god. It all makes sense!!!!

And he would have got away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

It was fairly obvious to most. Pretty sad thing to do, replying to yourself on a Internet forum.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit