Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dar31

Quote from: Taylor on September 22, 2020, 02:16:05 PM
Quote from: Dar31 on September 22, 2020, 02:10:38 PM
Is there a way for the supplier at their end to put a vpn on so they dont know what server its coming from and are the blocks just a uk /irish issue or is it europe wide

Good question.
The VPN my end definitely isnt helping

What device are you using and is it wifi or ethernet as my internet wouldnt be fast but i have a formulerz8 in 1 room and a firestick with an ethernet adapter in the oyher and i have no buffering at all

Taylor

Quote from: Dar31 on September 22, 2020, 02:28:47 PM
Is there a way for the supplier at their end to put a vpn on so they dont know what server its coming from and are the blocks just a uk /irish issue or is it europe wide

Good question.

What device are you using and is it wifi or ethernet as my internet wouldnt be fast but i have a formulerz8 in 1 room and a firestick with an ethernet adapter in the oyher and i have no buffering at all

Firestick but it is wireless

Dar31

Quote from: Taylor on September 22, 2020, 02:37:02 PM
Quote from: Dar31 on September 22, 2020, 02:28:47 PM

Good question.

Firestick but it is wireless

I definitely recommend getting an ethernet adapter and wiring it that should solve your problems and clear your cache etc and close any background apps as the firestick is a f**ker for running loads of apps in the background slows everything down theres an app background application you can get on amazon it will show you the apps open in the background and you can force close them with that

Dar31

Cable matters ethernet adapter for firestick £14.00 on amazon is the one i bought

johnnycool

Quote from: Dar31 on September 22, 2020, 02:48:29 PM
Cable matters ethernet adapter for firestick £14.00 on amazon is the one i bought

aye but you need one of the newer versions of firestick. I think the one that supports voice remote.

Bought one of those adaptors and it didn't work as mines was years old

Dar31

Dougal Maguire

Es File Explorer is a good way to clean up the Firestick
Careful now

Boycey

At one time I'd have agreed that wired connection was desirable but the Firestick eventually won me over. I'd be surprised if WiFi is the source of your buffering especially if it's a new problem??

Dar31

Its really the vpn slowing down the wifi speed so the only way to have a consistent speed is ethernet as you need a vpn due to the 3pm blocks . But there is so many variables who knows all you can do is go step by step and try find the problem

Itchy

Good question.

I dont believe so. They will see the spike vpn or not, they send a letter to the server data centre telling them they've seen a spike and suspect piracy and they somehow then block it.

Dar31

Ah i see so  its basically a game of cat and mouse at least all the bigger vpns swap out there servers for that reason

Itchy

As I said here before, if your supplier is openly advertising on FB or elsewhere run a mile

Dar31

As its only a matter of time before there spotted ?but its a catch 22  they need customers and you need a provider so they need to get business somewhere

Main Street

Quote from: Itchy on September 22, 2020, 09:45:16 PM

Good question.

I dont believe so. They will see the spike vpn or not, they send a letter to the server data centre telling them they've seen a spike and suspect piracy and they somehow then block it.
Send a letter?  :)

Dar31

Isnt that what happened with tvzion the letters started flying and now its going