China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 18, 2021, 01:58:59 PM
The upside of the vaccine is that anyone over the age of 70 that gets covid and has the vaccine will not die
A pretty big upside
What part don't you get?

A. I was referring to people under 40 getting the vaccine. What is the upside to people under 40 getting the vaccine?

B. People in Norway over 70 haven't fared out too well with the vaccine so far.

So have you anything to add to that? If people wish to get the vaccine, they should feel free to. If people don't, they should have their views and rights accepted.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

macdanger2

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 02:20:21 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 18, 2021, 01:58:59 PM
The upside of the vaccine is that anyone over the age of 70 that gets covid and has the vaccine will not die
A pretty big upside
What part don't you get?

A. I was referring to people under 40 getting the vaccine. What is the upside to people under 40 getting the vaccine?

B. People in Norway over 70 haven't fared out too well with the vaccine so far.

So have you anything to add to that? If people wish to get the vaccine, they should feel free to. If people don't, they should have their views and rights accepted.

You're correct in that it hasn't been proven that you cannot contract & transmit the virus after receiving the vaccine. So let's look at a hypothetical case of someone under 40 who catches the virus (and let's assume for the sake of your point that they have no symptoms and will have absolutely no long term effects from it):

• if this person has had the vaccine and contracts the virus, their body will already have the antibodies to kill the virus so the virus will be transmissible only for a short period
  • if this person has not had the vaccine and contracts the virus, their body will need to learn how to create the antibodies to kill the virus so the virus will be transmissible for a longer period
The more people who fall into the first category, the less people who contract the virus

Armamike

Maybe a bit off topic, but has China shown any contrition (if that's the right word) to the international community yet for the impact of this virus, and signalled that it's going to give something back whether that be contributions to science, humanitarian aid to less developed countries, non profit making on PPE equipment etc. etc.  Maybe they have and I've missed the discussions but I've never once heard anything on the mainstream news.   
That's just, like your opinion man.

tbrick18

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 01:51:13 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 01:46:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 01:13:54 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 12:48:46 PM
The report is on the impact of the pandemic on vulnerable children.

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Governments chose to instigate Lockdowns, they are the reason those children are suffering - not the virus.

It's another classic example of the mental gymnastics I have talked about.

Those vulnerable children have been impacted by lockdown mechanisms but they don't seem to matter, people aren't interested in those with lockdown problems - only Covid problems.

If we are to follow that logic through, it implies that Lockdowns would have happened without the virus.
Obviously not the case.
Lockdowns are imposed by governments to try to minimise the effects of the virus in terms of deaths and in terms of pressure on the health system.

trailer

Quote from: Armamike on January 18, 2021, 02:46:55 PM
Maybe a bit off topic, but has China shown any contrition (if that's the right word) to the international community yet for the impact of this virus, and signalled that it's going to give something back whether that be contributions to science, humanitarian aid to less developed countries, non profit making on PPE equipment etc. etc.  Maybe they have and I've missed the discussions but I've never once heard anything on the mainstream news.

No and they have impeded the WHO at every turnaround in their search for answers.

Angelo

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 18, 2021, 02:49:17 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Governments chose to instigate Lockdowns, they are the reason those children are suffering - not the virus.

Those vulnerable children have been impacted by lockdown mechanisms but they don't seem to matter, people aren't interested in those with lockdown problems - only Covid problems.

If we are to follow that logic through, it implies that Lockdowns would have happened without the virus.
Obviously not the case.
Lockdowns are imposed by governments to try to minimise the effects of the virus in terms of deaths and in terms of pressure on the health system.

That's not logic.

Governments chose to lockdown. They had options. They chose to lockdown and vulnerable children were impacted in this but nobody cares about the victims of lockdown.

Most posters on here don't think they matter because Covid trumps anyone who is a non-Covid problem.

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 02:52:21 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

Governments chose to lockdown. They had options. They chose to lockdown and vulnerable children were impacted in this but nobody cares about the victims of lockdown.

Most posters on here don't think they matter because Covid trumps anyone who is a non-Covid problem.

Good one  ;D

rodney trotter

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 18, 2021, 11:47:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2021, 11:35:25 AM
There'll be no chat about opening anything up in the short term. Wait to you see the deaths this week, there'll be over 20 people per day and perhaps even more than 30 each day! Hospitals are like a war zone, exhausted staff, lack of staff, no capacity, low oxygen supplies, and the patients just keep coming... I hope I am wrong but this week is going to be a real disaster.

In the wee 6 I should say.

Yeah this next two weeks aren't going to be good. Hopefully the daily case numbers continue to come down at least.

I would expect this lockdown to continue to March (in the whole country).

It could up to May if that's how they are talking.
https://www.irishpost.com/news/ireland-could-remain-in-full-lockdown-until-may-warns-nphet-201685

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:06:17 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

Good one  ;D

Aye, dead on, have a laugh at all those domestic abuse victims. Tell them about how funny you think it is.

Angelo

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 18, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 18, 2021, 11:47:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 18, 2021, 11:35:25 AM
There'll be no chat about opening anything up in the short term. Wait to you see the deaths this week, there'll be over 20 people per day and perhaps even more than 30 each day! Hospitals are like a war zone, exhausted staff, lack of staff, no capacity, low oxygen supplies, and the patients just keep coming... I hope I am wrong but this week is going to be a real disaster.

In the wee 6 I should say.

Yeah this next two weeks aren't going to be good. Hopefully the daily case numbers continue to come down at least.

I would expect this lockdown to continue to March (in the whole country).

It could up to May if that's how they are talking.
https://www.irishpost.com/news/ireland-could-remain-in-full-lockdown-until-may-warns-nphet-201685

If the case numbers haven't fallen by May then the vaccine is clearly a dud.

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:08:12 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

Good one  ;D

Aye, dead on, have a laugh at all those domestic abuse victims. Tell them about how funny you think it is.

As you clearly state, they are victims of domestic abuse.

Angelo

Quote from: thebigfella on January 18, 2021, 03:10:30 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:08:12 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

Good one  ;D

As you clearly state, they are victims of domestic abuse.

Multiplied by government enforced lockdowns. Go check with the victims and see what they think of lockdowns rather than sniggering at them.

trueblue1234

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

Have many charities/ organisations that work with vulnerable people come out and said we should not be locking down? I know ones that have mentioned the need for increased funding etc. But has any released a statement to say that we shouldn't be locking down?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 03:18:15 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Obviously not the case.

That's not logic.

Have many charities/ organisations that work with vulnerable people come out and said we should not be locking down? I know ones that have mentioned the need for increased funding etc. But has any released a statement to say that we shouldn't be locking down?

Not sure, a lot of them rely on government funding though........

thebigfella

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 03:14:48 PM
Multiplied by government enforced lockdowns. Go check with the victims and see what they think of lockdowns rather than sniggering at them.

So they are victims of domestic violence you admit?

Domestic violence is very serious and nothing in my posts have indicated that I am belittling victims of domestic violence.