China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 17, 2021, 08:50:05 PM
At what stage do ye executive start talking about easing restrictions?
3 weeks until they officially end
Can't see any being eased?
What is lifted first and when?

We won't effectively know if the vaccines work for another couple of months.

But at this point we must be close to having all care home residents fully vaccinated? So it's just a matter of time in seeing if it is actually effective in these groupings.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rossfan

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 18, 2021, 11:26:43 AM
Am I the only one that think the media are making a big deal out of the 16 jabs that were given to family members of staff at the hospital in Dublin ? 
No you're not.
It was use them or dump them.
Only point I'd make were there any staff members or patients they could have been given to in the timespan available?

But to be plastered all over the media seems a bit much.
Meanwhile the number of Covid patients in the 26 have gone over 2,000 with around 400 either in ICU or being ventilated.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Rossfan on January 18, 2021, 11:55:53 AM
Am I the only one that think the media are making a big deal out of the 16 jabs that were given to family members of staff at the hospital in Dublin ? 
No you're not.
Only point I'd make were there any staff members or patients they could have been given to in the timespan available?

Yeah, it's not that big of a deal imo.

The root of the problem is the lack of an electronic system for tracking who has received / needs to receive the jab

marty34

No you're not.

Meanwhile the number of Covid patients in the 26 have gone over 2,000 with around 400 either in ICU or being ventilated.

But is there not a list who should be vaccinated?

Surely it shouldn't be getting to the situation where, at least 1 million need its urgently, and yet people are giving it to their family members?

A bad system if that's the case.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: marty34 on January 18, 2021, 12:21:23 PM
No you're not.

Surely it shouldn't be getting to the situation where, at least 1 million need its urgently, and yet people are giving it to their family members?

You would imagine there is a list if categories have been rolled out?? Vaccine shouldn't go to waste but surely there will always be a next in line?

Angelo

Interesting report (if not surprising) on the impact of Lockdowns on vulnerable kids.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0118/1190363-covid-children-vulnerable-impact/

trueblue1234

The report is on the impact of the pandemic on vulnerable children.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 12:48:46 PM

Lockdowns.

Smurfy123

Hysteria at its best about the 16 vaccines
People in this country like to make a big deal about things
The next 4 weeks the hospitals will be overwhelmed
From mid January until mid February in a normal year is where the hospitals are most overwhelmed. Expect these next 4 weeks to be out worst

trueblue1234

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on January 18, 2021, 12:32:26 PM
Quote from: marty34 on January 18, 2021, 12:21:23 PM
No you're not.

You would imagine there is a list if categories have been rolled out?? Vaccine shouldn't go to waste but surely there will always be a next in line?

Believe it or not but some people are not taking the vaccine, some on the list are too unwell to get to a place for the jab. Thought this would be easy enough to work out..

Friends have got it recently after a batch was  nearly not used, they were available got it, rather it wasted
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 01:46:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 01:13:54 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Governments chose to instigate Lockdowns, they are the reason those children are suffering - not the virus.

It's another classic example of the mental gymnastics I have talked about.

Those vulnerable children have been impacted by lockdown mechanisms but they don't seem to matter, people aren't interested in those with lockdown problems - only Covid problems.

Angelo

I wouldn't have an issue with people getting excess vaccines if the vaccine would go to waste in any case.

For me though, there seems to be no upside to taking a vaccine that has not been proven to either stop contraction or transmission of the virus and is not in anyway a viable to people under the age of 40 who are fit and healthy.

Smurfy123

The upside of the vaccine is that anyone over the age of 70 that gets covid and has the vaccine will not die
A pretty big upside
What part don't you get?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 01:51:13 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 18, 2021, 01:46:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 18, 2021, 01:13:54 PM

Lockdowns.

Giraffe

Governments chose to instigate Lockdowns, they are the reason those children are suffering - not the virus.

It's another classic example of the mental gymnastics I have talked about.

Those vulnerable children have been impacted by lockdown mechanisms but they don't seem to matter, people aren't interested in those with lockdown problems - only Covid problems.
Been through this. Couldn't disagree more as previously stated. No interest in re-having the same argument. Happy to leave it there.