Premier League 20/21

Started by Hereiam, August 05, 2020, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Fair play to Moyes with the job he is doing with West Ham. I thought he was a busted flush but what a job he is doing at the minute.

imtommygunn

Lingard two goals too. I didn't realise he had signed. The form is all over the place for everyone bar city at the minute.

lurganblue

West Ham were excellent last night.  They'd much more energy, especially in midfield.  Souchek has been a great buy.

Moyes also doubled up on Grealish too which curtailed him a bit, even though he did get an assist.

shark

Quote from: lurganblue on February 04, 2021, 11:52:14 AM
West Ham were excellent last night.  They'd much more energy, especially in midfield.  Souchek has been a great buy.

Moyes also doubled up on Grealish too which curtailed him a bit, even though he did get an assist.

West Ham were indeed excellent. Moyes had them set up perfectly to counter Villa's treat. Singular, because absolutely everything goes through Grealish.
There was a moment with about twenty mins to go that summed it up. Grealish played a one-two with a team mate which brought him in to a dangerous position just inside the box. Before the return pass had even reached him there were 5 black jerseys swarming around him. He did well to get a corner out of it. West Ham knew the ball would come back to him, because it always does. Not sure how it has taken opposing teams so long to work that out. It's up to his teammates now to start taking on more responsibility and stop trying to pass to him every single time, as it is so utterly predictable.
Luckily they have Arsenal next, who won't treat Villa with the respect that West Ham did, and will properly leave Bellerin all by himself to get cleaned out.

laoislad

I see the Southampton player has had his Red card overturned after being sent off because of Martial diving.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2021, 04:26:09 PM
I see the Southampton player has had his Red card overturned after being sent off because of Martial diving.

It was a dive. Not surprising.

Captain Obvious

Southampton have successfully appealed Jan Bednarek's red card while David Luiz's red card will stand.

The FA are making it up as we go along.

trailer

In fairness Utd were due a penalty so dive or not Mike Dean had to give it.

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 04, 2021, 04:48:30 PM
Southampton have successfully appealed Jan Bednarek's red card while David Luiz's red card will stand.

It was a penalty, Dermot Gallagher thinks the red card was correct as well as there was no genuine attempt to play the ball, the law does not allow for the accidental foul.

And it's David Luiz,  accidently on purpose  or just error prone.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 04, 2021, 04:30:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 04, 2021, 04:26:09 PM

It was a dive. Not surprising.

Will they be chalking off the goal? Would only be fair on Southampton
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on February 04, 2021, 05:47:58 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 04, 2021, 04:48:30 PM

It was a penalty, Dermot Gallagher thinks the red card was correct as well as there was no genuine attempt to play the ball, the law does not allow for the accidental foul.

And it's David Luiz,  accidently on purpose  or just error prone.
A penalty should be enough punishment for accidental foul. Makes little sense to rescind one red card and not the other.

The FA aren't doing themselves any favours by the lack of consistency with their rulings.

reillycavan

imtommygunn

I will never understand why Spurs got mourinho in.

square_ball

It never ends any differently with Mourinho. Though from watching the Spurs Amazon show Levy looks like he is infatuated with Jose so he may not be going anywhere for a while.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 04, 2021, 09:59:41 PM
I will never understand why Spurs got mourinho in.

Made the same mistake as Manchester United thinking he wasn't past his best. His trust in Eric Dier backfired again tonight.