The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgael

Anyone know were i can watch Stars Go Racing??? Thanks
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Hardy

It's awful shite. I should have known better, having an aversion to "reality" TV, but I decided to watch this for obvious reasons. Words fail me.

Armaghgael

Any opinions on the hurdle DH?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on July 28, 2011, 01:16:41 PM

If The Real Article wins (which he will if you believe Noel O'Brien's ratings) then the integrity of racing in Ireland has finally hit rock bottom.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Armaghgael

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 28, 2011, 01:20:57 PM

If The Real Article wins (which he will if you believe Noel O'Brien's ratings) then the integrity of racing in Ireland has finally hit rock bottom.

Im stuck between Captain Cee Bee and Redera whats your views on these two?

AbbeySider

Has anyone any tips for Galway today or tomorrow?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on July 28, 2011, 01:27:24 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 28, 2011, 01:20:57 PM

Im stuck between Captain Cee Bee and Redera whats your views on these two?

Captain Cee Bee is the class horse in the race by a country mile but shouldn't beat The Real Article on a strict interpretation of their Limerick Junction form. He's still a good e/w price because he'll love the ground and having won a Supreme Novices Hurdle won't be put off by the hustle and bustle of the big field.

I doubt Redera has any more improvement left in him off a mark of 133 but you could never write Martin off.

Armaghgael

A did Redera before a seen your reply :-\ :-\ But as you say you cant write him off. I was reading Davy Russells article in the star and he thinks he will be in the shake-up. Hopefuly anyway

Donnellys Hollow

Great win for Paul Flynn. Was a fine young jockey about ten years ago when he was champion conditional in England for Philip Hobbs. He rode What's Up Boys to win a Coral Cup and a Hennessy. Think he's originally from up Maynooth/Celbridge direction.

Just delighted that The Real Article got beat.

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 28, 2011, 05:22:39 PM
Great win for Paul Flynn. Was a fine young jockey about ten years ago when he was champion conditional in England for Philip Hobbs. He rode What's Up Boys to win a Coral Cup and a Hennessy. Think he's originally from up Maynooth/Celbridge direction.

In the exact same boat i backed CCB e/w so down a few quid but was delighted to see real article beaten and a syndicate going nuts in the parade for the winner was good too!

Rois

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 28, 2011, 05:22:39 PM

I know nothing about horse racing but someone told me to bet on that horse, which I duly did.  £4 I'll never get back...

Mickey Linden

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the Nassau Stakes tomorrow DH. I know you were keen on Misty for Me a few weeks ago allbeit in a different race

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on July 29, 2011, 03:44:37 PM
I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the Nassau Stakes tomorrow DH. I know you were keen on Misty for Me a few weeks ago allbeit in a different race

She should win if you trust the form of the Pretty Polly at the Curragh. 9/4 looks a decent price too.

I don't think she'll have it as easy as it was at the Curragh though. Seámus dictated from the front that day and slipped the field but Cecil/Juddmonte have a pacemaker in for their filly this time. I'll probably back her but I won't be steaming in.