The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Happy days,gamblings so much more fun when you're winning  :D

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on June 01, 2011, 07:04:35 PM
Happy days,gamblings so much more fun when you're winning  :D

Fair play chief!! If I had a day like that every week I'd be happy.

drici

Mickey Linden

Would be interested in hearing Donnelly's thoughts (or anyone else for that matter) on SNA today if your about? Good thing?

Whats the feelings on the board now about the Derby?

Donnellys Hollow

I think St Nick will win. Price is a bit skimpy though.

Wonder Of Wonders at 4s is a solid e/w bet to nothing in the Oaks. I wouldn't rule out Jessie Harrington's filly either who actually finished ahead of WOW at Leopardstown in April.

I'd layed the fav for the Derby before the news of his injury. Pour Moi was a silly price a few weeks back before Fabre came out and said that he was up there with the best he's ever brought to England. He's found his right price in the market now. Of the Ballydoyle pair - Seville won't have the gears IMO but he may reverse the Dante form considering the crawl they went at York. Recital looked a bit difficult in the Derrinstown but I expect Fallon will ride him differently now. I'd be surprised if he's out of the three and it would be good to see him win just to rub it into Native Khan's connections given their ridiculous carry on trying to stop Fallon riding the colt.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thought St Nick was beaten all ends up there!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Hard to know where they'll go with him now. He looks too slow for 10f and I'm not sure he'll beat Workforce or the big Aussie horse over 12f. Did that well enough though. He didn't really handle the camber up the straight and they didn't exactly go a blistering gallop.

Candyman

Geraldines Lass' stablemate out tonight @ 8.10? Any word about it? (BB?)

beer baron

Quote from: Candyman on June 03, 2011, 03:05:49 PM
Geraldines Lass' stablemate out tonight @ 8.10? Any word about it? (BB?)

Heard nothing,that's not to say it wont win though!

beer baron

Just after coming in from football training and looking at my texts- 'no.8 in the 8.10 is a great e/w bet'-guess what went and won at 16/1  ::)

Disaster!

Candyman

Donnellys Hollow

Just out of interest BB, who is your source in Geraldine's Lass' yard? (PM me if necessary)

I'm only interested because she's trained by the Lilywhite legend big Willie McCreery!

Candyman

Donnellys Hollow