The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: boojangles on May 28, 2011, 03:44:52 PM
Quote from: beer baron on May 28, 2011, 10:52:01 AM
Yeah Geraldines lass is on the job today!

Get up!!!

Couldn' believe it drifted out to 4's!There must've been a lot of money on other horses because there was a good few pound on him/her!Anyway a 4/1 winner instead of a 5/2 winner will set me up lovely for the weekend!

Donnellys Hollow

Thousand Stars second again in the Prix Barka at Auteuil
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Pleasing reappearance from Rite Of Passage. I'll happily have a few quid on e/w for the Ascot Gold Cup after that. A further six furlongs will see him comfortably turn that form around. The English stayers are a middling bunch and I don't think the French have anything.

bridge fan

beer baron

Anyone know if Seville's a cert to run in the Derby yet and will Soumillon be available to ride if he is?

Donnellys Hollow

The betting suggests he'll take his chance. Don't see any reason why Soumillon won't be on him. Fallon will ride Recital. For all that Soumillon is a fine rider, he's had a few shockers around Epsom down the years.

It wouldn't surprise me if Seville turned form around with Carlton House. The Dante was an absolute joke of a race. He strikes me as a stayer though. I think he'll end up being a Leger horse. I've backed Fabre's horse but the price has collapsed now. 6/4 the fav is a farcical price. The value probably lies with Recital now.

Sea The Stars

Quote from: beer baron on May 29, 2011, 06:01:40 PM
Anyone know if Seville's a cert to run in the Derby yet and will Soumillon be available to ride if he is?

Rags aside, the runners and riders for Saturday look something like:

Carlton House (Ryan Moore)
Pour Moi (Mikael Barzalona)
Recital (Keiren Fallon)
Seville (Christophe Soumillion)
Native Kahn (Johnny Murtagh)
Vadamar (Christophe Lemaire)
Treasure Beach (Colm O'Donoghue)
Ocean War (Frankie Dettori)
Memphis Tennessee (Joseph O'Brien)
Masked Marvel (William Buick)

Looks a good race, with the best of European jockeyship on offer.

beer baron

Good few pound each way on seville at 8's,when i was watching that last race with Carlton house at the time i was thinking surely the bookies will cop how poorly run a race it was and how easy a time of it Soumillon gave the horse in the last few furlongs,thankfully the bookies love the queen and this price is available!Very weary of this French horse especially when Dh has backed it.

Delighted Soumillon's on board-every single time i've backed him he's given my horse a peach of a ride!Just my lucky jockey i suppose,along with Eddie Ahern!Hopefully he has the same effect this weekend  :)

Hope that isn't the kiss of death for him now  ::)

Doogie Browser

Neville Ring had 5/7 at Ballinrobe last night

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on May 31, 2011, 12:47:21 AM
Good few pound each way on seville at 8's,when i was watching that last race with Carlton house at the time i was thinking surely the bookies will cop how poorly run a race it was and how easy a time of it Soumillon gave the horse in the last few furlongs,thankfully the bookies love the queen and this price is available!Very weary of this French horse especially when Dh has backed it.

Delighted Soumillon's on board-every single time i've backed him he's given my horse a peach of a ride!Just my lucky jockey i suppose,along with Eddie Ahern!Hopefully he has the same effect this weekend  :)

Hope that isn't the kiss of death for him now  ::)

Is Soumillion definitely going to ride Seville ye? I backed Sevile for the Derby before the Dante and I do agree that he definitely didn't go too hard on him in that race. Heres hoping for a place anyway.

Donnellys Hollow

Murtagh is supposedly going to get the spare on Native Khan. Pity for connections that Peslier has to stay at Longchamp. Best jock on the flat IMHO.

Ballydoyle's riding arrangements for the Oaks should be interesting. Moore is riding St Nick in the Coronation Cup but he'll be on Stoute's filly in the Oaks. Fallon is going to have a great chance of landing a classic this weekend if he's on both Wonder Of Wonders and Recital.

beer baron

Geraldines lass fancied to win again at Tipp 6.00

drici

Yahoo.
YeeHa!

whitegoodman