The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Plenty of runners for Gordon Elliot on the first day of the Perth festival. Sure to have several winners there over the next few days.

Zacinto looks a decent price in the Paradise Stakes at Ascot. Seemed to lose his way last year but it's noteworthy that Judmonte and Stoute have decided to keep him in training. His form with Rip Van Winkle and Goldikova is easily the best on offer in this field.

Sea The Stars

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 26, 2011, 07:18:50 PM
RIP Sadlers Wells - the sire of sires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9EN9f8t9HE

Like his old man a sire of champions. And arguably a greater sire of sires. His legacy will live on in the thoroughbred for a very long time.

Galileo, Montjeu, Istabraq, Yeats, High Chaparral, Islington, Milan, King of Kings, Salsabil, Barathea, Imagine, Refuse To Bend, Alexandrova, Entrepreneur - some wondeful names.

No doubt he'll be up there in horse heaven watching over his grand-sons, Frankel and Roderic O'Connor, in the 2000 Guineas this weekend too.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Not to forget Hurricane Fly.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Candyman

6.30 Ballinrobe

No.9

Dont shoot the messenger, i'll Just watch it myself... ;-)

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Sea The Stars on April 26, 2011, 11:52:59 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 26, 2011, 07:18:50 PM
RIP Sadlers Wells - the sire of sires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9EN9f8t9HE

Like his old man a sire of champions. And arguably a greater sire of sires. His legacy will live on in the thoroughbred for a very long time.

Galileo, Montjeu, Istabraq, Yeats, High Chaparral, Islington, Milan, King of Kings, Salsabil, Barathea, Imagine, Refuse To Bend, Alexandrova, Entrepreneur - some wondeful names.

No doubt he'll be up there in horse heaven watching over his grand-sons, Frankel and Roderic O'Connor, in the 2000 Guineas this weekend too.

Fairly certain he's Pathfork's damsire as well.

Truly incredible stallion. I would say he was at least the equal of Northern Dancer. The global bloodstock trade was only really beginning when Northern Dancer was in his pomp. Sadlers Wells competed globally against the likes of Danehill, Storm Cat, Danzig, Rainbow Quest and Sunday Silence. His record is truly phenomenal - the leading sire domestically every year from 1992-2004 and three times leading sire in France. The quality of stallions he's produced is testament to his constitution. I saw him paraded one day (at the Curragh I think) and he truly was a bull of a horse. El Prado, Montjeu and Galileo have gone on to follow in his footsteps on the flat. Oscar, Kings Theatre, Old Vic, Accordion, Kayf Tara, Sadlers Hall, Milan and Dushyantor will ensure his legacy lives on over obstacles. He's also been the leading broodmare sire since 2005 and already has 22 winners so far this season (amazing for a stallion that supposedly wasn't a good sire of fillies)!

It just goes to show what a genius MV O'Brien was. Those bloodlines will dominate racing for decades to come.

RealSpiritof98

Did anyone see the 7-00 in Ballinrobe, fixed for the heavily backed fav or what!!

Oak Leafer

8.15 Southwell Yippee Kiyay

Radda bout yeee

Oak Leafer

Ex Bookmaker....have had good info before. Up against some first-timers so im not getting involved too heavy

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Oak Leafer on April 28, 2011, 02:05:28 PM
Ex Bookmaker....have had good info before. Up against some first-timers so im not getting involved too heavy

Whys he an ex bookmaker? giving out too good a tips!  ;D ;D

Oak Leafer

Donnellys Hollow

The Perth Festival = Gordon Elliott benefit

beer baron

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 28, 2011, 04:22:07 PM

Martin scruff the only 1 he fancied that won!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: beer baron on April 28, 2011, 04:56:57 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 28, 2011, 04:22:07 PM

Martin scruff the only 1 he fancied that won!

You could back his horses blind at the UK gaff tracks. A 1,2 in the last as well as 8/1 and 11/4 winners earlier on. Only a double there yesterday (fabulous ride by Codd on Oscars Ballad btw). Should be on for the four-timer tomorrow so! Haven't had a look at the card yet.

Maguire showed that there was no need for the showboating of his fellow Meathman on that Martin Scruff back at Punchestown a few months ago.