The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Can't bate a Meathman in a tight finish!
(Barry, I mean).

bcarrier

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on December 10, 2010, 12:28:50 PM
I've never forgiven Faasel for throwing away the 2005 Triumph Hurdle. I'd followed him since he beat the mighty Alexander Goldrun in a nursery at Listowel and I had a big antepost bet on him at a huge price for Cheltenham. I was already counting my winnings as he jumped the last flight.  :'(

Faasel got put on on here at the time by along gone poster called Homeofhurling at 33s . I had a good cut at the same beast that year too. A dog of a horse if ever there was one.

Fine card at Cheltenham tomorrow.

Hardy

He didn't seem to want to know today.

illdecide

I've never forgiven Faasel for throwing away the 2005 Triumph Hurdle. I'd followed him since he beat the mighty Alexander Goldrun in a nursery at Listowel and I had a big antepost bet on him at a huge price for Cheltenham. I was already counting my winnings as he jumped the last flight.  :'(

Great to have proper racing back. I'll give Reve De Sivola another chance in the first w/o the fav. Have a feeling the trip will be too short for Al Ferof in the last so I'll be looking at Henderson's horse. Magnier gave him a shocker at the Curragh so I wouldn't read too much into that form.

Correct... ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on December 10, 2010, 03:27:50 PM

Faasel got put on on here at the time by along gone poster called Homeofhurling at 33s . I had a good cut at the same beast that year too. A dog of a horse if ever there was one.

Fine card at Cheltenham tomorrow.

Pure hound of a thing is right. Thankfully Kicking King and Fota Island landed some bets later that day to erase the memory of Faasel throwing his head up in the air after the last.

Good day on the punting front today but the card tomorrow looks difficult. I don't really trust Master Minded so I won't be having a bet in the Tingle Creek. The Bula should be very informative but it's not a race to have a punt in. Hard to fancy Cue Card at the price given his inexperience and Dunraven Storm's subsequent flop at Haydock. Menorah might not get the strong pace he needs and I don't think the form of the Nicholls horse it up to much. The handicap is very interesting. I was really taken with Psycho at Naas and he has plenty of experience of competitive handicaps from his hurdling days. I reckon he's a bit soft but he's worth a market check given who he's trained by! I'll be having a small e/w play on Noble Alan who is unexposed at the trip.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bcarrier

Noble Alan is on my list too. Also Kalahari King ew in Tingle Creek and probably Sentry Duty ew in the Relkeel.

Big day for Noel Fehily . I hope he isnt rushing himself back.

Donnellys Hollow

Apprentice title shared - Gary Carroll, Ben Curtis, Joseph O'Brien all on 39 winners.

Gary Carroll will be sick. Just got pipped on the line in the final race.

Hardy

Great entertainment it was and an exciting finish to the season. Good coverage by ATR, who usually behave like a troop of clowns, but their Irish presenters are good lads and did a great job tonight.

thewobbler

Noel Fehily made Ruby's job look wild easy there now on Masterminded.

Hardy

Donnellys Hollow

I still reckon he's a bit of a flash harry who will struggle if something gets him at it. 6/4 for March with Big Zeb at 9/2 is laughable. It doesn't take a formbook genius to work out which one of them is better value.

Some really ridiculous antepost quotes today. Time For Rupert at 4s for the RSA after beating Chicago Grey 8L? The Triumph favourite already as short as 9/2 before Christmas? Spineless bookies.

Hardy

Donnellys Hollow

This Champion Hurdle could be something else. Binocular, Peddlers Cross, Menorah, Solwhit, Hurricane Fly, Go Native, Dunguib?

Mouthwatering.

Presume Cue Card will drop back to novice company now. I'd be a bit disappointed that Clerks Choice finished so close to him. It'll be interesting to see how Zaidpour performs during the week. He could be the value back-to-lay now in both the novice events at the festival.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Thought it was crazy for Cue Card to have been favourite for so long against the reigning Novice champion. Landed Menorah at 5/2 15 minutes before the race with Paddy Power so delighted with that.  ;D

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

He was a brilliant bumper winner but I have a feeling that was one of the worst Champion Bumper fields ever. He travelled beautifully today but didn't really find as much as you'd expect and his head carriage looked a bit questionable. I wouldn't be breaking down the door of the bookies to back him for the novice races.

I really like Menorah but I'm not sure he justifys favouratism for March now. Cue Card had only two prior hurdling runs before today and Silviniaco Conte had only three. That will be very difficult form to weigh up. It was also a muddling enough race because they just completely ignored the pacemaker. You have to ask yourself would Peddlers Cross, Solwhit or Hurricane Fly have won that race today? I'm sure they would have.

I must be stone mad but Dunguib at 20s is starting to tempt me! Hurricane Fly could make sh1te of all of them if he turns up but that is a massive if because he appears to be made of glass.