The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joxer

Quote from: illdecide on November 17, 2010, 03:33:16 PM
I done Zagman DH and TBH with 2-3 out i thought he was cruising and a cert to win. However, it didn't win and gave a very unusual run in...what did you make of the last furlong? I'm not that big into the horses and you guys are the experts but i just got the feeling the jockey was holding it back...

+1.

Jesus he was cruising  and just seem to stop!

Donnellys Hollow

I done Zagman DH and TBH with 2-3 out i thought he was cruising and a cert to win. However, it didn't win and gave a very unusual run in...what did you make of the last furlong? I'm not that big into the horses and you guys are the experts but i just got the feeling the jockey was holding it back...

He just looks like a bit of a bridle horse to me (travels easily during the race but when the jock starts to row along and asks him to go and win his race, he finds nothing). He did something similar at Punchestown last time out. I had put that down to the fact that he pulled very hard early on that day and he lacked race fitness but I had obviously read the race wrong.

I won't be backing him again anyway unless it's a very weak contest.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

thewobbler

Quel Esprit is 1/2 in a 16 runner beginners chase. Is he running against a herd of Aberdeen Angus?

Something's not right there.

Joxer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 17, 2010, 03:38:57 PM

He just looks like a bit of a bridle horse to me (travels easily during the race but when the jock starts to row along and asks him to go and win his race, he finds nothing). He did something similar at Punchestown last time out. I had put that down to the fact that he pulled very hard early on that day and he lacked race fitness but I had obviously read the race wrong.

I won't be backing him again anyway unless it's a very weak contest.

Good man Russell! 

Had a few pound on a treble with Zagman Quaquo De Flotte Quel Esprit  worked out about  17/2.  Would have been nice!

Donnellys Hollow

Nice introduction for Quel Esprit anyway.

I think our staying novices are going to be quite strong this season - Jessies Dream, Thegreatjohnbrowne and now Quel Esprit have impressed and Mikael D'Haguenet, Arvika Liegeonaire, Fionnegas & Coole River are yet to run.

Didn't think much of some of the English stayers over the weekend. Chicago Grey looked to have them all cooked on Saturday when he fell at the second last and he's not even the best in Gordon Elliot's yard. Time For Rupert is overrated on the basis of one hurdles run and Tell Massini has temperament issues.

Donnellys Hollow

Two horses interest me tomorrow at Thurles.

The Bull Hayes ran very well when just held on his hurdling debut at Naas. He was a well above average flat horse and he should be quite useful over timber if he can transfer his flat ability to the winter game. I wouldn't be a massive fan of young Leigh as a rider but he should be good enough against a weakish looking field. Mouse Morris has a 4yo full-brother to Kicking King in the race as well so he's well worth keeping an eye on for the future.

Ballyhaunis looked like he'd got his act together when sluicing up at Listowel. Willie sounded a bit concerned about the ground but that should help his undoubted stamina to become a factor.

Sizing Mexico is well worth a market check in the longer novice hurdle.

beer baron

Had a few pound on Zagman myself and went to the bookies to watch it,seen a gamble on the winner so decided id put a forecast on as well to cover myself-worked out just over 15/1-delighted!  ;D

winsamsoon

Donnelly as i didn't get a footy bet done tonight i shall have a small wager on them tommorrow for an interest.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

£30 double gets you just over 100 snoops

Bull Hayes 11/10

Ballyhaunis 8/13
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

the greatest jockey

looks like theres some value to be had in the favourite in the 3.30 at hereford..

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 17, 2010, 09:00:10 PM

Bull Hayes 11/10

Ballyhaunis 8/13

Ballyhaunis now 6/4, might throw morning supreme in for the treble.

beer baron

Quote from: the greatest jockey on November 18, 2010, 11:35:16 AM
looks like theres some value to be had in the favourite in the 3.30 at hereford..

Some laugh if he gets beat! 1/12 is ridiculous!

beer baron

Hollo ladies expected to win 1.40 market rasen!

Donnellys Hollow

What was Zaynar when he was beaten at Kelso? 1/14 I think  :D

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 18, 2010, 11:40:01 AM
Quote from: winsamsoon on November 17, 2010, 09:00:10 PM

Bull Hayes 11/10

Ballyhaunis 8/13

Ballyhaunis now 6/4, might throw morning supreme in for the treble.

Tadgh upsets the Bull Hayes at 25/1
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead