The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on September 24, 2010, 01:57:18 PM
Proper National Hunt fare at Navan tomorrow alright. Venalmar and Nicanor on the card too. What they might have been .

That's my one concern for First Lieutenant tomorrow. Mouse seems to have half his yard running at Navan. They're either all flying fit at home or all in dire need of a run. I suspect the latter because Mouse's last winner was First Lieutenant back in March and he's had 61 runners beat since then. The market should tell us all we need to know.

Venalmar could have been anything. Of the four horses who made up the Irish 1-2-3-4 in that Cheltenham novice hurdle, only the fourth home (Forpadydeplasterer) has had a proper career since then and he ended up winning an Arkle and coming second in a Champion Chase. How good could Fiveforthree, Venalmar and Trafford Lad have been? Real pity for Irish NH racing. It's crying out for a superstar since Moscow Flyer retired (Kicking King and War Of Attrition injured before their peak too) and we can now safely assume that Dunguib won't be it either.

Nicanor did me a massive favour when beating Denman. I understand that his injury was so severe he's lucky to be still with us and it's a minor miracle he's still racing.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bridge fan

a e/w treble for today

Pointilliste   @ 10-1
Realt Dubh @ 7-2
Kid Curry    @ 9-2

good luck all   

bridge fan

Quote from: bridge fan on September 25, 2010, 11:15:52 AM
a e/w treble for today

Pointilliste   @ 10-1
Realt Dubh @ 7-2
Kid Curry    @ 9-2

good luck all

and Judicious in the 4-05 chester

Donnellys Hollow

First Lieutenant drifted like a barge but looked to be coming with a winning move at the second last when he lost his hind legs. Definitely one to follow during the winter.

Frankel looked absolutely awesome just there. 2/1 for the Guineas though? You're having a laugh. The Ballydoyle horse that ran there couldn't win at Listowel last week!

Donnellys Hollow

a e/w treble for today

Pointilliste   @ 10-1
Realt Dubh @ 7-2
Kid Curry    @ 9-2

good luck all

Hi Noel!

How's Pandorama?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 24, 2010, 01:00:05 PM
The two 2yo races look weak enough contests with one horse standing out in each. Frankel has a piss easy task in the Royal Lodge and Casamento should win the Beresford at the Curragh on Sunday as he likes.

How in the name of God did he go off at 4/6?!  ;D

Best 2yo we have in Ireland. Hopefully he stays here and isn't shipped off to Dubai. He's the value against Frankel in the Guineas market. I'd love to see him take on Cecil's horse at Doncaster to see how good he really is.

bridge fan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 25, 2010, 02:38:29 PM
a e/w treble for today

Pointilliste   @ 10-1
Realt Dubh @ 7-2
Kid Curry    @ 9-2

good luck all

back in working away and in good form

Hi Noel!

How's Pandorama?

Donnellys Hollow

Not really the standard of card I'd normally give a second glance to but Rubi Light looks slightly overpriced to me in the 5:15 at Sligo. Rinroe looked capable of developing into a very good horse as a novice hurdler but he's been off the track for the guts of 3 years and he isn't with Meade anymore. Robbie Hennessy's string are in decent form and Geraghty has been booked for Rubi Light.

Donnellys Hollow

Returned @ 5/4  :o

I hope someone else managed to snaffle the 5/2 available earlier.

Some good action across the water tomorrow with two Group 1s at Newmarket. It looks a decent enough renewal of the Middle Park and I like the chances of Dream Ahead who won the Morny at Deauville last time out. I think the soft ground will do Strong Suit's chances no good. He looked to get bogged down when Zoffany beat him at the Curragh. Elsewhere in England there's a good NH card at Hexham. Cape Tribulation who has some very decent form over timber makes his chasing debut. The ex-Ballydoyle trained Moon Indigo has his first run over hurdles for Howard Johnson too.

Back home, keep an eye out for Golden Ticket in the market for the bumper at Gowran. He was given a very sympathetic ride in a good bumper at Listowel a fortnight ago when he finished a close third. Hired Hand and Askanna would be the others I'd be keeping an eye out for on that Gowran card.

gerrykeegan

Nice one DH, backed it 15/8 went to pub before race, watched the doom and gloom of the news, came home and saw the beer was paid for.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Lecale2

Donnellys Hollow

Awful field altogether for the Arc tomorrow - it looks as hard as the Grand National to figure out. To think it was so easy the last two years to pick the winner with one horse standing head and shoulders above the rest of the field.

The supporting card is pure quality but I'm not sure there's great betting propositions there. Stacelita should win the Opera but she mightn't be too much of a price.

Decent mixed card at Tipp. Donnas Palm is the class act in the old McManus Hurdle but the trip at this track in particular could be sharp enough for him. Rock Noir, who had great form as a younster in France, looks a classy recruit to chasing at Huntingdon for Jonjo and AP.

Lecale2

8   Me Fein - Denis Oregan      B Curley      6 10-12     ::)   

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Lecale2 on October 03, 2010, 08:52:12 AM
8   Me Fein - Denis Oregan      B Curley      6 10-12     ::)

:D

Very good!

Having a cut at Dick Turpin e/w in the Foret. Oneeightofamile for the in-form John Kiely yard in the novice hurdle at Tipp is another e/w bet for me today.

bridge fan

think Earls Quarter is a good bet today in the bumper  :)