Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on June 25, 2010, 06:34:44 PM
Good stuff boojangles.

Hope I made ya change your mind Baron??
Apologies that I didnt get it up earlier. Was delighted with the drift. ;D ;D

beer baron

Already had the double on,but did the one thing i usually avoid doing and stuck a tenner on yours even though i already had one in the race,covered what i would've lost!Good stuff.

ludermor

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 23, 2010, 11:24:18 PM
QuoteYeah they got a load of asians

This bit is wrong.
So why is this wrong?

Donnellys Hollow

That fashion one on the RTÉ coverage should be put out to grass.

Who the feck wants to know what Fiona or Mary paid for their hat in the Brown Thomas spring/summer collection when watching the racing? Sort it out Ted!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

What a rubbish Derby today - they might as well have run it on the gallops at Ballydoyle. The race really has lost a lot of it's prestige since Budweiser pulled their sponsorship. It used to be a brilliant race when you'd get the Chantilly & Epsom winners taking each other on but that those days are gone it seems. Great memories on RTÉ's coverage of St Jovite, Generous, Montjeu and Sinndar today but the race just isn't attracting that calibre of horse anymore.

Haven't got into the flat season at all this year. Roll on Listowel and the start of the NH proper!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 27, 2010, 11:30:40 PM
What a rubbish Derby today - they might as well have run it on the gallops at Ballydoyle. The race really has lost a lot of it's prestige since Budweiser pulled their sponsorship. It used to be a brilliant race when you'd get the Chantilly & Epsom winners taking each other on but that those days are gone it seems. Great memories on RTÉ's coverage of St Jovite, Generous, Montjeu and Sinndar today but the race just isn't attracting that calibre of horse anymore.

Haven't got into the flat season at all this year. Roll on Listowel and the start of the NH proper!

Why has it diminshed in stature DH? Is the Prize money comparatively less now comaped to Epsom than it used to be?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

It's hard to know TAM. I don't think Ballydoyle's dominance has helped the race and the Arabs aren't really putting as much money into their Irish operations as they once were. It's amazing really given the quality of trainers that have horses for the Maktoums in Ireland - Bolger, Prendergast, DK Weld etc. Compare their records when they get the right stock to some of the chancers they have horses with across the water. The Godolphin/Darley operation has become a laughing stock. Bolger has bought up half the land in the sunny South-East on the back of the Sheikh throwing millions at him for mediocre animals!

The Aga Khan has traditionally been a great supporter of the Curragh but he doesn't have the same number of quality horses in training with John Oxx anymore - most of his good ones now seem to be kept for the French.

For all their success over the past decade I'm not sure the Ballydoyle/Coolmore monopoly is entirely healthy for flat racing in Ireland. Last year was so refreshing because Oxx had a horse that swatted away everything APOB threw at him.

bridge fan

mascarene in the 8-40 newbury
gordon elliott is having some time of it over in perth

RealSpiritof98

Was told inwood will not lose the 8.05 in lep.

Bridge is that a tip or a hunch

RealSpiritof98

Hello!!!!! sorry about the late notice lads.

Had a good bit ridin on that....

have it doubled with mascerene, so come on!!

beer baron

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on July 01, 2010, 07:36:40 PM
Was told inwood will not lose the 8.05 in lep.

Bridge is that a tip or a hunch

Got  a text for that horse at 8 today wen in the bookies myself-was in 2 minds about backing it with the gamble on tsar paul but ended u sticking 20 on at 5/1,nothing wrong with it!

bridge fan

tip l
let me down for a treble but had a double and singles and a few of elliots this past 2 days so not 2 bad

beer baron

Had elliots first winner today and then looked at long wait but like a fool ddnt follow it and backed the gamble and long wait wins by a mile at 9's,ah well still good day at the office

illdecide

What do you lads think of "Littlemisssunshine" in the 3:10 at Warwick today? (This is not a tip) just fancy it myself but would appreciate some of your expert advice
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

drici

Watched the 2-35 at Newmarket there.
Anybody got the result?

Three runs and three wins now all over 6 furlongs at 9/4x, 15/2 and today's 5/4x.