The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Quote from: illdecide on June 15, 2010, 03:51:37 PM
just done dick Turpin

At least you got a run for your money.

In the next race I'm using the theory of picking the "weaker" of the 2 horses of the same trainer.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Donnellys Hollow

Great day for the Hannon's even with Paco Boy getting chinned. Hopefully Goldikova and Canford Cliffs take each other on before the end of the summer. Two cracking milers and I suspect America will be on the agenda for both.

I'm writing off the rest of the week for Ballydoyle. You simply can't back them at the moment unless there's significant money behind them.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Onthehill

Spectait out tomorrow. Great stayer for the mile. Unlucky at goodwood last time it was there class 2. Odds of 40/1 on Paddy p and 1/4 for 5 places. too good to miss.

beer baron

Quote from: Onthehill on June 15, 2010, 10:34:55 PM
Spectait out tomorrow. Great stayer for the mile. Unlucky at goodwood last time it was there class 2. Odds of 40/1 on Paddy p and 1/4 for 5 places. too good to miss.

Ill stick that into my lucky 15 tomorrow-anyone else have any fancies for tomorrow preferably at ascot and an e/w price,i haven't looked at anything yet

Catch the high ball

Some big fields and some very evenly matched horses in the big races, should be a great deal of excitement today.

My picks for today at Royal Ascot.

2.30 RED JAZZ 13/2 (Field Of Dreams 12/1)
3.05 ANTARA 7/2
3.50 BYWORD 3/1 (Shalanaya 9/1)
4.25 DANDY BOY 8/1 (TRYST 14/1, Riggins 12/1)
5.00 MEOW 10/3
5.35 SAFINA 4/1 (Miss Zooter 9/1)

maddog

Anyone know anything about a nag called Kingdom of Munster. It used to be with O'Brien but is now with Ian Williams over here. Its down to run in a handicap tomorrow at ascot and will be massive price. Someone tipped it to be a while back but it was withdrawn from a race the other week. Is it an O'Brien cast off because its a goat or could it be a horse still with a bit of class downgraded. :-\

Catch the high ball

Ah feck, near got the first one up.

RealSpiritof98

Fancy Zebedee in the opener, seemed to have plenty left when winning 1st time out and a CD winner. Gertruide Bell 3.05.
I want to back Age of Aqurius in the big one and probably will but Ballydoyle certainly aint firing well (any info welcome). and Navajo chief 4.25.

Donnellys Hollow

Yeeeeeha!

Great to see a NH horse stuffing the blue bloods. Well done to the master of Rosewell - up Kildare!

Catch the high ball

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 17, 2010, 03:57:06 PM
Yeeeeeha!

Great to see a NH horse stuffing the blue bloods. Well done to the master of Rosewell - up Kildare!

Great to see, think he is going for the Melbourne Cup as well. That Peddlers Cross must be some horse, all things taken into consideration.

boojangles

Yeeeeeha!

Yeeha as rite. Had 5ew at 20/1. I knew it would stay from seeing it at Cheltenham. What a race.

Candyman

Quote from: maddog on June 16, 2010, 10:42:43 AM
Anyone know anything about a nag called Kingdom of Munster. It used to be with O'Brien but is now with Ian Williams over here. Its down to run in a handicap tomorrow at ascot and will be massive price. Someone tipped it to be a while back but it was withdrawn from a race the other week. Is it an O'Brien cast off because its a goat or could it be a horse still with a bit of class downgraded. :-\

Non-Runner again

Homer

Quote from: boojangles on June 17, 2010, 04:31:11 PM
Yeeeeeha!

Yeeha as rite. Had 5ew at 20/1. I knew it would stay from seeing it at Cheltenham. What a race.

Another nice boost to the form of Peddlers Cross

randomtask

any tips this evening lads?

Donnellys Hollow

Not sure he'll go to Australia. I'd say Profound Beauty will end up at Flemington given that Rite Of Passage will be handicapped to the hilt now.

I'd love to see him having a crack at the Champion Hurdle. No better man than DK to get them ready. Best Irish trainer by a country mile IMHO.