The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Shamrock Shore

Cheers Doogie. I had forgotten I had slapped a few bob on here!

RealSpiritof98

Tips are going rightly at the minute on here lads, but I was in the bookies the other day and this elder gentleman tried to tip me a horse for Cheltenham, although I politely listened to his info, I just cant think there can be much tips for the festival, surely every single trainer/owner is trying to do their utmost to win thus leading to plenty of claims ''my horse is flying at tne minute, we're in with a great chance''

cookstownblue

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on March 10, 2010, 10:21:41 AM
Tips are going rightly at the minute on here lads, but I was in the bookies the other day and this elder gentleman tried to tip me a horse for Cheltenham, although I politely listened to his info, I just cant think there can be much tips for the festival, surely every single trainer/owner is trying to do their utmost to win thus leading to plenty of claims ''my horse is flying at tne minute, we're in with a great chance''

Out of curiosity, what was the horse?

Mickey Linden

Always have to laugh at some of the comments made by lads who frequent bookies shops. Fella telling me he got a tip for Portman Park. Then there are lads bring u over to show u the paper where they marked a winner after it had run  ;D

cookstownblue

Quote from: Mickey Linden on March 10, 2010, 10:43:27 AM
Always have to laugh at some of the comments made by lads who frequent bookies shops. Fella telling me he got a tip for Portman Park. Then there are lads bring u over to show u the paper where they marked a winner after it had run  ;D

lol every bookies has one

youbetterbelieveit

Any word on anything today lads?

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Treasurer

screenmachine

Got a call this morning about Fiery Oscar in the 3.40 (I think) at Clonmel this afternoon.  Apparently worth a flutter...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

sammymaguire

cheers screen, will have a gander at that one later on
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Homer

Some may remember this from the old Cheltenham 2008 thread - Barney Curley, a couple of weeks before the festival.

Quote from: Homer on February 27, 2008, 05:08:47 PM
I see the bookies are sending out for more cash after the last winner in Southwell

4.50 Southwell.

The Bonus Ball
A P Stringer Paul Moloney 25/1 14/1 8/1 5/1 7/2 2/1

Barney had his money down!

Well Barney could be in the hunt for more Chelt swag this year...

B J Curley entries
11Mar10    7:00    Me Fein  WOLVERHAMPTON (A.W) (Overnight), 8
11Mar10    8:00    Aviso WOLVERHAMPTON (A.W) (Overnight), 13/2
16Mar10    3:35    The Bonus Ball SEDGEFIELD (Five Day)

Worth keeping on eye on the market today

Maroon Heaven

Anyone got any notes of Sean Graham's night on Monday

Didn't get to go this year

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on March 11, 2010, 11:22:05 AM
Anyone got any notes of Sean Graham's night on Monday

Didn't get to go this year

I was at it - have the notes at home - will put them up on the board at some stage. Decent summary in yesterday's Irish News.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead